You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!!!Just got the A also!!!! Interviewed 8/23 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cilantrosoap
Full Member
Can any students here speak on how frequent exams are? I know some schools are weekly or biweekly, is that the case here?
I interviewed 9/28 and they had said that we wouldn't hear back until mid-November. I know it's not the same week as you but maybe the release dates will be closer?lots of silence today, any other interview dates hear back? getting more and more anxious (interviewed 9/20)
oh wow wish they would have given my group a more accurate estimate, they just gave us the generic "any day after the 17th"I interviewed 9/28 and they had said that we wouldn't hear back until mid-November. I know it's not the same week as you but maybe the release dates will be closer?
Interviewed 9/14. So hoping maybe to hear first week of Nov then? It’s just a guessing game at this point lolI interviewed 9/28 and they had said that we wouldn't hear back until mid-November. I know it's not the same week as you but maybe the release dates will be closer?
Can any students here speak on how frequent exams are? I know some schools are weekly or biweekly, is that the case here?
M1 here, so my extent of knowledge is only through this semester, but we typically have a set of exams (Main exam + an anatomy practical) every 3 weeks +/- a few days. For the most part, they are NOT cumulative either. We also have a few ethics essay exams, but these are basically completion grades.
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Amazing, congrats! When in August if you don't mind me asking?OOS ii today. Complete in August.
August 4thAmazing, congrats! When in August if you don't mind me asking?
"Additional letters of recommendation or updates are not necessary as the Admissions Committee only reviews your application materials submitted at the time of completion. " is stated on their website.Anyone know if they accept update letters?
Interviews here are virtual, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes.Interviews here are virtual, right?
II OOS received about 30 minutes ago!
Multiple interview dates available in November, I was able to schedule for this Friday.
LM 69.9, complete 07/12
Multiple interview dates available in November, I was able to schedule for this Friday.
LM 69.9, complete 07/12
Dr.Yikes
Full Member
Thank you 🙂they had classic mmi prompts!! get comfortable with those! otherwise it was pretty fun
Just here to say that I’m like… so excited and grateful for this interview on Friday!
I’ve been super excited about this school since the start and I’ve heard so many great things!
I’ve been super excited about this school since the start and I’ve heard so many great things!
Last minute submission on Nov.1 and just submitted my secondary (Nov. 4) lol. Hail Mary.
Have the R's rolled yet?
Have the R's rolled yet?
9/14 STILL WAITING UGHHas anyone spoken with the school about when 9/23 interviewers would hear back from them about decisions?
jjll
Full Member
8/30 II..... Still waiting9/14 STILL WAITING UGH
Anyone interview 8/30 and has gotten a response? Still nothing for me
Do you mean like you haven’t gotten an email at all? I interviewed around then and got a delayed decision email but nothing since then.
MDBoundEventually
Full Member
I am OOS - no information since submitting in August. Any OSS have interviews yet?
+1 but submitted end July!I am OOS - no information since submitting in August. Any OSS have interviews yet?
+1 but submitted end July!
Same!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted yesterday. No update yet. Lol
No, seriously if I hear anything I will be your timestamp.
No, seriously if I hear anything I will be your timestamp.
Ya I submitted August OOS and got an interview in SeptemberI am OOS - no information since submitting in August. Any OSS have interviews yet?
jjll
Full Member
No, I have not gotten a decision yet... when did you interview?Do you mean like you haven’t gotten an email at all? I interviewed around then and got a delayed decision email but nothing since then.
9/14 STILL WAITING UGH
Also 9/14 and haven’t heard back yet [emoji854]
kobebean131
New Member
8/30 and still waiting. Does anyone know if we will hear back soon or is it just a waiting game at this point?
Hopefully we hear something this week for those of us who interviewed early September!
Did anyone do thank you letters here?
I feel like it would be a little much to write eight or more letters for the MMI station interviewers, but did anyone try their hand at some kind of thanks?
I feel like it would be a little much to write eight or more letters for the MMI station interviewers, but did anyone try their hand at some kind of thanks?
I did not write individual letters for every interviewer. However, I did type up one letter and asked that it be distributed by the admissions office to everyone who assisted. They were very helpful!Did anyone do thank you letters here?
I feel like it would be a little much to write eight or more letters for the MMI station interviewers, but did anyone try their hand at some kind of thanks?
jjll
Full Member
I interviewed 8/30 and haven't gotten a decision yet either.8/30 and still waiting. Does anyone know if we will hear back soon or is it just a waiting game at this point?
jjll
Full Member
I interviewed 8/30.... lol still no responseHopefully we hear something this week for those of us who interviewed early September!
ItMightBeSoon
New Member
After looking though last year's thread, it appears that most OOS decisions are issued in December and January after the IS decisions are rolled out in December. As I recall, this year's IS decisions will be released beginning on December 5 or 15 (I can't remember which).
