You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Howard
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
strawberrychai
New Member
Just received an offer off the waitlist!
preMedWarrior7
New Member
Yea idk, I’m still hoping they’re just unorganized. Imma try to call again but they just never answer.So is this “big movement” still gonna happen or… did more people commit to Howard than expected this year? 😭
preMedWarrior7
New Member
You mind telling your Lizzy score?Just received an offer off the waitlist!
Just received an offer off the waitlist!
Congratulations!! do you mind sharing stats?
preMedWarrior7
New Member
Just got accepted off the WL!!
spirited wildflower
Full Member
Congratulations!Just got accepted off the WL!!
What’s your Lizzy score? If you don’t mind sharing.Just got accepted off the WL!!
preMedWarrior7
New Member
69
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got accepted, did they sent you guys the academic calendar for the 24-25 year or the important dates (orientation, first day of classes, white coat ceremony, etc). It would be good to know for those still on the WL! 🙏🏾
M1 orientation July 10-16For those who got accepted, did they sent you guys the academic calendar for the 24-25 year or the important dates (orientation, first day of classes, white coat ceremony, etc). It would be good to know for those still on the WL! 🙏🏾
First day of class July 17
Short white coat ceremony July 19
Mormedicine
New Member
Has anyone been able to reach the office? I know some people tried to leave a vm. Did the office follow up with you?
Keep encouraged!! After June 12 maybe get a little more worried but we can still get in if orientation hasn't started. What is everyone on the WL doing to cope?
medicine.howard.edu
Dates & Deadlines | Howard University College of Medicine
DrCat0316
New Member
I wouldn’t lose hope. 2 weeks ago, the accepted FB group had 134 members, and the total number of accepted members from HUCM’s previous classes had approximately 160-170 members. This must mean that there are more seats to be filled imo. I do not think the big wave of WL movement has happened yet. The question is if accepted members received their FA package and if HUCM may have extended their date to rescind offers (06/12 to another date).So is it over for us on the waitlist? 🙂↕️ The Facebook group is only at 113 so I’m going to continue to be hopeful.
That could be possible. Thank you for this.I wouldn’t lose hope. 2 weeks ago, the accepted FB group had 134 members, and the total number of accepted members from HUCM’s previous classes had approximately 160-170 members. This must mean that there are more seats to be filled imo. I do not think the big wave of WL movement has happened yet. The question is if accepted members received their FA package and if HUCM may have extended their date to rescind offers (06/12 to another date).
DrCat0316
New Member
I just came off the waitlist this Monday afternoon. I am incredibly happy at the moment! I’ve been waiting for this day since I applied. God is great!!!!
My LizzyM score was a 62.50 (won’t give any more metrics) but I had a lot of volunteer, research, and clinical experience! I hope you all come off the waitlist too!
My LizzyM score was a 62.50 (won’t give any more metrics) but I had a lot of volunteer, research, and clinical experience! I hope you all come off the waitlist too!
Congrats!I just came off the waitlist this Monday afternoon. I am incredibly happy at the moment! I’ve been waiting for this day since I applied. God is great!!!!
My lizzyM score was a 62.50 (won’t give any more metrics) but I had a lot of volunteer, research, and clinical experience! I hope you all come off the waitlist too!
jack lock
Full Member
big congrats!!! if there is a groupme or sum group chat, has there other ppl being accepted off the waitlist? any info on the # of students so far that are matriculatingI just came off the waitlist this Monday afternoon. I am incredibly happy at the moment! I’ve been waiting for this day since I applied. God is great!!!!
My lizzyM score was a 62.50 (won’t give any more metrics) but I had a lot of volunteer, research, and clinical experience! I hope you all come off the waitlist too!
lovelylotus
New Member
I was wondering the same thing. From what I was told by admissions, accepted students received their FA packages last week. Anyone know if they have extended the date to rescind offers?I wouldn’t lose hope. 2 weeks ago, the accepted FB group had 134 members, and the total number of accepted members from HUCM’s previous classes had approximately 160-170 members. This must mean that there are more seats to be filled imo. I do not think the big wave of WL movement has happened yet. The question is if accepted members received their FA package and if HUCM may have extended their date to rescind offers (06/12 to another date).
Wow! Congrats man.I just came off the waitlist this Monday afternoon. I am incredibly happy at the moment! I’ve been waiting for this day since I applied. God is great!!!!
My lizzyM score was a 62.50 (won’t give any more metrics) but I had a lot of volunteer, research, and clinical experience! I hope you all come off the waitlist too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DrCat0316
New Member
I have received FA offer yet, and i don’t think they extended the date to rescind offers.I was wondering the same thing. From what I was told by admissions, accepted students received their FA packages last week. Anyone know if they have extended the date to rescind offers?
DrCat0316
New Member
No info on # students matriculating or if students are accepted off the waitlist. Nobody mentions them being accepted off WLbig congrats!!! if there is a groupme or sum group chat, has there other ppl being accepted off the waitlist? any info on the # of students so far that are matriculating
Thanks for the information. Sure wish we could get some type of word from them.
No info on # students matriculating or if students are accepted off the waitlist. Nobody mentions them being accepted off WL
FutureDocJ_
New Member
Is there a groupme for accepted students? If there is, can someone please send me the link? Thanks
Jakefromstatefarm2059
Full Member
Is it time to lose hope for the WL?
How many of us even are there still waiting?Is it time to lose hope for the WL?
spirited wildflower
Full Member
MeHow many of us even are there still waiting?
I’m not completely sure how it works but I don’t think anyone will actually get a rejection until after orientation.Has anyone received an ejection yet from the waitlist?
jack lock
Full Member
They just teasing everyone. Unless they have no admin or upperclassmen in the fb group, yall have a chanceI wish they stopped giving WL applicants a false sense of security, they almost guarantee everyone at their events that they’ll eventually get off and it’s quite misleading
D
deleted1100571
+1 pre-II R
Mormedicine
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Manifesting some acceptances this week 🙏i may be reaching for a pattern here but so far all of the WL acceptances in this thread have been on a monday, except for the most recent someone got in last tuesday (6/18). so maybe good news today?
anybody hear anything?
lovelylotus
New Member
I spoke to someone in admissions who said this year’s process has been uncharacteristically slow. They have only taken about 60 ppl off of the WL; whereas, last year they would have already accepted 200 ppl from WL by now. They are thinking that the class is about full now, but they said they thought that last week before more spots opened. I wish that they had been more upfront in their communication in the past months, but it sounds like admissions is genuinely surprised themselves at how things have played out. Apparently there are a lot of people still on the WL, so maybe knowing that this has been a frustrating situation for most will make it feel less personal.
I had to remove my name off the WL, but I sincerely hope those of you waiting see more movement. Manifesting good things for you guys!
I had to remove my name off the WL, but I sincerely hope those of you waiting see more movement. Manifesting good things for you guys!
thanks for the info. may i ask how you reached them?I spoke to someone in admissions who said this year’s process has been uncharacteristically slow. They have only taken about 60 ppl off of the WL; whereas, last year they would have already accepted 200 ppl from WL by now. They are thinking that the class is about full now, but they said they thought that last week before more spots opened. I wish that they had been more upfront in their communication in the past months, but it sounds like admissions is genuinely surprised themselves at how things have played out. Apparently there are a lot of people still on the WL, so maybe knowing that this has been a frustrating situation for most will make it feel less personal.
I had to remove my name off the WL, but I sincerely hope those of you waiting see more movement. Manifesting good things for you guys!