2023-2024 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
iirc many years ago it came on march 1 the friday
Oh really?? Well at least there's precedent then!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
whatever happens remember columbia does not define your worth 🙏 (i’m pre-coping)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Keep that feeling to yourself 😂😂 Let’s not put that out into the universe 😭 I’m trying to get the decision today and end this torture
Hahah I'm sorry lilac and others!! Fingers crossed for today!! I'm with you!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Keep that feeling to yourself Let’s not put that out into the universe I’m trying to get the decision today and end this torture

I sometimes think admin people watch these threads just to ensure premeds are still being neurotic as always WE WANT DECISIONS COLUMBIA! GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
harvard rejection in my inbox just now my heart dropped because i just saw the @admissions in the email

Members don't see this ad :)
The MSAR pdf with dates for each school says decisions are released March 01, 2024. I interviewed in October and they just vaguely said early March.

Any movement anyone?!

I got in March 1st of last year at around noon eastern time. Not sure if this makes folks more or less anxious, but I know during my cycle i would've liked to have some sort of insight so hope this helps lol

I got in March 1st of last year at around noon eastern time. Not sure if this makes folks more or less anxious, but I know during my cycle i would've liked to have some sort of insight so hope this helps lol
Thanks ♥️ do u by any chance know when they’re releasing decisions? Is today still possible? I’m just so tired of waiting. I got very little sleep due to the anxiety of thinking I’d get my decision for this school today, along with 2 other schools. I want this to end

does any brave soul want to call admissions and ask?

Reactions: 3 users
For real haha are we going to be exception year that doesn't get decisions on March 1st? The past five years have had decisions on or before March 2nd, and they're not releasing them on a weekend 😭 l'll give it a couple more hours of mental bandwidth and then I'm gonna perpetually distract myself until next week

For real haha are we going to be exception year that doesn't get decisions on March 1st? The past five years have had decisions on or before March 2nd, and they're not releasing them on a weekend 😭 l'll give it a couple more hours of mental bandwidth and then I'm gonna perpetually distract myself until next week
I think it's just a weird year where 3/1 happens to be on a Friday. Placing my bets it'll be Monday morning if not later today (which is looking increasingly unlikely)

This is really so frustrating I just like dont understand why schools cant pick a date and stick to it

This is really so frustrating I just like dont understand why schools cant pick a date and stick to it
100% agree. Not only does it add so much unnecessary stress, but for those getting post-II R’s, its gonna hit even harder. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 12.14.10 PM.png
From AAMC...

• Sad
after getting the post-II Harvard R this morning I'm gonna have a conniption if Columbia decisions don't come out today 😭😭

does any brave soul want to call admissions and ask?
Tired of speculating so I called. Confirmed not today, and all they said is all they can say is it'll be early March. I'm pretty sure it'll be Mon-Tues

Everyone go try to enjoy your weekend while the agonizing wait continues. I'm gonna go watch Dune 2, have a game night w friends, and maybe even go hiking :)

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Tired of speculating so I called. Confirmed not today, and all they said is all they can say is it'll be early March. I'm pretty sure it'll be Mon-Tues

Everyone go try to enjoy your weekend while the agonizing wait continues. I'm gonna go watch Dune 2, have a game night w friends, and maybe even go hiking :)
Thank you for calling!

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks for saving the day Spidey. Enjoy the weekend 🥰 I’ll see you all in a few days

• Care
It is surprising Columbia is so far behind. They used to be the first Ivy and now Harvard has come before them.

so we thinking monday or tues?

after getting the post-II Harvard R this morning I'm gonna have a conniption if Columbia decisions don't come out today 😭😭
i personally appreciate the short intermission in Rs. if i go both today i would simply die

Just got the R for Bassett and regular

It was just an email, no portal or anything which is strange but maybe because I'm a Bassett candidate

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
aw man, could it possibly be a glitch?
Lmfao I wish but that would be a level of diabolically delusional I'm trying not to hit until I'm applying for residency

• Care
also got the R, not bassett though

• Care
Lmfao I wish but that would be a level of diabolically delusional I'm trying not to hit until I'm applying for residency

I was accidentally rejected from ucsf before being accepted so anything is possible!!! Kinda strange no other Rs have been reported

I was accidentally rejected from ucsf before being accepted so anything is possible!!! Kinda strange no other Rs have been reported
Spoke too soon brother, best of luck 🤞🏼