2023-2024 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wont be able to sleep tonight🥲 anyone else super nervous abt tomorrow?
Sorry if I missed something, what is happening tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A email a few minutes ago! Interviewed September 29th, OOS, and no ties to east coast or Brown

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
OOS A! just now!! LM ~75, interviewed early October. No school or state ties.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Do you guys see the button to accept the waitlist?
They emailed and said there was a glitch and that this functionality was not working. I am assuming the 3 days we have to accept a spot on the waitlist is a bit flexible because of this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! For those that have interviewed, how have your experiences been?
They were by far the most relaxed and comfortable interviews this cycle. Faculty and students are very down to earth and genuinely happy to meet you, which speaks to their laid-back culture. The style was open ended and conversational, and one of my interviewers said “If a student graduates from Brown with perfect board scores and grades but doesn’t give back to the community, they’re a failure.” Phrased a bit harshly, but I think the message is that Brown is BIG on community engagement. Being a small state, the communities are very close knit, and they highly encourage students to volunteer or do research alongside the curriculum, and provide them with ample free time to do so. It def wouldn’t hurt to reference any of the Brown student lead interest groups or outreach programs (found on website), local non-profit organizations that serve specific patient populations, or research faculty during your interview.. hope this helps! Good luck 🍀

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the threads a lot recently. Can any of my scavenger buddies let me know the chances of an II at this point late in the cycle? Based on previous years' data plus any info gathered from their comms. Thanks y'all!*

*Also posted this in a couple of other threads.

anyone get an ii recently or do we think they're done

anyone get an ii recently or do we think they're done
Nah, not even close. Brown is a “fair rolling” school so they send interviews and acceptances in small batches throughout the cycle. Last year, people were getting IIs into Feb. if you haven’t been rejected, you’re still in the game.

Reactions: 2 users
completed mid-July but nothing yet. is it safe to assume an R at this pt

Pre-II R 30 minutes ago, complete 8/1

Last edited:
  • Care
when you guys submitted your applications did you ever get a complete email or did you just get the received secondary application email?

when you guys submitted your applications did you ever get a complete email or did you just get the received secondary application email?

Got the secondary received email only

pre-II R received a few minutes ago. seems like they’re letting the Rs trickle in throughout the morning

complete on 08/16. At this point, no II or no R... am I somehow still in the running?

Reactions: 1 users
complete on 08/16. At this point, no II or no R... am I somehow still in the running?
It's mid-morning on a day of R's, and additionally, the New Year hasn't even come yet - lots of time left in the day (and the cycle) to get an R, or maybe an II.
Keep your head down, work on your app, and ride out the cycle! We are all rejected until we are accepted. Best of luck.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I swear michigan, brown and sinai are giving me so much false hope lol why let me survive the first couple of R waves just to reject me later :mad:

• Care
Reactions: 21 users
Pre II R - complete early august; LM 73

• Care
I swear michigan, brown and sinai are giving me so much false hope lol why let me survive the first couple of R waves just to reject me later :mad:
Same position as you with michigan and sinai but brown and Stanford and CCLCM were swift (and I respect that)

Reactions: 3 users
Same position as you with michigan and sinai but brown and Stanford and CCLCM were swift (and I respect that)
Dodged Brown, Stanford, Michigan, but Sinai clipped me.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Alternate perspective: I know Michigan is almost done, but Brown and Sinai are known for extending invitations into the new year. Both schools have kept your application for a bit longer(at least for now) for a reason. You have a non-zero chance of acceptance until the R hits your inbox. Let’s keep hoping!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Bruh I wrote down the wrong school on their secondary why us essay and I'm still alive wtf, just end me Brown :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users