2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never got an interview invite or a rejection after completing my secondary application. Does Howard not send rejections?
Same. Is Howard still giving out interview invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can confirm, I called today and was told they are waiting til the end of the month to hear back for financial aid packages, and they are "likely" to give some interviews in June. If you haven't received an official rejection, you're still in the running.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
hope this doesn’t sound dumb, but, would it hurt to send an update letter/letter of intent if you haven’t received an interview or rejection? i know it’s about to be time for the next cycle (which i plan on applying) but didn’t know if it’d be worth a shot lol

hope this doesn’t sound dumb, but, would it hurt to send an update letter/letter of intent if you haven’t received an interview or rejection? i know it’s about to be time for the next cycle (which i plan on applying) but didn’t know if it’d be worth a shot lol
Why not? Just 5 minutes to do so and you never know.

Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
You got nothing to lose so I'd send

• Care
Do y'all know if Howard considers a graduate gpa for the cumulative gpa. I got a masters in health education.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent one on 4/22. Unlike all previous conversations I had with them, they didn't write back to confirm receipt. 😔
Do they typically confirm they received an update or continued interest letter for each email? I’ve sent several update emails but have only received one confirmed email response.

Do they typically confirm they received an update or continued interest letter for each email? I’ve sent several update emails but have only received one confirmed email response.
i sent one a few months ago and received a confirmation that it was added to my file

Are they still interviewing or is this cycle done?
from my understanding, they may send out a few more interview invites in June? but i think it depends on the WL, how many CTE, withdrawal their A, etc. someone correct me if im wrong haha

Is Howard the only option for some or are you all on other waitlists as well if you don't mind me asking?

Is Howard the only option for some or are you all on other waitlists as well if you don't mind me asking?
Are you an undercover adcom if you don't mind me asking? Lol only Howard

• Haha
I was recently accepted off of the WL for this cycle. Would someone please send me the GroupMe link? OOS and I want to look at apartments ASAP while I'm attending second look next week. Thanks so much in advance!

I was recently accepted off of the WL for this cycle. Would someone please send me the GroupMe link? OOS and I want to look at apartments ASAP while I'm attending second look next week. Thanks so much in advance!
damn big congrats!!! when you get off the WL

For those who have received an acceptance, is there any chance you can let us know when you receive your financial aid package from Howard? That way we get a better idea of when the big WL movement is likely to begin.

Reactions: 2 users
Feeling a bit worried and sad about the lack of WL movement and kinda just not knowing if I will get in or not. Really hoping to hear some news soon.

Withdrawing from my spot on the WL! Good luck to everyone, I know yall are gonna make great doctors!!

Reactions: 4 users
When is the last day to be taken off the waitlist ? And How do you know there are no more interviews?

I got an email saying they are no longer extending interview dates for this class.
When is the last day to be taken off the waitlist ? And How do you know there are no more interviews?

sounds like more people committed than they expected. Doesn't give good hope for WL movement either

sounds like more people committed than they expected. Doesn't give good hope for WL movement either
It could also mean they have a sizeable amount of people on the waitlist they plan to accept, so there's less of a need for additional interviews. *Trying to keep hope alive!!!*

got the same email about interviews. do they send rejection emails too?

Received the email today about ending interviews for this cycle. I take it as a soft rejection honestly and I feel like If I apply early next cycle I'll have a good shot. Congrats to everyone else and good luck to everyone who still have hope! See all my fellow re-applicants for the next cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody else not receive the email about no new interview invites?

That probably is the rejection email then.
I haven't either. But I mean if they're sending out official emails saying no more interview invites then I guess it's no more. 😭

Withdrew from the WL today. Praying you guys see some movement soon! And to those who didn't get an invite or acceptance this cycle, keep grinding! Y'all got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Received my R email. See you all in the next application cycle. Let’s keep fighting for our dreams. 💛

• Love
Is there anyone who have not received an interview or a R yet?

Reactions: 4 users