During my session (mid-September), they said OOS would hear back mid-November and IS in December!After looking though last year's thread, it appears that most OOS decisions are issued in December and January after the IS decisions are rolled out in December. As I recall, this year's IS decisions will be released beginning on December 5 or 15 (I can't remember which).
I know this question is posed all of the time, but I am adding it once more: Vermont Campus or Connecticut Campus?
From the website and info during the interview, I've gathered that the Connecticut campus has a more urban population and is the home of the Global Health Program. Other than that, I can't see a meaningful reason to choose one over the other besides geographical preference.
My interest is in emergency medicine. I would love to be involved in global health opportunities, but I'm told I could still participate from the Vermont campus. I think I am leaning toward the Vermont campus simply for the sake of not moving twice, but if the clinical opportunities in Connecticut are notably better then that would absolutely be my first choice.
Any recommendations? Or any insider info that the school doesn't advertise?
From the website and info during the interview, I've gathered that the Connecticut campus has a more urban population and is the home of the Global Health Program. Other than that, I can't see a meaningful reason to choose one over the other besides geographical preference.
My interest is in emergency medicine. I would love to be involved in global health opportunities, but I'm told I could still participate from the Vermont campus. I think I am leaning toward the Vermont campus simply for the sake of not moving twice, but if the clinical opportunities in Connecticut are notably better then that would absolutely be my first choice.
Any recommendations? Or any insider info that the school doesn't advertise?
Honestly, I almost forgot about this. I'm gonna lean towards Burlington over Danbury tbh.I know this question is posed all of the time, but I am adding it once more: Vermont Campus or Connecticut Campus?
From the website and info during the interview, I've gathered that the Connecticut campus has a more urban population and is the home of the Global Health Program. Other than that, I can't see a meaningful reason to choose one over the other besides geographical preference.
My interest is in emergency medicine. I would love to be involved in global health opportunities, but I'm told I could still participate from the Vermont campus. I think I am leaning toward the Vermont campus simply for the sake of not moving twice, but if the clinical opportunities in Connecticut are notably better then that would absolutely be my first choice.
Any recommendations? Or any insider info that the school doesn't advertise?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this question is posed all of the time, but I am adding it once more: Vermont Campus or Connecticut Campus?
From the website and info during the interview, I've gathered that the Connecticut campus has a more urban population and is the home of the Global Health Program. Other than that, I can't see a meaningful reason to choose one over the other besides geographical preference.
My interest is in emergency medicine. I would love to be involved in global health opportunities, but I'm told I could still participate from the Vermont campus. I think I am leaning toward the Vermont campus simply for the sake of not moving twice, but if the clinical opportunities in Connecticut are notably better then that would absolutely be my first choice.
Any recommendations? Or any insider info that the school doesn't advertise?
We were told during the interview last week that emergency medicine can actually ONLY be pursued from the Vermont campus. You have to do your rotations for this particular specialty at an academic center, which only the Vermont campus is, I think.
Open to being corrected if anyone knows otherwise!
jjll
Full Member
I interviewed 8/30 and still have not heard backDuring my session (mid-September), they said OOS would hear back mid-November and IS in December!
I'm assuming late October and September dates might be lumped together for the next roundI interviewed 8/30 and still have not heard back
We were told during the interview last week that emergency medicine can actually ONLY be pursued from the Vermont campus. You have to do your rotations for this particular specialty at an academic center, which only the Vermont campus is, I think.
Unless the curriculum is changing for co2027, Emergency Medicine is a required rotation for all students and is taken at either VT and CT campus accordingly.
I know this question is posed all of the time, but I am adding it once more: Vermont Campus or Connecticut Campus?
From the website and info during the interview, I've gathered that the Connecticut campus has a more urban population and is the home of the Global Health Program. Other than that, I can't see a meaningful reason to choose one over the other besides geographical preference.
My interest is in emergency medicine. I would love to be involved in global health opportunities, but I'm told I could still participate from the Vermont campus. I think I am leaning toward the Vermont campus simply for the sake of not moving twice, but if the clinical opportunities in Connecticut are notably better then that would absolutely be my first choice.
With regards to global health, there are two chances to participate. Summer after first-year, or as a 4th year elective. For the first-year opportunity, it really does not matter which campus you are whatsoever. Logistically, the 4th year elective will be more difficult from the VT campus as the schedules are different.
There is a possibility of switching campus choices after being accepted as long as there is another student wanting to switch to your campus.
It is required for M4s, but does have to be done in VT -- you split the month between UVMMC and either CVPH in Plattsburgh or CVMC in Berlin.Unless the curriculum is changing for co2027, Emergency Medicine is a required rotation for all students and is taken at either VT and CT campus accordingly.
www.med.uvm.edu/emergencymedicine/education/larnerstudents