2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know how many people are in the accepted FB group? or what the anticipated WL movement will be like in the next couple of months?
Not sure about the FB but there are 122 in the GroupMe

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email saying we’ll be waiting until at least late April, committee won’t be reconvening until April 24th

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have any idea how many folks are on the WL?
if they interviewed around 450 like they usually do and 120 in the groupme, i wouldn't be surprised if there were still a couple hundred of us on the waitlist. not sure if anyone has been rejected post ii yet

Based on last couple years threads, there seems to be a lot of movement, don’t lose hope yet!

I was rejected from WMed, but i just got an email this morning inviting me to apply to their MBS program (masters in biomedical sciences) which is one year and includes a conditional acceptance to WMed medical school upon completion of the program. I actually just graduated from a similar type of master’s program this year, so I’m a little confused in getting this email. I wanted to see if others got this email and it was just a mass generated email sent to everyone rejected or if it was sent to certain people they thought would fit the program. If it’s the latter, I want to email them and make sure they were able to see that I already did this masters basically!! The only reason I’m sus about it is because earlier this cycle, RUSH actually rejected me before giving me their secondary, and I decided to email because I was pretty confused as why I wouldn’t at least get a secondary, and they replied that they “didn’t see my master’s before” and they were sorry and subsequently sent me the secondary.

withdrew from WL. I really liked this program so good luck to everyone on here!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I was rejected from WMed, but i just got an email this morning inviting me to apply to their MBS program (masters in biomedical sciences) which is one year and includes a conditional acceptance to WMed medical school upon completion of the program. I actually just graduated from a similar type of master’s program this year, so I’m a little confused in getting this email. I wanted to see if others got this email and it was just a mass generated email sent to everyone rejected or if it was sent to certain people they thought would fit the program. If it’s the latter, I want to email them and make sure they were able to see that I already did this masters basically!! The only reason I’m sus about it is because earlier this cycle, RUSH actually rejected me before giving me their secondary, and I decided to email because I was pretty confused as why I wouldn’t at least get a secondary, and they replied that they “didn’t see my master’s before” and they were sorry and subsequently sent me the secondary.
Got that email too!

I also got this email

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A from here today. Hoping it goes to one of you and good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my A with $3,000 scholarship, hope it can make one of y’all’s days!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do we think WL people can expect to hear anything April 24th?

I have withdrawn my A. Good luck to those on the waitlist!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my A, hope someone here gets my scholarship and acceptance :)

Appreciate that! Do you know based on second look and/or the accepted students GC what the overall sentiment is? Just curious if we can expect a little of a lot of movement

Appreciate that! Do you know based on second look and/or the accepted students GC what the overall sentiment is? Just curious if we can expect a little of a lot of movement
I only really asked one person at Second Look about their med school choice, and they said they were definitely going to attend WMed. As far as the GC, there isn't a lot of talking on there but there is a lot of movement in terms of people leaving and joining the group. It could be that people are being accepted off the WL, or it could be that they just didn't know about the GC and are just now joining... so really hard to say. Sorry! Wish I could offer more insight on this

I only really asked one person at Second Look about their med school choice, and they said they were definitely going to attend WMed. As far as the GC, there isn't a lot of talking on there but there is a lot of movement in terms of people leaving and joining the group. It could be that people are being accepted off the WL, or it could be that they just didn't know about the GC and are just now joining... so really hard to say. Sorry! Wish I could offer more insight on this

No worries! Appreciate the response!

The majority of the people I talked to during second look sounded like they were going to end up at a different medical school, mainly due to the high cost of attendance at WMed. For what its worth, I really enjoyed my second look and the campus and staff were the nicest of any medical school I've visited, but the cost of attendance got to me too.

The majority of the people I talked to during second look sounded like they were going to end up at a different medical school, mainly due to the high cost of attendance at WMed. For what its worth, I really enjoyed my second look and the campus and staff were the nicest of any medical school I've visited, but the cost of attendance got to me too.

That’s fair man, thanks for the insight, happy to hear the campus is beautiful!