You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected pre-phone interview. Was placed on the waitlist last cycle and this really bummed me out.
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Rejected pre-phone interview. Was placed on the waitlist last cycle and this really bummed me out.
when did they email you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Pre-II R
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
Just canceled my interview and withdrew my application here, seems like a great school with a wonderful culture. Good luck to you all.
Post phone II, but pre-II R today
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Post phone II, but pre-II R today
when was ur phone ii
when was ur phone ii
First week of October
Sameanyone else ghosted after their phone interview? had mine early september
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Same
crazy theyve been stringing us along this entire time. id expect an R by now.
Declined my II. I hope it goes to one of you deserving applicants!
cheetah115
Full Member
OOS II! Phone interview late September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
+1OOS II! Phone interview late September
Nice! When will they even get to the January Phone interviews ?!?!?😕OOS II! Phone interview late September
I had phone interview in Jan and got virtual II already. Couple others as well.Nice! When will they even get to the January Phone interviews ?!?!?😕
So there is still hope! Thanks!I had phone interview in Jan and got virtual II already. Couple others as well.
Any news? Nothing here after phone interviewcrazy theyve been stringing us along this entire time. id expect an R by now.
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Any news? Nothing here after phone interview
nada
futuredochow
Full Member
Is the admissions committee meeting this week?
I had my phone interview in early January and I received an II in late January, so they are definitely getting around to the January ones too!Nice! When will they even get to the January Phone interviews ?!?!?😕
🤞🤞🤞I had my phone interview in early January and I received an II in late January, so they are definitely getting around to the January ones too!
zerobaseonetrash
Full Member
it was p chill, interview was open file, day was condensed and efficient which was niceCan folks who’ve virtually interviewed here already share their review/thoughts on the process? Interviewing this week!
Virtual II just now, interviewed in January.
cookiemonster1627
New Member
does anyone know when the next decision day is... I'm on the WL 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
Loved this schools interview day...should be a gold standard for some of these other schools to look at.
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
They told us to expect decisions the week of Feb 19th so I assume that's their next one!does anyone know when the next decision day is... I'm on the WL 🙁
cheetah115
Full Member
I thought they had said that we should expect to hear in three weeks. I'm not sure that they'll finish reviewing for us by Feb 19th cause it's pretty close
They told us to expect decisions the week of Feb 19th so I assume that's their next one!
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
I could have sworn they said that they said decisions come out within 3 weeks, and that we'd be included in the meeting that takes place on the week of the 19th (not exactly the 19th). So It's going to be about 2 weeks from now most likely. Either way not a very long wait if its 2 or 3.I thought they had said that we should expect to hear in three weeks. I'm not sure that they'll finish reviewing for us by Feb 19th cause it's pretty close
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
OOS II today!
when did you phone interview
Matroda
Full Member
when did you phone interview
Week of 1/15
lemonsnake
Full Member
The hand written thank you note from the school was such a nice touch!
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Do we think they are done sending IIs?
just got one this week! i had my phone interview in early september.
They said Wed, Thurs, or Friday during my interview last week.Interviewed on 2/9, we were told we’d hear back this week so praying it’s earlier in the week [emoji1696]
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
I wanted to send a letter of intent now that it's become my top choice...is that stupid to send one when I should be getting my decision at the end of the week? Do you think they've already made decisions and are just sending out during those times?They said Wed, Thurs, or Friday during my interview last week.
I would wait until after you get a decision. A letter of intent isn’t going to save u from an R, but if u get waitlisted, it can help you then!I wanted to send a letter of intent now that it's become my top choice...is that stupid to send one when I should be getting my decision at the end of the week? Do you think they've already made decisions and are just sending out during those times?
I mean just practically speaking, they probably already have made decisions unless you interviewed in the past couple weeks. Probably better to use if waitlisted considering theres likely a decent amount of movement.I wanted to send a letter of intent now that it's become my top choice...is that stupid to send one when I should be getting my decision at the end of the week? Do you think they've already made decisions and are just sending out during those times?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
I mean just practically speaking, they probably already have made decisions unless you interviewed in the past couple weeks. Probably better to use if waitlisted considering theres likely a decent amount of movement.
I figured! Thank you both.I would wait until after you get a decision. A letter of intent isn’t going to save u from an R, but if u get waitlisted, it can help you then!
druidcookie
Full Member
OOS II just now! Phone interview on 9/22. LM 69 😎
futuredochow
Full Member
Anyone taken off the waitlist today?