-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
eatyourapples
Full Member
Does anyone know the stats on Stanford's waitlist?
Did you get a call about being WL?Does anyone know the stats on Stanford's waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eatyourapples
Full Member
No, I was just wondering lolDid you get a call about being WL?
always_hungry
Full Member
has anyone accepted interviewed in november or later (and if not, when does stanford usually send acceptances from that batch)
This thread is like a movie rn
Its 5pm PST, probably done for the day. Fingers crossed they aren't done with Sept/Oct though... I was interviewed on their first interview day and haven't gotten a call (Stanford please 😭)Congrats! Do you think that means all calls and emails are likely finished for the day and possibly for Sept/Oct interviewees?
Official acceptance email received. What a wild ride. Finally secured my first A!
Huge, congrats!!
BreadMan
Full Member
i hope im wrong but historically it seems that they send the sept - oct As today and then waitlist everyone from those interviews who doesn’t hear today in a week or so
Any validity to this?
Wow congrats! Just now or yesterday?+1 A
Blown away
Got the A call yesterday!!! LM69. Chase your dreams. Shocked that Stanford of all places didnt mind that I am a white male football player with 0 research
God damn man I’m seeing you all over the forums getting As back to back this week - congrats manGot the A call yesterday!!! LM69. Chase your dreams. Shocked that Stanford of all places didnt mind that I am a white male football player with 0 research
Thanks bro -- best of luck to youGod damn man I’m seeing you all over the forums getting As back to back this week - congrats man
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesterday!Wow congrats! Just now or yesterday?
Be your authentic selfHey everyone! Congrats on all of your acceptances! I'm interviewing on Feb 23, any advice??!!!? Thank you!!!!
I looked at last year's thread and it looks like there were a couple A waves before the post-II WL's went out at the end of January. Do we think the same will happen this year?
WL just now, interviewed 9/27
Post-II WL just now, interviewed on 9/27
+1Post-II WL just now, interviewed on 9/27
oreooreo08
New Member
any october interviewers get a WL email?
luckycharms!
Full Member
not yet but im sure it’s their next email batchany october interviewers get a WL email?
myaccount123
Full Member
also WL from september interview 😢 oh well
Can confirm Dr. Gibbs left the position back around thanksgiving…I shadowed an MD at Stanford and he let me know this past week. Wishing her the best on her next position!This means nothing for us, but I just noticed that Dr. Gibbs is no longer listed as the dean of admissions in the interview tab. Instead, there are two new interim deans.
TrickyGuava
Full Member
October interviewee, just received the WL emailany october interviewers get a WL email?
eatyourapples
Full Member
this is a general question for the medical school app process in general, but can schools see that you "accepted" an offer from another school? Like if a school that you got accepted to gives you a two week period to make a decision and you say "plan to attend" in their portal just as a safety net in case you don't get in anywhere else, can other schools see that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Search that in the general AMCAS questions thread for detail.this is a general question for the medical school app process in general, but can schools see that you "accepted" an offer from another school? Like if a school that you got accepted to gives you a two week period to make a decision and you say "plan to attend" in their portal just as a safety net in case you don't get in anywhere else, can other schools see that?
The short answer is “not now, but in April yes “
Meet the deadline for your school offer
eatyourapples
Full Member
Thank you! Im so confused by the whole choose your med school process but will try to look into it moreSearch that in the general AMCAS questions thread for detail.
The short answer is “not now, but in April yes “
Meet the deadline for your school offer
luckycharms!
Full Member
WL from Oct interview
BreadMan
Full Member
WL from Oct interview
+1
NotReal234
Full Member
Getting off the waitlist here is pretty rare right?
Yea, there isn't that much movement and pretty much everyone gets waitlistedGetting off the waitlist here is pretty rare right?
MedMaxFuryRoad
Full Member
did anyone who got waitlisted still have their update button?
Idkwhattocallit
Full Member
Ah I’m so sorry. Can I ask when you interviewed in November?November interview -- WL email just now. GG Gents
Oh wow, that is an early turnover time. I interviewed in early Dec and I still have my post-II update buttonI interviewed in early Jan!
Bruh I still remember you stressing about having 1 top 20 II and look at you now. Congrats homieI interviewed in early Jan!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
does anyone know if you can apply to KH as a M1 if you didn’t apply this year?
To my knowledge, not for a program you are currently in (i.e. MD). However, if you decide to add a dual degree at Stanford, you can apply for KHS for that program. Their website has a thorough FAQ on eligibility, so I'd check there to be sure!does anyone know if you can apply to KH as a M1 if you didn’t apply this year?
Did anyone who got WL in the last wave also have/still has their update button?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eatyourapples
Full Member
I don't have the update button anymore.Would also like to know!
premed120800
New Member
Same 🙁 assuming it means rejection but trying to hold out hopeAnybody with a super early interview date still heard nothing at all? Any thoughts on this?
myaccount123
Full Member
no i wouldn't think so! I bet you're both still in consideration for the next A waveSame 🙁 assuming it means rejection but trying to hold out hope
premed120800
New Member
ah ok thank you i will choose to believe you instead of my cynical self 🤣 does anyone happen to know when we can expect another A wave?no i wouldn't think so! I bet you're both still in consideration for the next A wave