2023-2024 Emory

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since this is the last day, I assume if you don't have anything on the portal that means either a WL or R. Oh well, I'm happy with where I'm planning to go, but Emory would've been a dream. Congrats everyone who has been accepted!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
per the flyer:

“
ALTERNATE STATUS

Interviewed applicants who have not been accepted will be notified BY EMAIL no later than March 30 if they have been selected for ALTERNATE STATUS.
Alternates are strongly encouraged to complete their financial aid application, especially if a decision to attend Emory could be dependent upon financial aid.


ALTERNATE ACCEPTANCES
Accepted alternates will be notified BY TELEPHONE.
Alternates may be accepted anytime until M1 Orientation.”

i assume Rs will come around the same time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received a WL or R yet? I think they said they would let us know by March 30th, and we're getting close to then...
Also, anyone have an idea of what the WL movement has looked like in past years? Like do they accept a lot of people off of the WL?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS alternate list. Interviewed back in November, also not sure if they give anyone post-II rejections or if everyone is just on the AL
 
I don’t want to let anybody down, but want to manage expectations. I have checked the past ~5 years of Emory SDN threads and there is historically very little or no waitlist movement. It makes sense considering Emory’s elite status and people not likely to choose another school over it. Here’s to this year may be different!
 
has anybody heard anything about the Woodruff scholarship?
Looks like someone received an email confirming that Woodruff offers had been sent on 4/19 last year. Given how delayed most schools are with financial aid, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until much later this month. Hope we hear earlier though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like someone received an email confirming that Woodruff offers had been sent on 4/19 last year. Given how delayed most schools are with financial aid, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until much later this month. Hope we hear earlier though!
I got an email from financial aid saying that all aid (including scholarships) will not be announced until after the 15th. I would also expect them much later this month tbh.
 
Has anyone heard of anybody getting rejected post-interview yet? From my impression it just seems like everyone who was not accepted straight away was put on the waitlist. If that is the case, it seems kind of pointless to string along applicants who may not actually have a chance.
 
Has anyone heard of anybody getting rejected post-interview yet? From my impression it just seems like everyone who was not accepted straight away was put on the waitlist. If that is the case, it seems kind of pointless to string along applicants who may not actually have a chance.
Also wondering this! And by chance has anyone reached out to see their place on the waitlist or how the waitlist moves/if it is ranked?