Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes, I agree, however, I did not get that email yet 🙁 so still waiting!I‘m betting there will be a strong correlation between who received the second email and who gets invited to interview first.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yes, I agree, however, I did not get that email yet 🙁 so still waiting!I‘m betting there will be a strong correlation between who received the second email and who gets invited to interview first.
yes, I agree, however, I did not get that email yet 🙁 so still waiting!
manifesting for us!!Neither did I haha, which is unfortunate as I drive past the new building on my way to work and was hoping for an excuse to visit it because it looks awesome.
also, unrelated but what's nashville like? i've never been there but it looks amazing from what i've seen in pictures lollNeither did I haha, which is unfortunate as I drive past the new building on my way to work and was hoping for an excuse to visit it because it looks awesome.
Nashville has four major interstates that run through it making for one of the worst possible cities to drive in. Rent is insanely expensive we’re talking mid 2000’s per month for a one bedroom apt; there is tons of new development. Chock full of people from out of state; mainly Californians moving in to develop properties. Not very walkable at all, no public transport. There are some nice areas to explore if you can park your car; east side is hipstery, lots of cool art. west end is old money. Downtown is a cluster of tourist attractions crammed in between dive bars with loud monster trucks carting around drunken bachelorettes in pink plastic cowboy hats. You’ll quickly learn what “pedal taverns” are… South side is the melting pot; best food is there. There’s a new mall called “5th and broad” that’s cool if you like that stuff. Grand ‘ol Opry is a cool music venue. Opry hotel has a cool ice exhibit every year. Nashville has some good restaurants and a lot of crappy overpriced ones. There’s a good bar scene if you like bar hopping. Lots of good local beer and coffee.also, unrelated but what's nashville like? i've never been there but it looks amazing from what i've seen in pictures loll
Nashville has four major interstates that run through it making for one of the worst possible cities to drive in. Rent is insanely expensive we’re talking mid 2000’s per month for a one bedroom apt; there is tons of new development. Chock full of people from out of state; mainly Californians moving in to develop properties. Not very walkable at all, no public transport. There are some nice areas to explore if you can park your car; east side is hipstery, lots of cool art. west end is old money. Downtown is a cluster of tourist attractions crammed in between dive bars with loud monster trucks carting around drunken bachelorettes in pink plastic cowboy hats. You’ll quickly learn what “pedal taverns” are… South side is the melting pot; best food is there. There’s a new mall called “5th and broad” that’s cool if you like that stuff. Grand ‘ol Opry is a cool music venue. Opry hotel has a cool ice exhibit every year. Nashville has some good restaurants and a lot of crappy overpriced ones. There’s a good bar scene if you like bar hopping. Lots of good local beer and coffee.
The symphony is nice. There’s obviously great music venues where everyone and their brother plays. NFL (Titans) team sucks. Preds (hockey) games are fun. Nashville is pretty much your standard big city.
Radnor Lake and Narrows of the Harpeth are good for hiking. There’s some great indoor climbing gyms; nashville isnt too far from some great state parks and sport climbing areas if you like that.
It’s where HCA was born, that’s why it’s called “the healthcare capital of America.” I like to call Nashville the “New York of the south.”
I hate big cities if you can’t tell. Nashville is insanely expensive to live in, most locals are being pushed out. Housing is absolutely horrendous; borderline criminal and definitely predatory. Not sure how political you are but on a scale of Texas to New York Nashville is like the Atlanta of Tennessee.
If you like big cities, you’ll probably like Nashville. It really is music city, so if you move here; definitely check out all the local music and support local artists. That’s all I can think of right now.
wow thank you!Nashville has four major interstates that run through it making for one of the worst possible cities to drive in. Rent is insanely expensive we’re talking mid 2000’s per month for a one bedroom apt; there is tons of new development. Chock full of people from out of state; mainly Californians moving in to develop properties. Not very walkable at all, no public transport. There are some nice areas to explore if you can park your car; east side is hipstery, lots of cool art. west end is old money. Downtown is a cluster of tourist attractions crammed in between dive bars with loud monster trucks carting around drunken bachelorettes in pink plastic cowboy hats. You’ll quickly learn what “pedal taverns” are… South side is the melting pot; best food is there. There’s a new mall called “5th and broad” that’s cool if you like that stuff. Grand ‘ol Opry is a cool music venue. Opry hotel has a cool ice exhibit every year. Nashville has some good restaurants and a lot of crappy overpriced ones. There’s a good bar scene if you like bar hopping. Lots of good local beer and coffee.
