2023-2024 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Content with result.

Pre-II R
complete: 8/31/23

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R!! GL to those of you waiting for a decision!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
While waiting for a post-II decision, are we supposed to submit anything for financial aid/scholarship consideration?

i’m super nervousand have convinced myself the worst case scenario is gonna happen

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
This question is directed to any current MD students. Does anyone that lives in the apartments have a car and if they do, where do they park?

nah y'all got it in the bag, i'm tryna rack up double digit WLs anyway so you can take my spot

you me and lilac ride till the end🪻🩷🟪🟨 (i didn’t know how else to express dihedral symmetry in emojis)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
you me and lilac ride till the end🪻🩷🟪🟨 (i didn’t know how else to express dihedral symmetry in emojis)
hahaha me neither derived my sdn name from my inorganic chem class

you’re Spiderman. you’re getting in. you’ll be the local Washington heights hero
I fear I will be just like spider-man in that I will just keep taking Ls despite my humorous affect

but we ride or die together As or bust fr

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what time of day they usually release decisions? I am trying to limit the amount of time I freak out (if that is even possible)

• Care
Does anyone know what time of day they usually release decisions? I am trying to limit the amount of time I freak out (if that is even possible)
11 AM EST is when they start

edited to add: they usually roll out a bit over an hour or throughout the day depending on the year. if you see people getting A's here and you haven't yet, it's not over

Last edited:
  • Care
does anybody see Columbia under “choose my medical school” on AMCAS? Just curious (i dont see it)

Just wanted to add that on Columbia's website they say decisions are released in early March so i doubt it'll be today

This question is directed to any current MD students. Does anyone that lives in the apartments have a car and if they do, where do they park?
I am not a current MD student. I'm an applicant, but I'm a native New Yorker and want to say that you should never bring your car into Manhattan. It's not worth it at alll lol if you want to bring your car, I suggest you rent a room in Brooklyn or Queens, where rent may be cheaper than average Manhattan prices (but probably not as cheap as Columbia's housing).

Does anyone have any more thoughts as to whether we expect decisions Friday vs next Tuesday/Wednesday?. Trying to be less neurotic but saw comments on here about both

Does anyone have any more thoughts as to whether we expect decisions Friday vs next Tuesday/Wednesday?. Trying to be less neurotic but saw comments on here about both
i think at this point its entirely speculation for either march 1 or next week. ill be tweaking from now until i get the email anyway haha

• Care
can’t wrap my head around the fact that we’ll be hearing back so soon. i’ve been waiting for ages :scared:

Reactions: 5 users
who else cant sleep tn

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
how are you so sure?
just interpreting the vibes and the whispers of the wind (i.e. i'm not so sure) but just based on their patterns in past years and news through the grapevine

also bc my heart can't take more bad news this week, 3 is plenty 💀

• Care
  • Haha
Wasn’t their pattern last year and the year before releasing on March 1
yes but i think that historically its always been on a tuesday or wednesday? (correct me if im wrong) so thats where the possibility of it being next week is coming from

yes but i think that historically its always been on a tuesday or wednesday? (correct me if im wrong) so thats where the possibility of it being next week is coming from
yeah exactly! although decisions always start around 11 AM est so if there's silence by noon-ish we can chill

Here’s what I found, but I figure we’ll know in less than an hour if they release at 11am!

2023: March 1, Wednesday
2022: March 1, Tuesday
2021: March 2, Tuesday
2020: March 2, Monday
2019: Feb 28, Thursday