You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I met with a doctor for my first interview (2/28) and the assistant dean for my second interview (4/1). No complaints for either interview and thought both were very kindi'm curious if everyone who had the second interview had the original interview with my interviewer. this person was horrendous and completely turned me off of the school. don't want to go into specifics in a public forum but yuck.
Thomas R
Full Member
Did you have the brown guy (not being racist, just dont want to say his name). I just know my interviewer was super dry and read questions off a script like a boti'm curious if everyone who had the second interview had the original interview with my interviewer. this person was horrendous and completely turned me off of the school. don't want to go into specifics in a public forum but yuck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted student here, and hoping a current student can share details about the curriculum logistics!
What is your typical first year schedule like? I heard lectures are mandatory. Does your "school" schedule start at 9am and end at a set time everyday? When do you have time after classes to do other things (ie research, free time, life)? Anything relevant would help. Thank you!
What is your typical first year schedule like? I heard lectures are mandatory. Does your "school" schedule start at 9am and end at a set time everyday? When do you have time after classes to do other things (ie research, free time, life)? Anything relevant would help. Thank you!
No I had a woman (as specific as I would like to get, but if you're curious we can dm) - she was recently roasted on /r/medicalschool name and shame because she does residency interviews as well.Did you have the brown guy (not being racist, just dont want to say his name). I just know my interviewer was super dry and read questions off a script like a bot
Wait you guys had faculty for interviews.....? I just had a student, do we think that means anything? 😭😭 loved him though, so nice and chill
lol not sure but dm me!i'm curious if everyone who had the second interview had the original interview with my interviewer. this person was horrendous and completely turned me off of the school. don't want to go into specifics in a public forum but yuck.
Thomas R
Full Member
My interviewer was a MD. But doubt that means anything. This school is disorganized. They probably didnt have enough interviewers for your interview dayWait you guys had faculty for interviews.....? I just had a student, do we think that means anything? 😭😭 loved him though, so nice and chill
The straw that broke the camel's backThey probably didnt have enough interviewers for your interview day
Nope there are some student interviewers that is normal - they are probably m3s or m4s who are part of the committeeMy interviewer was a MD. But doubt that means anything. This school is disorganized. They probably didnt have enough interviewers for your interview day
Last edited:
Thomas R
Full Member
Which is likely because they don't have enough faculty interviewers.Nope there are some student interviewers that is normal - they are probably m3s or m4s who are part of the committee
i guess so, im just looking at it from a glass half full perspective. i think students prob care more to do a good interviewWhich is likely because they don't have enough faculty interviewers.
I definitely didn't view it as a bad thing! My student interviewer was super nice and approachable.i guess so, im just looking at it from a glass half full perspective. i think students prob care more to do a good interview
A lot of medical schools have current students involved in the interviewing process. It’s not a sign of disorganization but rather a way for the school to allow current students to help shape the future student bodies.Which is likely because they don't have enough faculty interviewers.
Thomas R
Full Member
Is it common for the primary interview to be with a medical student in your interviews? I have had interviews with a student, but usually its faculty interview which is on the application and the student interview is just asking about the things in the school.A lot of medical schools have current students involved in the interviewing process. It’s not a sign of disorganization but rather a way for the school to allow current students to help shape the future student bodies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1188639
lol okay buddyi'm curious if everyone who had the second interview had the original interview with my interviewer. this person was horrendous and completely turned me off of the school. don't want to go into specifics in a public forum but yuck.
this is the post you decided to create an account for, lmaolol okay buddy
LMFAOOOthis is the post you decided to create an account for, lmao
2024app411
Full Member
did anyone not hear back from this school. I have not heard anything from them
Thomas R
Full Member
why so madyour continuous whining in this forum while still trying to get in is hilarious and had to be acknowledged. Goodluck!
lol okay buddy
im crying, not the sdn drama!!why so mad
Last edited:
Shameless plug for new admits to join the group me
meiosisjones
New Member
FYI, Merit based scholarships are offered with your initial acceptance letter, regardless of FAFSA. Some students even get full tuition merit based scholarships. If you did not receive a scholarship in or around your initial offer of acceptance, you will likely not receive one at all. Also, early acceptance does not necessarily increase odds for scholarship. Students who are accepted in May/June can also receive scholarships. Your FAFSA based cost-of-acceptance and financial aid loan options will likely come a bit later. 🙂
Shameless plug for new admits to join the group me
Have there been A’s in the last few weeks?
Talkin abt scholarships smh...I'm out here wondering where my II is...iykykFYI, Merit based scholarships are offered with your initial acceptance letter, regardless of FAFSA. Some students even get full tuition merit based scholarships. If you did not receive a scholarship in or around your initial offer of acceptance, you will likely not receive one at all. Also, early acceptance does not necessarily increase odds for scholarship. Students who are accepted in May/June can also receive scholarships. Your FAFSA based cost-of-acceptance and financial aid loan options will likely come a bit later. 🙂
Received the A phone call on Tuesday around 2. Interviewed in late Feb
Received the A phone call on Tuesday around 2. Interviewed in late Feb
Congratulations!!
D
deleted1169705
I haven't heard back since late November, am I just waiting on a rejection at this point?
