You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hofstra
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1106899
Anyone from the South who received II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone from the South who received II?
Haven’t heard anything yet.
augustfifther
Full Member
Strong ties but original residence is not nearbyAre the OOS II’s from states neighboring New York? Or do they have ties to NY?
Last edited:
D
deleted1106899
Not sure if its worth to apply to Hofstra if im from the south and my LizzyM is 72Haven’t heard anything yet.
Arbiter604
Full Member
Are the OOS II’s from states neighboring New York? Or do they have ties to NY?
Is Hofstra known to start with these applicants?
I have no idea. I was just curious because I don’t have any ties to NYIs Hofstra known to start with these applicants?
Hofstra is an interesting one since they only seem to take applicants from a handful of states.
It was definitely a long shot for me to apply to them with no NY ties but we'll have to wait and see!
It was definitely a long shot for me to apply to them with no NY ties but we'll have to wait and see!
maindoctor42
Full Member
Does anyone else see the "no use of Chat GTP and AI" box not checked once they have submitted? I'm nervous that I didn't select it, or did it just disappear once I submitted...
D
deleted1167581
Mine is unchecked as well so I wouldn't worry about it!Does anyone else see the "no use of Chat GTP and AI" box not checked once they have submitted? I'm nervous that I didn't select it, or did it just disappear once I submitted...
maindoctor42
Full Member
Thank you! Nervous applicant here lol.Mine is unchecked as well so I wouldn't worry about it!
Interesting.All I know is I'm going to explode if schools continue to place so much weight on Casper.
Hofstra is one that I believe places serious emphasis on Casper as they require it for their BS/MD program too.
No coincidence that everyone with an interview so far has been 4Q.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106899
interesting, i think ill just save myself from applying here thenAll I know is I'm going to explode if schools continue to place so much weight on Casper.
Hofstra is one that I believe places serious emphasis on Casper as they require it for their BS/MD program too.
No coincidence that everyone with an interview so far has been 4Q.
question re the definition of “ties”
i know for Florida, my ties are strong (i was born and raised in FL, was a resident of the state up until a year ago, went to public HS, mom, dad, aunt, uncles all still live there)
do ties have to be that level to count?
for NY, my mom was born and raised in NY. My grandma, aunt and cousin all live there still. my mom and grandma both went to med school in NY and my grandma worked there until she had a stroke back in 2009ish. i visit NY often bc she is my one living grandparent (and a huge inspiration along w my mom for me as women in medicine)
idk maybe tmi but like i’m confused on like what constitutes a tie to a state?
i know for Florida, my ties are strong (i was born and raised in FL, was a resident of the state up until a year ago, went to public HS, mom, dad, aunt, uncles all still live there)
do ties have to be that level to count?
for NY, my mom was born and raised in NY. My grandma, aunt and cousin all live there still. my mom and grandma both went to med school in NY and my grandma worked there until she had a stroke back in 2009ish. i visit NY often bc she is my one living grandparent (and a huge inspiration along w my mom for me as women in medicine)
idk maybe tmi but like i’m confused on like what constitutes a tie to a state?
I have a 4th quartile Casper but no II, so I’m not sure that’s entirely true. However, I don’t have ties to NY, so that could be holding me back from an IIAll I know is I'm going to explode if schools continue to place so much weight on Casper.
Hofstra is one that I believe places serious emphasis on Casper as they require it for their BS/MD program too.
No coincidence that everyone with an interview so far has been 4Q.
I would personally consider those ties if you mentioned them in your essays. Otherwise, adcoms wouldn’t knowquestion re the definition of “ties”
i know for Florida, my ties are strong (i was born and raised in FL, was a resident of the state up until a year ago, went to public HS, mom, dad, aunt, uncles all still live there)
do ties have to be that level to count?
for NY, my mom was born and raised in NY. My grandma, aunt and cousin all live there still. my mom and grandma both went to med school in NY and my grandma worked there until she had a stroke back in 2009ish. i visit NY often bc she is my one living grandparent (and a huge inspiration along w my mom for me as women in medicine)
idk maybe tmi but like i’m confused on like what constitutes a tie to a state?
I have two friends who received interviews this morning as well with a 3Q and 1Q casperAll I know is I'm going to explode if schools continue to place so much weight on Casper.
Hofstra is one that I believe places serious emphasis on Casper as they require it for their BS/MD program too.
No coincidence that everyone with an interview so far has been 4Q.
Well, I don't want to discourage anyone from applying. Would still shoot your shot of course.interesting, i think ill just save myself from applying here then
That is very encouraging news 🙂I have two friends who received interviews this morning as well with a 3Q and 1Q casper
Yeah I’m hoping I get a chance to interview even though I’m from the SouthThe fact that there was not a single applicant that matriculated from the south last year worries me.
sameYeah I’m hoping I get a chance to interview even though I’m from the South
II (at 9:10 AM), IS, LM 72-73 (not sure), 3rd Q CASPer, completed 7/24
No II hereAnybody with LM>80 get an II?
Careful-Classroom
Full Member
I guess I'm technically not >80 but nothing here eitherAnybody with LM>80 get an II?
MA resident LM 79, 4Q, Complete 7/18 haven't heard anything since
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Yep I did earlier yday morningAnybody with LM>80 get an II?
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
No ties to NY. Southwest state residency.I went to school in NY and am now in NYC for my gap year. My state of residency is in the west though. Also I'm 4th Q casper for what it matters
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
Had no ties to NY so I think it depends more on your "why ZSOM" aspect more! Just anecdotal thoughI have a 4th quartile Casper but no II, so I’m not sure that’s entirely true. However, I don’t have ties to NY, so that could be holding me back from an II
Well, guess I'm finished. Still waiting on my score but I know I absolutely bombed that thing, lolAll I know is I'm going to explode if schools continue to place so much weight on Casper.
Hofstra is one that I believe places serious emphasis on Casper as they require it for their BS/MD program too.
No coincidence that everyone with an interview so far has been 4Q.
luckydumpling
New Member
II yesterday! complete 7/30, 2Q Casper, LM 76
medapplying531
New Member
Currently working on the Why Us essay and having some difficulty. Apart from the research and curriculum, are there other opportunities that you all are talking about? Any insight from current applications or students would be very helpful. Browsing through their website, I was unable to find any significant community service opportunities besides the free clinic.
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
OOS Il. LM 75.5, 4Q Casper, Complete 7/19 (Southwest Resident)
Arbiter604
Full Member
OOS II, LM 74.9, 4Q Casper, Complete 7/14
D
deleted1148226
OOS II, LM 80.5, 4Q Casper, Complete 7/19
onwardsandupwards468
Full Member
Congrats everyone! Hoping to join you but I was complete 7/8 so I might be out of luck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BRO LOOK AT YOU RIZZ LETS GOOOOOOOSII LM84 7/17