2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Application complete email received!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Application complete email received this morning, secondary submitted 11/26

Application completed around 10:30 am today, secondary submitted 11/26 evening.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if applying to this school is considered "risky" or not? I am considering applying since I like the Nashville area but dont want a whole Cal Northstate situation to happen... hoping someone can give some insight. TYIA!
Accepting an offer from Belmont will most definitely be riskier than accepting one from an accredited institution in good standing, but everything is relative. I am sure that Belmont will try and throw the proverbial kitchen sink at their first few classes to try and succeed. That's just an opinion, but it's one made with the knowledge that Belmont took on a substantial amount of debt to make this program happen. If the program were to fail, the financial consequences would be severe, and so I suspect they will do everything in their power to avoid that occurring. There are no guarantees of anything, but I am personally optimistic. They also already have at least one existing strong graduate program (their law school I believe is among the best in the nation for Bar exam pass rate), so hopefully that is a positive sign.

Just my opinion, but I hope it helps in some manner!

Does anyone else smell some IIs? Where they at Belmont...I need my Christmas present

Does anyone else smell some IIs? Where they at Belmont...I need my Christmas present
I think in the application complete email they said they hoped to start responding within three weeks. Hopefully before the holidays we start hearing something!

I think in the application complete email they said they hoped to start responding within three weeks. Hopefully before the holidays we start hearing something!
That is trueeee. Man, when it comes to apps, 3 weeks is fast. Hackensack still got your boi waiting for a complete email after like a month. C'est la vie

That is trueeee. Man, when it comes to apps, 3 weeks is fast. Hackensack still got your boi waiting for a complete email after like a month. C'est la vie
I'm in the same boat for Hackensack :rofl: I think a fair few people are. The wait is absolutely killing me. Let's hope the good news comes fast for all of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Belmont has been added to MSAR. They've listed on there that they anticipate sending out the first wave of II's on December 15th. Time to hunker down and wait.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Belmont has been added to MSAR. They've listed on there that they anticipate sending out the first wave of II's on December 15th. Time to hunker down and wait.
Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know how many people applied in the 2018-2019 year for TCU Burnett? I feel like that cycle was similar to this one in that they got prelim accreditation in November. I know it's not going to be the exact same as Belmont, but it can kind of give a good representation of what this cycle might be like for us. As usual, manifesting lots of A's for us!

Reactions: 1 user
Today I received my application is complete email after submitting my secondary. Praying for an interview.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Primary sent 11/19
Secondary 11/20
Complete Email 11/21

Hoping for interviews not getting any luck elsewhere

The complete email says "your application is now complete and is under review" Is this what you're referring to?

oh is there two emails? I didn't realize; one for app complete and one for when your app is under review?

I would also like to know this? Do they send another email after the email confirming your appointment is complete?

I got a second email.
Thank you all for responding so quickly :) I appreciate that, I'll hang tight and keep a look out then. Unfortunately, my AMCAS is connected to my old school email, so I tend not to always see emails.

TYY for the update!!! I will wait as well as my complete email was on 11/26!

I thought secondaries were not going to be sent until February. Submitted primary 11/8, no secondary invite

I thought secondaries were not going to be sent until February. Submitted primary 11/8, no secondary invite
Oh no! I believe the secondary threshold is having above a 3.0 and 497. In addition, I think you must be a US Citizen or Permanent US Resident, but I don't know if that is as imperative as the 3.0/497 at least for the secondaries! Manifesting you get secondaries soon though!

Feb is the cutoff for the primary and March 15 is the cutoff for the secondary, but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, according to MSAR they’re going to start sending interview invites on Dec 15 with interviews starting early/mid Jan

Oh no! I believe the secondary threshold is having above a 3.0 and 497. In addition, I think you must be a US Citizen or Permanent US Resident, but I don't know if that is as imperative as the 3.0/497 at least for the secondaries! Manifesting you get secondaries soon though!

I meet these requirements. I'm not even sure if it's appropriate to reach out to ask what's up

Dec 15th, you beauty of a day. I'm itching for an II from Frist

scratching los angeles zoo GIF by Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens

^Live footage of me from now til Dec 15

On a side note, my sarcasm feels like it's getting drier. Big sigh on that one

just a random question, but how many students do you think applied to Belmont given that it’s a newer school and the app cycle is later than most. My guess is 500-800

just a random question, but how many students do you think applied to Belmont given that it’s a newer school and the app cycle is later than most. My guess is 500-800
who knows? The year UT Tyler (First entering class began school in 2023) opened they had 2039 applicants for a class size of 40.

