You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Columbia (Vagelos)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mangobeach
Full Member
i’m super nervous[emoji56]and have convinced myself the worst case scenario is gonna happen[emoji1782][emoji3511][emoji3511]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kermitiv
Full Member
i think so...Guys is this the week?
historically has it been Friday?
D
deleted1143918
buried a bit but this is what it's been the past few yearsIt's been 3/1 or 3/2 at 11 AM EST for the past 3 years, but also usually on Tues/Wed, so could be 2/27-28 or 3/4-5 this year as well
It’s an email. Acceptances come out first before WLs and RsDo we know if they call or if we just get an email?
manifestinggoalsrn
New Member
This question is directed to any current MD students. Does anyone that lives in the apartments have a car and if they do, where do they park?
D
deleted1171137
Nooo you’re going to get in. Manifest that 🙏🏽i’m super nervous[emoji56]and have convinced myself the worst case scenario is gonna happen[emoji1782][emoji3511][emoji3511]
mangobeach
Full Member
Nooo you’re going to get in. Manifest that [emoji1431]
awww you too lilac🥹[emoji255]🪻
D
deleted1143918
awww you too lilac🥹[emoji255]🪻
nah y'all got it in the bag, i'm tryna rack up double digit WLs anyway so you can take my spotNooo you’re going to get in. Manifest that 🙏🏽
mangobeach
Full Member
nah y'all got it in the bag, i'm tryna rack up double digit WLs anyway so you can take my spot
you me and lilac ride till the end[emoji255]🪻🩷[emoji843][emoji3503][emoji841][emoji746]🟪🟨 (i didn’t know how else to express dihedral symmetry in emojis[emoji845])
D
deleted1171137
you’re Spiderman. you’re getting in. you’ll be the local Washington heights heronah y'all got it in the bag, i'm tryna rack up double digit WLs anyway so you can take my spot
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1143918
hahaha me neither derived my sdn name from my inorganic chem classyou me and lilac ride till the end[emoji255]🪻🩷[emoji843][emoji3503][emoji841][emoji746]🟪🟨 (i didn’t know how else to express dihedral symmetry in emojis[emoji845])
I fear I will be just like spider-man in that I will just keep taking Ls despite my humorous affectyou’re Spiderman. you’re getting in. you’ll be the local Washington heights hero
but we ride or die together As or bust fr
Does anyone know what time of day they usually release decisions? I am trying to limit the amount of time I freak out (if that is even possible)
D
deleted1143918
11 AM EST is when they startDoes anyone know what time of day they usually release decisions? I am trying to limit the amount of time I freak out (if that is even possible)
edited to add: they usually roll out a bit over an hour or throughout the day depending on the year. if you see people getting A's here and you haven't yet, it's not over
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1171137
so meDoes anyone know what time of day they usually release decisions? I am trying to limit the amount of time I freak out (if that is even possible)
Dreadedpremed
Full Member
does anybody see Columbia under “choose my medical school” on AMCAS? Just curious (i dont see it)
Unless you already have an PHD-MD A, it wont show up until you have been WL or Adoes anybody see Columbia under “choose my medical school” on AMCAS? Just curious (i dont see it)
Just wanted to add that on Columbia's website they say decisions are released in early March so i doubt it'll be today
I saw MSAR was march 1 so I am betting on friday....staying chill till then 🙂Just wanted to add that on Columbia's website they say decisions are released in early March so i doubt it'll be today
D
deleted1171137
I am not a current MD student. I'm an applicant, but I'm a native New Yorker and want to say that you should never bring your car into Manhattan. It's not worth it at alll lol if you want to bring your car, I suggest you rent a room in Brooklyn or Queens, where rent may be cheaper than average Manhattan prices (but probably not as cheap as Columbia's housing).This question is directed to any current MD students. Does anyone that lives in the apartments have a car and if they do, where do they park?
