2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete 1/16 and just got the under review email today, 2/27. Although I think everyone gets the under review email, I was excited to hear something in the silence. Good luck to everyone else still waiting for an II or for a response post-interview!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I have a feeling and i could be wrong but its possible they will have a huge waitlist movement? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a feeling and i could be wrong but its possible they will have a huge waitlist movement? Thoughts?
I really don't think so.
They have a very small class size and most of the current applicants are down to few other options by this date.
I think most who are offered admission will accept.

Reactions: 1 users
I really don't think so.
They have a very small class size and most of the current applicants are down to few other options by this date.
I think most who are offered admission will accept.
I agree but I hope you’re wrong

Reactions: 1 user
I agree but I hope you’re wrong
The fact that they are putting almost everyone on "WL status" right now instead of offering Acceptances, I think is them trying to meet their whole pool of interviewees before making decisions.
This is different than being WL'd AFTER they have selected their class.

So, although some of you who are waiting right now will get in, the WL after their class roster is full probably won't change much

Only 3 reported acceptances here so far. I'd probably be getting worried when at least 15-20 SDN users have gotten accepted. They are clearly trying to meet as many of their applicants as possible before handing out acceptances, which makes sense. Don't wanna waste a bunch of A's on people who won't attend. That being said, they do have a deadline to send out AT LEAST 50 acceptances (March 14th?). Until then, us WL'ers get to sit tight.

The fact that they are putting almost everyone on "WL status" right now instead of offering Acceptances, I think is them trying to meet their whole pool of interviewees before making decisions.
This is different than being WL'd AFTER they have selected their class.

So, although some of you who are waiting right now will get in, the WL after their class roster is full probably won't change much
Oh this is reassuring!! In addition, I feel like they’re going to make a lot more decisions quicker until March 15 when they need to select the full class

Only 3 reported acceptances here so far. I'd probably be getting worried when at least 15-20 SDN users have gotten accepted. They are clearly trying to meet as many of their applicants as possible before handing out acceptances, which makes sense. Don't wanna waste a bunch of A's on people who won't attend. That being said, they do have a deadline to send out AT LEAST 50 acceptances (March 14th?). Until then, us WL'ers get to sit tight.
what does it mean about wasting an A? Does a school lose anything if they send an A and someone doesn’t go? I’m sure they have a lot of people waiting in any scenario!

Oh this is reassuring!! In addition, I feel like they’re going to make a lot more decisions quicker until March 15 when they need to select the full class
Do we think they will continue to send out more II?

what does it mean about wasting an A? Does a school lose anything if they send an A and someone doesn’t go? I’m sure they have a lot of people waiting in any scenario!
I thought they will accept more than 50 for sure bc if inaugural class is only 50, then maybe they will accept 70? Surely they dont want less than 50 in attendance

I thought they will accept more than 50 for sure bc if inaugural class is only 50, then maybe they will accept 70? Surely they dont want less than 50 in attendance
Yes, they will accept more than 50 for sure. I agree, close to 70 because, like Wysdoc said, those who are getting II and A's here are likely to keep based on the fact that the school opened later in the cycle and those will less successful cycles (at the time the application opened) applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I feel the next wave is coming soon, in 2 weeks! There were only three reported acceptances here, but I'm guessing there have been 10 acceptances so far. March 5th and March 12th will be two important days for us!

Yes, I feel the next wave is coming soon, in 2 weeks! There were only three reported acceptances here, but I'm guessing there have been 10 acceptances so far. March 5th and March 12th will be two important days for us!
I appreciate how communicative they are but the over 2 week under review period is giving me stress

I think the greater than 50 acceptances means that when someone says they won’t attend and Belmont sent 50 acceptances already, they’ll send someone on the WL an acceptance. But once they send 50 acceptances, they wont accept people over that until people start saying they won’t attend.

Reactions: 3 users
What’s on march 5th and 12th?

I’m guessing when a lot of updates will be out since they typically are coming out on Tuesdays?
so we prob won't be hearing about possible iis til next tuesday? or is this for post ii decisions

so we prob won't be hearing about possible iis til next tuesday? or is this for post ii decisions
I feel like IIs have been a lot more sporadic but decisions are usually Monday-Tuesday it seems

We should start a Belmont waitlisted GroupMe for all of us.

• Love
  • Care

Join here if you’d like to wait together :)

After 3 months I finally got a rejection.

• Care
interviewed 2/16, post-ii rejection today. good luck to everyone waiting for an interview and on the WL!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Is there a groupme yet for those that got accepted ? i can make one if not...

Got under review for interview today, complete early feb

got the under review in mid December and haven't heard anything from them :/

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Hoping this leap year brings us some good news :D

I don't even have an acceptance yet either and I want to write an LOR for ClashRoyaleKing LOL.
So much positivity and camaraderie from you throughout this cycle. Seems like you are the type of student everyone would love to have as a classmate. We just need to get accepted first!
+1