You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1174838
Lowkey was thinking this too^^ MSAR says they’re estimating interviewing ~200 and I have this irrational fear that they sent nearly half of them out in the first wave lol
Where does it say 200? I couldn't find it on MSAR.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Justchallenge4
Full Member
Yeah I also couldn’t find itWhere does it say 200? I couldn't find it on MSAR.
There’s no history for this new school yet, it’s all a work in progress guys.Where does it say 200? I couldn't find it on MSAR.
Enjoy your holidays & check your emails next week
hoping it will!! good luck to you!!!complete 11/30 we are in the same boat, hoping our time will come!!
D
deleted1174838
Under selection factors: “Interviews will begin in mid-January 2024 and we anticipate interviewing 200+ candidates.”
thebiglightt
Full Member
Got under review email 12/19, no II. Is that a RIP?
Not at all, they only released 1 batch as far as I know
Has anyone written an update letter to them prior to an interview invite? In between submitting AMCAS and applying to FCoM, I got a new clinical job down the street from FCoM that has been a huge experience for me, but since I can‘t add any activities to AMCAS, FCoM has no idea that I have something potentially important for my application to include. This job adds a pretty meaningful activity to my app, but I don’t want to misstep by sending an update letter too soon. Anyone done something similar or have any advice for me?
YES I sent an update letter/letter of interest on Friday 12/15, received II on Friday 12/22. Strongly believe the letter put me in the first wave.Has anyone written an update letter to them prior to an interview invite? In between submitting AMCAS and applying to FCoM, I got a new clinical job down the street from FCoM that has been a huge experience for me, but since I can‘t add any activities to AMCAS, FCoM has no idea that I have something potentially important for my application to include. This job adds a pretty meaningful activity to my app, but I don’t want to misstep by sending an update letter too soon. Anyone done something similar or have any advice for me?
Did you email it?YES I sent an update letter/letter of interest on Friday 12/15, received II on Friday 12/22. Strongly believe the letter put me in the first wave.
Yes, [email protected]Did you email it?
Few people told me they sent interest letters and recieved a II for first wave. I did not and didn’t get an II. I sent an Interest letter a few days ago but they won’t be in office until the 2nd of JanuaryYES I sent an update letter/letter of interest on Friday 12/15, received II on Friday 12/22. Strongly believe the letter put me in the first wave.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn’t seem like it. Some people just submitted and was in the first wave. Seems like interest letters put some people ahead so I would try thatDoes anyone know if II are being sent based on when you were complete?
Have you already applied elsewhere this application cycle without any offers? Any interviews?I need someone’s honest opinion, I heard about this school 2 days ago from a friend. LizzyM score: 65. Is it worth applying or do you think it’s too late? I‘m not super well off so 145 is kinda a lot. A honest opinion would be helpful!
Hey thanks for the response, so far 1 MD II no response yet, 3 DO 1 WL, 2 decisions pending.Have you already applied elsewhere this application cycle without any offers? Any interviews?
thebiglightt
Full Member
I honestly think it depends on your personal goals. It's very likely that at least one of your DO pending decisions will turn into an A. If you don't care about MD vs. DO and you genuinely like the schools you have an II from, then it might not be worth it if you're tight on money. If you prefer the MD route and don't know how your 1 MD II will turn out, you can shoot your shot here and maybe email admissions to ask if they'd be willing to waive your secondary fee given your financial situation (and that would save you $100). I am not an admissions expert or anything but that's just my 2 cents. God willing you will get in where you're meant to be.Hey thanks for the response, so far 1 MD II no response yet, 3 DO 1 WL, 2 decisions pending.
100% agree with the above^Hey thanks for the response, so far 1 MD II no response yet, 3 DO 1 WL, 2 decisions pending.
It's cliche but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take
I applied broadly and didn't expect half of the schools I got IIs from to even give me one. And it's not that late to apply to Frist; the earlier, the better though so if you're leaning towards applying, I wouldn't hesitate
Anyone complete around the end of November waiting for a hopefully II?
hey everyone happy new year!! received the email for ii consideration!! complete 11/26!!
D
deleted1174838
under review for ii email today, complete 11/27
Yup in the same boat 11/21 hereAnyone complete around the end of November waiting for a hopefully II?
Sounds like another batch will be released either this week or next.
Hopefully they just got back today in office so crossing fingers for a Friday dropSounds like another batch will be released either this week or next.
Does anyone know if they send t-shirts for interviews or is it just for acceptances?
I hope for everyone!!Does anyone know if they send t-shirts for interviews or is it just for acceptances?
But I’m guessing interviews hahah
Did you get a response after sending your letter of interest? I’m assuming they were closed a few days for new years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did. They said they added it to my file.Did you get a response after sending your letter of interest? I’m assuming they were closed a few days for new years
+1I did. They said they added it to my file.
Under review this morning, complete 11/27
I did. They said they added it to my file.
Thanks i got that today!
Interest letter added to file
thebiglightt
Full Member
Any II today?
indebtedsaddle23
Full Member
Do you guys think it’s worth applying if gotten A to MD school already and multiple other II’s?
No. Given that Belmont is a new school, attending an already established MD is probably a better option.Do you guys think it’s worth applying if gotten A to MD school already and multiple other II’s?
I agree ^No. Given that Belmont is a new school, attending an already established MD is probably a better option.
Was hoping there would be some but doesn’t look like it. Guess better luck next Friday !Any II today?
brownsfan15
Full Member
Just received under interview consideration, complete 11/30
stressball90
Full Member
Does the “under review” email have any correlation with actually getting an II? Or does everyone get it eventually?
Under review 1/7, complete 11/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the “under review” email have any correlation with actually getting an II? Or does everyone get it eventually?
I wanna say everyone gets the „under review“ email as a courtesy so that applicants know where they are in the process
Crossing fingers for invites tomorrow !
D
deleted1177773
Does anyone know if the curriculum is P/F?
D
deleted1174838
Iirc, preclinical is letter graded
D
deleted1174838
They only have preliminary accreditation and can’t get full accreditation until they graduate their first class. As with any new school, there’s more of a risk going here than somewhere with more of a precedent. They said rotations will be with Tristar hospitals, heritage, and siloam health. Take that for what you will