Dec 15th, you beauty of a day. I'm itching for an II from Frist

scratching los angeles zoo GIF by Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens

^Live footage of me from now til Dec 15

On a side note, my sarcasm feels like it's getting drier. Big sigh on that one
manifesting for all of us to get II and A's!

I would guess around a thousand?? This is mainly because if UT Tyler had 2,000+ it could be because they opened the cycle early in May, but I don't know about Texas schools so maybe 2,000 applicants is normal for them?

I would guess around a thousand?? This is mainly because if UT Tyler had 2,000+ it could be because they opened the cycle early in May, but I don't know about Texas schools so maybe 2,000 applicants is normal for them?
UT Tyler started taking apps in July, and the total number of TMDSAS applicants that year was close to 6500.
The school was looking for clear geographical ties so not all Texans applied but about 1/3 of them did

UT Tyler started taking apps in July, and the total number of TMDSAS applicants that year was close to 6500.
The school was looking for clear geographical ties so not all Texans applied but about 1/3 of them did
Gotcha! I think if anyone wants a clear picture on how many may apply to Frist, you should refer to TCU 2018-2019 total number of applicants, if that information is obtainable anymore as it's from 5 years ago.

who knows? The year UT Tyler (First entering class began school in 2023) opened they had 2039 applicants for a class size of 40.

My initial guess was somewhere between 800-1500 applications will go in for their first cycle. A) because they started their cycle at a time when both MD and DO schools were well into the territory of giving out A‘s. B) It‘s a school affiliated with HCA, so there might be some worry from potential applicants that this school could inherit some of the bad practices of HCA. C) All the rotation sites will likely be HCA facilities, which, given the choice, I‘m sure more students would not prefer to rotate at if they had the opportunity to rotate elsewhere.

Is the HCA that bad lol every time is see HCA it’s followed by negative comments

I mean they do provide healthcare, so it is a place you can learn from practicing physicians at. The issue is that they are not typically patient oriented locations, they‘re focused on maximizing profits. I get it, they‘re a for profit business, but typically this means that physicians are encouraged to order things a bit differently than you might see at an academic non-profit medical center. Physicians might also be forced to take on higher patient loads, which leads to potentially rushed decision making with regard to patient care because there are quotas to meet. Nursing staff is also typically worked to the bone with very unsafe patient ratios. So while you will gain an education from learning at these places, it will be like a slightly warped education from what you might experience at a place that is academic or at least non-profit. This is at least my understanding. I did my hospital volunteering at a hospital that had been recently acquired by HCA at the time, and while I had no idea what HCA was, I vividly remember all of the nursing staff frequently commenting on how horrible the new management was. I also remember some of the physicians complaining. I spent about 100 hours volunteering at this 400 bed hospital, so I was surprised at how often I heard complaints about this mysterious HCA. Then, as I got more into the pre-med journey I kept hearing complaints of HCA from medical students, staff, residents, etc. I just think they aren’t as motivated by truly caring for the patient like other places can be, and if leads to malignant practices.

I mean they do provide healthcare, so it is a place you can learn from practicing physicians at. The issue is that they are not typically patient oriented locations, they‘re focused on maximizing profits. I get it, they‘re a for profit business, but typically this means that physicians are encouraged to order things a bit differently than you might see at an academic non-profit medical center. Physicians might also be forced to take on higher patient loads, which leads to potentially rushed decision making with regard to patient care because there are quotas to meet. Nursing staff is also typically worked to the bone with very unsafe patient ratios. So while you will gain an education from learning at these places, it will be like a slightly warped education from what you might experience at a place that is academic or at least non-profit. This is at least my understanding. I did my hospital volunteering at a hospital that had been recently acquired by HCA at the time, and while I had no idea what HCA was, I vividly remember all of the nursing staff frequently commenting on how horrible the new management was. I also remember some of the physicians complaining. I spent about 100 hours volunteering at this 400 bed hospital, so I was surprised at how often I heard complaints about this mysterious HCA. Then, as I got more into the pre-med journey I kept hearing complaints of HCA from medical students, staff, residents, etc. I just think they aren’t as motivated by truly caring for the patient like other places can be, and if leads to malignant practices.

However, this does not mean I‘m opposed to attending/applying to Belmont I truly think it will end up providing a pretty decent education and I would love to attend if it’s my only MD A

Did anyone else get a second email about being considered for the interview?

• Wow
I‘m betting there will be a strong correlation between who received the second email and who gets invited to interview first.

• Wow