2022-2023 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So…today has to be the day we hear back right?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told emails will be sent out between 12 and 2 by the way!

Reactions: 2 users
First A of the cycle!!! A current M1 friend called me and told me. As a native michigander this is something i've been dreaming about since I was little. Many happy tears being shed:')

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Only TWO ii's went out today?? Somehow have not been rejected yet, but surely it's over now? Their last interview day is next Thursday.

Finally caught this R, congrats to everyone who has gotten in and best of luck to those still waiting to hear back!

Anyone have a timeline on a DD? I just got one

OOS ORM LM 74. interviewed 1/14.

I'm really worried. I loved this school so much and I thought I KILLED the interview...

They told us decisions around 2/20, but now am I looking at April-june for a final decision?

I just got deferred too and they said mid march in the email

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A! Interviewed 1/12 LM 70

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Also just got deferred, interviewed 1/19. Email says a decision will hopefully be made by mid-Mar. Even just waiting this long to hear back was killing me!

I was deferred in December and just heard back yesterday 2/28 of an A! So so excited and just wanted to say that there is hope!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just went from DD --> upper tier waitlist. Not super surprising considering I kind of bombed the MMI lol. They mentioned in the email that the majority of offers off of the waitlist come from this group, but MSAR states that only about 80 ppl get put on the waitlist and that "historically we have not offered positions off of our waitlist." Should I take this as a soft rejection?

Reactions: 1 user
Just went from DD --> upper tier waitlist. Not super surprising considering I kind of bombed the MMI lol. They mentioned in the email that the majority of offers off of the waitlist come from this group, but MSAR states that only about 80 ppl get put on the waitlist and that "historically we have not offered positions off of our waitlist." Should I take this as a soft rejection?
I'm trying to temper my frustration here, but I felt like I did terrific on literally all 3 legs off this interview.... Both my 1 on 1s said they hope to see me on campus, and I had personal experiences I could draw on for most of the MMI stuff.

I must have a red flag or something.... Hooray for my 4th WL of 7 IIs.... Panicking now.

• Care
I'm trying to temper my frustration here, but I felt like I did terrific on literally all 3 legs off this interview.... Both my 1 on 1s said they hope to see me on campus, and I had personal experiences I could draw on for most of the MMI stuff.

I must have a red flag or something.... Hooray for my 4th WL of 7 IIs.... Panicking now.
Same here. I’m thankful for the 1 A I have but I’ve been either waitlisted or deferred at 6 other places including Michigan. Really wish I knew what went wrong. I doubt either of us have a red flag as that would have been vetted prior to an II.

i honestly think they were buttering us up with the wish to see you here LOL. i had both of them say it too and i am a low priority waitlist! hope this can be a lesson to future applicants about not to get their hopes up! congrats everyone who already made it :) guess im staying in NY~

Asking this general question here. With a 522 mcat/3.9 gpa no gap year, I ended with 4 WLs & no As. Do I hope for anything this cycle? Feeling highly dejected

Sorry if I caused you any frustration! I understand the process does kind of suck, but you still have a shot at each of the places you're WLed at! I'm sure you'll get some good news soon!

Sorry if I caused you any frustration! I understand the process does kind of suck, but you still have a shot at each of the places you're WLed at! I'm sure you'll get some good news soon!
Oh you didn't Gerber! I'm more reflecting on my cycle. This interview - to me - felt like my best of the bunch so it's hard for me to feel positive about getting WL here. Thank you for the kindness though and good luck:)

• Care
OK this thread is prolly dead by now but does anybody know if there's truth to the idea that UMich is a cutthroat/gunnery environment (due to AOA, clerkships graded on a curve with capped Honors, extremely accelerated preclinical)? Trying to decide between here and other places known for being more "chill"
Anywhere that has grades and an honors society that factors in grades (ie AOA) will be more competitive than an equally prestigious place that does not, no matter how amazing/nice the student body is

Late to posting. Went from DD to upper tier waitlist this week. Do we have any clue how many in the upper tier? Is there a chance?

Does anyone know when scholarship/financial aid info is supposed to be sent out?

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if it’s binding/declaring matriculation to accept the scholarship?

Got a scholarship. Not sure if it's merit or not

Did anyone’s scholarship include cost of living or just tuition?