2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke to someone in admissions who said this year’s process has been uncharacteristically slow. They have only taken about 60 ppl off of the WL; whereas, last year they would have already accepted 200 ppl from WL by now. They are thinking that the class is about full now, but they said they thought that last week before more spots opened. I wish that they had been more upfront in their communication in the past months, but it sounds like admissions is genuinely surprised themselves at how things have played out. Apparently there are a lot of people still on the WL, so maybe knowing that this has been a frustrating situation for most will make it feel less personal.
I had to remove my name off the WL, but I sincerely hope those of you waiting see more movement. Manifesting good things for you guys!
thanks for the info. may i ask how you reached them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I spoke to someone in admissions who said this year’s process has been uncharacteristically slow. They have only taken about 60 ppl off of the WL; whereas, last year they would have already accepted 200 ppl from WL by now. They are thinking that the class is about full now, but they said they thought that last week before more spots opened. I wish that they had been more upfront in their communication in the past months, but it sounds like admissions is genuinely surprised themselves at how things have played out. Apparently there are a lot of people still on the WL, so maybe knowing that this has been a frustrating situation for most will make it feel less personal.
I had to remove my name off the WL, but I sincerely hope those of you waiting see more movement. Manifesting good things for you guys!
dang, this is discouraging

thanks for the info. may i ask how you reached them?
I called the number. After days of trying with no luck, someone finally picked up. Figured most don’t get through, so I just asked a lot of questions while I had them.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called the number. After days of trying with no luck, someone finally picked up. Figured most don’t get through, so I just asked a lot of questions while I had them.
200 or 100 people? Who did you speak to in admissions? Holding onto last hope:cryi:

Anyone know from other years if they saw someone come from the waitlist during orientation and the first week of school?

Anyone know from other years if they saw someone come from the waitlist during orientation and the first week of school?
a student came off the waitlist the day of orientation in my class. She lived in Maryland and was able to drive the same day to join us. They will call the day of orientation for people who live nearby to DC should there be any no-shows at orientation

Well, I have to CTE to another school by today, so assuming if nothing crazy happens today, I will be withdrawing from the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone still waiting! 🙏

is anyone else withdrawing from the list or is howard most of our only hope at this point?

Send to general admin email and I’d cc Ms. Williams
Unless if admissions replied to my spam, they never got back to my letter of intent email I sent at the end of April. It’s the past now, but it would have been nice to receive an email. Anyways, best of luck to everyone this upcoming school year 😪