You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
beepboop39
Full Member
Yes I did! Yes pretty sure their class is full but they anticipate spots opening up!So the class must be full right? Anyone else get that waitlist email about no more movement until May?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iliterallyhateithere
Full Member
anyone else get an email about the MBS program? can any current students comment on it? Does this mean I wont get off the WL lol
ibioso
Full Member
+1! Wishing the best for everyone here!Just withdrew my acceptance. Hoping it goes to one of you lovelies!
Just withdrew, hope it goes to one of you guys!
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Just withdrew my application. Hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!
Still in WL limbo but if anyone going to Second Look Day needs suggestions for dining and activities in Kzoo, shoot me a message!
When is Second Look day??Still in WL limbo but if anyone going to Second Look Day needs suggestions for dining and activities in Kzoo, shoot me a message!
SnailPo
Full Member
TomorrowWhen is Second Look day??
NoLongerLurking123
New Member
Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to all 🙂
slowly_diene
Full Member
When does WL movement typically start
beepboop39
Full Member
Pretty sure it will start after their break. Next committee meeting is on the 26th.When does WL movement typically start
happy_squidward
Full Member
Just withdrew my A, its an amazing program, hope it goes to one of u lovely people
good luck!!!🙂
good luck!!!🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we expecting As today off WL if the committee meeting is today?
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
Are we expecting As today off WL if the committee meeting is today?
Yes, but likely not until Monday, as Mondays are when they've made all the calls this year.
sweatshirtblanket
Full Member
withdrew acceptance recently, good luck to anyone on waitlist or waiting!
dixiewin98
New Member
has anyone applied to or heard anything from the MBS program?
fullblownrig
Full Member
Emailed them about matching my financial aid award from another with their school and that I'd go to WMed in that case but they said that they don't take into account other schools financial aid offers 🙁 Will probably withdraw since 90k a year in loans is a tough sell
slowly_diene
Full Member
any WL movement?
pi_grl
Full Member
I think there has been a little -- I'm on the accepted student's facebook page and rn there's only 69 people total (class size is mid 80s) and there has been like 5 new additions to the group since last week. I also got an email that was sent out to accepted students last week that urged those not planning to enroll to withdraw so that WL movement can begin. They're trying 🙂any WL movement?
clefairy0000
Full Member
I just want to preface this by saying how much I really really like WMed. Their interview day was easily one of my favorites and honestly, their phone interview was also super fun and engaging. Plus, their handwritten thank-you note post-interview?? It's obvious how much they care about their students. All of this, including how transparent and communicative they are, made me really like this school. Unfortunately, despite getting a full ride, I had to make the hardest decision of my life and withdraw my acceptance. I'm still very emotional about it, but I just couldn't make it work for me (recent life events make it difficult to relocate). I wish everyone the best of luck and don't sleep on WMed, this school is fantastic!
fullblownrig
Full Member
I'm sorry that happened to you. You're definitely really smart and incredible to have gotten to this point so no doubt you'll figure things out! I also have the same sentiment towards WMed- incredible people and school! Also, if you don't mind me asking how you received a full ride to WMed. Was it something they gave you (financial, merit) or was it external scholarships? I'm pretty low income and had a low EFC but only got a little bit from Wmed which makes it tough to go there even though i want toI just want to preface this by saying how much I really really like WMed. Their interview day was easily one of my favorites and honestly, their phone interview was also super fun and engaging. Plus, their handwritten thank-you note post-interview?? It's obvious how much they care about their students. All of this, including how transparent and communicative they are, made me really like this school. Unfortunately, despite getting a full ride, I had to make the hardest decision of my life and withdraw my acceptance. I'm still very emotional about it, but I just couldn't make it work for me (recent life events make it difficult to relocate). I wish everyone the best of luck and don't sleep on WMed, this school is fantastic!
clefairy0000
Full Member
Hi! So initially I was given ~$40K per year if I'm not mistaken. However, I received an email later with the offer of the full ride. I didn't apply for it. It was a complete shock to me. For context, I grew up low income as well. I am also OOS. I am assuming that since I did not accept the full ride, that the offer might go to someone else. But I am not sureI'm sorry that happened to you. You're definitely really smart and incredible to have gotten to this point so no doubt you'll figure things out! I also have the same sentiment towards WMed- incredible people and school! Also, if you don't mind me asking how you received a full ride to WMed. Was it something they gave you (financial, merit) or was it external scholarships? I'm pretty low income and had a low EFC but only got a little bit from Wmed which makes it tough to go there even though i want to
Got A call off WL today morning!
Does anyone know if they are still sending merit scholarships? or if we were taken off the WL is there no chance for that?
valkywraith2019
Full Member
Just withdrew my A
Just received an A off the WL!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!!Just received an A off the WL!
Stats? Are you accepting?
Thank you! LM 68.5 and yes I will beCongrats!!!!
Stats? Are you accepting?
Congrats!!!Thank you! LM 68.5 and yes I will be
goodvibesandIIs
Full Member
Just got the A call off the WL as a reapplicant!!! first MD A I am so thrilled
slowly_diene
Full Member
Got the call this morning!!! So excited
beepboop39
Full Member
Just got the A call of waitlist. So shocked. Have a really hard decision to make. 😭
HopesandPrayers
New Member
Congrats though! I can imagine its gotta be tough.Just got the A call of waitlist. So shocked. Have a really hard decision to make. 😭
HopesandPrayers
New Member
Just got the A off the WL!!!! Been on the WL since November!
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
Withdrew from AL
Congrats! Did you decide??Just got the A call of waitlist. So shocked. Have a really hard decision to make. 😭
Is WL movement likely at this point?
UneducatedBlockhead
New Member
There should be! I just withdrawn acceptance and committed to another school. Hope this helps someone else out! Good luck everyone!Is WL movement likely at this point?
popegreemIII
Full Member
How long after the phone interview do they send out invitations or rejections?