The symphony is nice. There’s obviously great music venues where everyone and their brother plays. NFL (Titans) team sucks. Preds (hockey) games are fun. Nashville is pretty much your standard big city.
Radnor Lake and Narrows of the Harpeth are good for hiking. There’s some great indoor climbing gyms; nashville isnt too far from some great state parks and sport climbing areas if you like that.
It’s where HCA was born, that’s why it’s called “the healthcare capital of America.” I like to call Nashville the “New York of the south.”
I hate big cities if you can’t tell. Nashville is insanely expensive to live in, most locals are being pushed out. Housing is absolutely horrendous; borderline criminal and definitely predatory. Not sure how political you are but on a scale of Texas to New York Nashville is like the Atlanta of Tennessee.
If you like big cities, you’ll probably like Nashville. It really is music city, so if you move here; definitely check out all the local music and support local artists. That’s all I can think of right now.
also for the second email from frist, is that just an n=1 scenario at least here, so far? i'm surprised no one else has heard anything yet except for one person, but i could be vastly mistaken!
yeah! I see that you were complete 11/20! I guess I'll wait and see if I'm lucky lol.I got a second email too saying my app was being reviewed for an interview, if that’s what you’re referring to
11/26 complete gang, I hope you get that under review email soon!yeah! I see that you were complete 11/20! I guess I'll wait and see if I'm lucky lol.
THANK YOU AND YOU TOOOOO!!!!!11/26 complete gang, I hope you get that under review email soon!
I think they got theirs on Dec. 6!I also got the complete email on the 20th, when did you guys get the 2nd under review email?
Yay nice! When did you get your app complete email?Just got the email for interview consideration!
manifesting our email is soon!Yay nice! When did you get your app complete email?
also, i think they prob turned it in around 11/20 because they had the first secondaries hereYay nice! When did you get your app complete email?
Nice! What are your stats?Just got the email for interview consideration!
11/19Yay nice! When did you get your app complete email?
So far, I think it's just the people that were complete 11/20 and around thatAlso got the interview consideration. Pretty sure everyone is getting this though.
haha yeah! i got my secondary on 11/20, but I submitted my primary 11/19 as my mind and heart was set here, hopefully all of us here get in hahahI doubt it’ll affect your chances very much since you’re probably still within the first batch to submit your secondary. Plus, some people had completed their secondary by 11/20 when I didn’t even get mine until later that day despite submitting my primary on the day apps opened, so they must understand that some factors are out of your control, right?
If it makes you feel any better, I got the complete email 11/21 and I haven't received the email loli wonder if my chances are affected as i got the complete email 11/26. also, does anyone know if they consider you by the date you submitted or the complete date. I submitted thanksgiving day (11/23) and was complete 11/26
manifesting that email, an ii, and an A for you!!If it makes you feel any better, I got the complete email 11/21 and I haven't received the email lol
+1 I hope that means it's just taking them a bit to go through the apps. We've got this!Same, complete 11/20 and nada
Application under review for interview email this morning! Good luck everyone!!!
I was complete on 11/20.Do you mind me asking when you were complete
aw man! it's alright tho, i pray that you get in somewhere!Pre-Secondary R, good luck everyone
Sorry to hear that. Did you meet the gpa and mcat requirement?Pre-Secondary R, good luck everyone
On an unrelated note, how are all of your cycle's going otherwise?
I've been applying for clinical jobs and lightly doing MCAT prep!!
0 II so far
Also in the 0 II boat. I'm keeping myself busy doing research, which has helped keep me sane through this process.On an unrelated note, how are all of your cycle's going otherwise?
I've been applying for clinical jobs and lightly doing MCAT prep!!
0 II so far
It's titled "Frist College of Medicine Application Update" if that helps! And yes, this came separately from the complete email. It has a short blurb that states that your application has been moved for interview invite consideration.So y'all got an extra email about something to do with interview consideration AFTER the complete email? What's the interview consideration email titled?
I took a look at the complete email and it writes at the end: "You can expect to hear from us via email when the review has been completed and your application moves into review for a virtual interview." So unsure if this interview consideration email means your app has been reviewed once & will be reviewed again for interview consideration??
Weird, I haven't got it but I did get my complete email on 11/20It's titled "Frist College of Medicine Application Update" if that helps! And yes, this came separately from the complete email. It has a short blurb that states that your application has been moved for interview invite consideration.
homie, you got some sanity to spare?Also in the 0 II boat. I'm keeping myself busy doing research, which has helped keep me sane through this process.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.