2022-2023 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted an update through the portal (file upload under checklist). Do we need to do anything after selecting the file? I haven't received any confirmation and don't see a tab for document upload post-secondary submission. Any insight? Thanks.
Also submitted an update and it says "file upload successful" for me in green. No other confirmation received. Does it say that for you as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know if we'll hear today for those who interviewed in Nov? i know Carol said we'd hear by the 23rd but does that mean anywhere before the 23rd or does that mean ON the 23rd? ug

Also submitted an update and it says "file upload successful" for me in green. No other confirmation received. Does it say that for you as well?
ok it was completely blank for a bit & when i just checked it does show "file upload successful". haha just needed patience, the neuroticism is running high this time of year... thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if we'll hear today for those who interviewed in Nov? i know Carol said we'd hear by the 23rd but does that mean anywhere before the 23rd or does that mean ON the 23rd? ug
Low key I was wondering about that too. I really doubt they would have working hours on the 23rd. Atleast at my institution (very close to UMich), they have offices open until the 22nd so we may hear then.

Low key I was wondering about that too. I really doubt they would have working hours on the 23rd. Atleast at my institution (very close to UMich), they have offices open until the 22nd so we may hear then.
According to their twitter it looks like they're closing at 4pm on Dec 23rd through 8am on Jan 3rd!

Does UMich have a mcat or gpa screen/ cutoff for an auto reject

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who've submitted an update letter - did you get confirmation it was received? Should I email if I didn't get confirmation?

Pre-II R, complete in late July. Nice Christmas present from the alma mater :( Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
do ADCOMs meet once a week like other programs? does anyone have info on Michigan's process?

anyone know if they’re done w II/when the last II traditionally go out?

According to their tracker they have scheduled 409 interviews. Assuming MSAR follows somewhat exactly the tracker, last MSAR report had them giving 453 interviews, meaning they would be 90% of the way done.

+1 Pre-II R

Wondering if there’s a trend. Did anyone else who got a R just recently send an update cuz I did 😢

The last date for interviews on the Admissions website is the first week of February. I don’t think any IIs will be sent past January

Reactions: 1 users
A! What a cute acceptance :). Interviewed mid Nov

Reactions: 4 users
A!!!! Thought I bombed the interview lmao. Also interviewed early November.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
A!!! Video was adorable.... What a week!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A today!! Interviewed in mid Nov… feeling so relieved :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Btw does anyone knows where to accept the offer? Is it on the portal?

Hello all. I had a quick question for all of you who interviewed. I am a little confused on what the required "Michigan Monday Night Chat" entails, aka the meeting Monday night the week of the interview? How formal is it? Is it a zoom call? Sorry, just nervous and wanted to know what it was like, and how formal the dress was. Etc. Thanks

it's very casual, i mean don't show up in your pajamas, but no need for a suit. I wore a sweater. It's mainly so you can ask any questions you have about the zoom interview day/kind of get a vibe for the school. I thought it was actually really nice they did it bc it gave me a chance to trouble shoot any issues I had the week prior.
Thank you so so much. I was nervous about how formal vs informal it was so thank you for responding.

Pre-II R a few days ago. Complete 8/8. Good luck everyone!

Pre-ii R today. OOS UMR complete early-mid sept

To those who interviewed on 12/1 when do you think we should expect to hear back this month?