You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A this morning with full tuition merit scholarship!! Here's hoping to ressurect the vibes after this weekend lol
aiderecording
Full Member
congrats!! stats?A this morning with full tuition merit scholarship!! Here's hoping to ressurect the vibes after this weekend lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! 516, 3.95, big state school, tons of service. 1k clinical, Unremarkable research, I think strong LORcongrats!! stats?
WL just now! Interviewed early March 🙂
WL just now, interviewed in march - does anyone know the realistic probability of getting off the waitlist? is it 20% or closer to 50% or higher? Not sure if i should just move on...congrats to everyone else who got WL'd!
Honestly based off previous years threads there seems to be alot of WL movement here later in the cycle but yk dont miss your DO school deposit if you dont have an AWL just now, interviewed in march - does anyone know the realistic probability of getting off the waitlist? is it 20% or closer to 50% or higher? Not sure if i should just move on...congrats to everyone else who got WL'd!
This is weird, I got an email in response almost a few hours after my withdrawal last week. It seemed like an automated email almost and asked why I chose not to go there lol. They did take a few extra days to update Cyms though so dev disorganizedWere you able to call them and withdraw your acceptance? I'm in the same boat; emailed them with no response. I tried calling them but they didn't pick up :/ Makes me nervous because I need them to withdraw my application so I can get down to three acceptances for the 04/15 deadline
Wow 9 WLs and 1 A in a row. We got our first March results too. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1169705
Should I email them regarding my November interview? At this point I am pretty sure I am rejected, but I am just surprised they have not sent me anything.
FinancialBagel
Full Member
I definitely panicked but I also got a response quite quickly haha. I received the same email.This is weird, I got an email in response almost a few hours after my withdrawal last week. It seemed like an automated email almost and asked why I chose not to go there lol. They did take a few extra days to update Cyms though so dev disorganized
Waitlisted today at noon, interviewed mid-February.
Thomas R
Full Member
They have rejected people post interview, and specifically people after your interview date. You can try emailing but you will probably get a blanket response from themShould I email them regarding my November interview? At this point I am pretty sure I am rejected, but I am just surprised they have not sent me anything.
OOS WL today, interviewed 11/24 lmfao will likely withdraw
Idonthavethetime
Full Member
Acknowledged today. Officially withdrew my A, hope it goes out to one of you!!!Were you able to call them and withdraw your acceptance? I'm in the same boat; emailed them with no response. I tried calling them but they didn't pick up :/ Makes me nervous because I need them to withdraw my application so I can get down to three acceptances for the 04/15 deadline
D
deleted1005927
Any chance we start seeing WL movement this week? Or more likely after the April 30 date?
Idonthavethetime
Full Member
Your username's such a hot take lol. I would expect most movement after the 30th, since thats when everyone has to narrow it down to ONE. Last year they had a decent amount of movement from what I've heard.Any chance we start seeing WL movement this week? Or more likely after the April 30 date?
Given that there are a ton of people who haven't even gotten a decision yet I feel like they are more likely to wait a few weeks before starting to go off the WL people. They might stumble upon people still who they end up preferring more than any current WL students. But more importantly they probably need the data from the April 30th selection.Any chance we start seeing WL movement this week? Or more likely after the April 30 date?
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
Got my A call! Interviewed 02/21
coughsyrups
New Member
Can someone who has access to MSAR take a screenshot of the waitlist portion on there?
This is from the AAMC for 2024Can someone who has access to MSAR take a screenshot of the waitlist portion on there?
Attachments
coughsyrups
New Member
Oh thanks so much! Was hoping they'd give us some information... crumbs...This is from the AAMC for 2024
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
missgirl123
New Member
IS A yesterday, interviewed 3/5.
OOS A yesterday, Feb14 interview, LM 70
sleeroy
Full Member
Does anyone have any advice for the second interview? Thanks!
Called to schedule a second interview first interview early December
Withdrew my A. Gl everyone
lukj2001
New Member
They are most likely clarifying things on your application and the way they relate to medicine. Be prepared to answer and know your file well.Does anyone have any advice for the second interview? Thanks!
A off the waitlist today at 5:15
OOS LM74
OOS LM74
cuddlycactus
Full Member
When did you interview and when were you put on the WL?A off the waitlist today at 5:15
OOS LM74
Interviewed 10/17 and 11/13. Got the waitlist email 2/29When did you interview and when were you put on the WL?
D
deleted1005927
Congrats!! Did you send any updates?A off the waitlist today at 5:15
OOS LM74
Only post II not post WL. Basically a letter of intentCongrats!! Did you send any updates?
201I know this has been posted before on this thread but I can’t find it, what’s the area code that they call from?
For scheduling the IIs at least. Not sure about the A.
For my A it was 862-
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if research opportunities are plentiful at Hackensack?
Thomas R
Full Member
Research opportunities are definitely there, but its probably not plentiful since they are not connected to any large research institution.Does anyone know if research opportunities are plentiful at Hackensack?
D
deleted929944
Research opportunities are definitely there, but its probably not plentiful since they are not connected to any large research institution.
From its 2022-23 Annual Report, https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/-/media/project/hmh/hmh/public/hmh_2022annualreport.pdf
By the numbers,
HMHRI has:
3,600+
Researchers
250+
Principal Investigators
with Active Studies
1,000+
Active Studies
600
Open Clinical Trials
450
Clinical trials in Cancer —
More Than Any Other
Cancer Center in NJ
Over the past four years, HMH has experienced remarkable growth,
more than tripling its externally-sponsored research portfolio
across the translational research continuum, as its research grant
expenditures and industry clinical trials revenue increased from
$31.1M in 2019 to over $100 million in 2022.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) has itself grown
to encompass more than 180 scientists and support
personnel, over its first three years. The institution is funded
by $175 million in research commitments over the next
five years through government, pharmaceutical, biotech, and
foundation sectors, as well as private philanthropy.
does anyone know how much WL movement happens in the first couple of weeks of May? Not sure if I should expect to wait until June...