Not sure if it is different this year, but my acceptance email said information about scholarships would be forthcoming in the upcoming weeks, and seeing that almost no one has heard anything I don't think they've been giving them out upon acceptance. But please correct me if i'm wrong I just wanna hold out hope for one 😢FYI, Merit based scholarships are offered with your initial acceptance letter, regardless of FAFSA. Some students even get full tuition merit based scholarships. If you did not receive a scholarship in or around your initial offer of acceptance, you will likely not receive one at all. Also, early acceptance does not necessarily increase odds for scholarship. Students who are accepted in May/June can also receive scholarships. Your FAFSA based cost-of-acceptance and financial aid loan options will likely come a bit later. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
awkotaco123
Full Member
I was accepted a few weeks ago and was offered a scholarship exactly a week after I got the A
Did anybody at all who interviewed in March hear anything back yet? I am starting to think March interviewed people are kind of like their emergency pool they will only reach into if they find out on April 15th and April 30th that people chose not to come here. Hoping I am wrong though.
What makes you think that? Comments like these kill my vibe..Did anybody at all who interviewed in March hear anything back yet? I am starting to think March interviewed people are kind of like their emergency pool they will only reach into if they find out on April 15th and April 30th that people chose not to come here. Hoping I am wrong though.
dotsquared
Full Member
Don’t let it get to your head too much. People have no real idea how this process works and Hackensack has a high post II acceptance rate. Of course there’s the 12-20% who won’t get accepted, but don’t let people guessing on how admissions work freak you outWhat makes you think that? Comments like these kill my vibe..
It was only a guess given how nobody has posted a thing about March interview decisions yet despite there being 80+ of us who had one then. I think its a possibility also because it has been observed in the past that med schools ramp up acceptances sometimes on or around April 15th/30th. Dotsquared is correct that there is no actual way to know what's going on behind the scenes so please don't let my guessing ruin your vibe!!!What makes you think that? Comments like these kill my vibe..
Nothing about Hackensack’s process is transparent enough to determine if that’s true tbh. I’m still waiting to hear back from a November interview and I don’t think I’m the only one, LOLDid anybody at all who interviewed in March hear anything back yet? I am starting to think March interviewed people are kind of like their emergency pool they will only reach into if they find out on April 15th and April 30th that people chose not to come here. Hoping I am wrong though.
dotsquared
Full Member
Yep I interviewed in October, accepted in late February. Weird processNothing about Hackensack’s process is transparent enough to determine if that’s true tbh. I’m still waiting to hear back from a November interview and I don’t think I’m the only one, LOL
Hey if we all get in lets volunteer in the admissions office and finally figure out what in the world goes on back there (but also keep it a secret to keep the tradition going)
Idonthavethetime
Full Member
I've been trying to withdraw my A for almost a week and no one is acknowledging it 😭 Uploaded on the portal and emailed adcom directly. they keep sending me email about info sessions for programs and accepted students week 😭😭😭 Should I just wait it out? I really don't like the idea of sitting on an A when I've already made a decision.
heres my recommendation - call admissions directly. 862-660-5000 best bet, call them tmrw morning !I've been trying to withdraw my A for almost a week and no one is acknowledging it 😭 Uploaded on the portal and emailed adcom directly. they keep sending me email about info sessions for programs and accepted students week 😭😭😭 Should I just wait it out? I really don't like the idea of sitting on an A when I've already made a decision.
throw in a good word for me.. jk hahahI've been trying to withdraw my A for almost a week and no one is acknowledging it 😭 Uploaded on the portal and emailed adcom directly. they keep sending me email about info sessions for programs and accepted students week 😭😭😭 Should I just wait it out? I really don't like the idea of sitting on an A when I've already made a decision.
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
"I want to withdraw my A"I've been trying to withdraw my A for almost a week and no one is acknowledging it 😭 Uploaded on the portal and emailed adcom directly. they keep sending me email about info sessions for programs and accepted students week 😭😭😭 Should I just wait it out? I really don't like the idea of sitting on an A when I've already made a decision.
Hackensack: No lol
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
I think they're just very disorganized / behind in their cycle because people who interviewed in Feb were just recently getting decisions back so it makes sense that they haven't even made decisions on March interviewees yet. I guess they just ignore the AAMC Traffic Rules lolDid anybody at all who interviewed in March hear anything back yet? I am starting to think March interviewed people are kind of like their emergency pool they will only reach into if they find out on April 15th and April 30th that people chose not to come here. Hoping I am wrong though.
FinancialBagel
Full Member
Were you able to call them and withdraw your acceptance? I'm in the same boat; emailed them with no response. I tried calling them but they didn't pick up :/ Makes me nervous because I need them to withdraw my application so I can get down to three acceptances for the 04/15 deadlineI've been trying to withdraw my A for almost a week and no one is acknowledging it 😭 Uploaded on the portal and emailed adcom directly. they keep sending me email about info sessions for programs and accepted students week 😭😭😭 Should I just wait it out? I really don't like the idea of sitting on an A when I've already made a decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how likely are we to see As in the next couple of weeks? I have a massive DO school deposit due in a couple of weeks and would rather know....interviewed early march
WL this morning, interviewed late february
I imagine it is coming soon given how many late February interview results have been coming out consistently these past few days. But then again, there is pretty much no way to know how they are doing this. I also had a March interview and will soon be in the same boat as you with placing a DO deposit.how likely are we to see As in the next couple of weeks? I have a massive DO school deposit due in a couple of weeks and would rather know....interviewed early march
Thanks, yeah hope its this week - so exhausted from the waiting. Good luck on your decision day!I imagine it is coming soon given how many late February interview results have been coming out consistently these past few days. But then again, there is pretty much no way to know how they are doing this. I also had a March interview and will soon be in the same boat as you with placing a DO deposit.
MDwannabe01
Full Member
Withdrew my A! Hoping it goes to one of you!