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
Does anyone have any more thoughts as to whether we expect decisions Friday vs next Tuesday/Wednesday?. Trying to be less neurotic but saw comments on here about both
kermitiv
Full Member
i think at this point its entirely speculation for either march 1 or next week. ill be tweaking from now until i get the email anyway hahaDoes anyone have any more thoughts as to whether we expect decisions Friday vs next Tuesday/Wednesday?. Trying to be less neurotic but saw comments on here about both
can’t wrap my head around the fact that we’ll be hearing back so soon. i’ve been waiting for ages 

D
deleted1171137
no fr why are the waits for these schools soooo long I'M EXCITED FOR ALL OF US!!can’t wrap my head around the fact that we’ll be hearing back so soon. i’ve been waiting for ages![]()
kermitiv
Full Member
i am running on empty friendwho else cant sleep tn [emoji854]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dreadedpremed
Full Member
imagine its not even today
D
deleted1143918
honestly i'm pretty confident columbia and penn are both next week so i'm chilling todayimagine its not even today
Dreadedpremed
Full Member
how are you so sure?honestly i'm pretty confident columbia and penn are both next week so i'm chilling today
D
deleted1143918
just interpreting the vibes and the whispers of the wind (i.e. i'm not so sure) but just based on their patterns in past years and news through the grapevinehow are you so sure?
also bc my heart can't take more bad news this week, 3 is plenty 💀
kermitiv
Full Member
yes but i think that historically its always been on a tuesday or wednesday? (correct me if im wrong) so thats where the possibility of it being next week is coming fromWasn’t their pattern last year and the year before releasing on March 1
D
deleted1143918
yeah exactly! although decisions always start around 11 AM est so if there's silence by noon-ish we can chillyes but i think that historically its always been on a tuesday or wednesday? (correct me if im wrong) so thats where the possibility of it being next week is coming from
Here’s what I found, but I figure we’ll know in less than an hour if they release at 11am!yes but i think that historically its always been on a tuesday or wednesday? (correct me if im wrong) so thats where the possibility of it being next week is coming from
2023: March 1, Wednesday
2022: March 1, Tuesday
2021: March 2, Tuesday
2020: March 2, Monday
2019: Feb 28, Thursday
keksD
Full Member
iirc many years ago it came on march 1 the fridayMonday Thursday Tuesday Wednesday okay it’s time for a Friday to round it out
OGFloridaMan
New Member
Oh really?? Well at least there's precedent then!iirc many years ago it came on march 1 the friday
not to be dramatic but I could vom
whatever happens remember columbia does not define your worth 🙏 (i’m pre-coping)
BigBrainMD
New Member
the suspense is killing me lol
I think that today is not the daythe suspense is killing me lol
D
deleted1171137
Why do you say so? Last year, acceptances went out at 12:05 EST on 3/1, so I thought today was still an optionI think that today is not the day
Oh gosh, not sure, just a ~feeling~ hahaWhy do you say so? Last year, acceptances went out at 12:05 EST on 3/1, so I thought today was still an option
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1171137
Keep that feeling to yourself 😂😂 Let’s not put that out into the universe 😭 I’m trying to get the decision today and end this tortureOh gosh, not sure, just a ~feeling~ haha
Hahah I'm sorry lilac and others!! Fingers crossed for today!! I'm with you!!!Keep that feeling to yourself 😂😂 Let’s not put that out into the universe 😭 I’m trying to get the decision today and end this torture
all good dearest potatoeHahah I'm sorry lilac and others!! Fingers crossed for today!! I'm with you!!!
Keep that feeling to yourself [emoji23][emoji23] Let’s not put that out into the universe [emoji24] I’m trying to get the decision today and end this torture
I sometimes think admin people watch these threads just to ensure premeds are still being neurotic as always[emoji23] WE WANT DECISIONS COLUMBIA! GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT
kermitiv
Full Member
harvard rejection in my inbox just now my heart dropped because i just saw the @admissions in the email