2023-2024 Illinois

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm not completely sure, but during my interview, they mentioned that their process is different. My application was complete on 9/20, and I received an II on 10/4. One detail I remember is that they emphasized the importance of your essays aligning with their mission.

Oh damn that’s a quick turn around what were ur stats
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my primary application on time but never received an email where they acknowledge receipt of my primary application? Is that normal for the school?
 
I submitted my primary application on time but never received an email where they acknowledge receipt of my primary application? Is that normal for the school?
Your primary or your secondary? If you got a secondary, when you submit it and the required stuff you should have gotten an email that says your application is complete. They do screen for eligibility for who gets a secondary, but I am not sure what the criteria is.
 
Your primary or your secondary? If you got a secondary, when you submit it and the required stuff you should have gotten an email that says your application is complete. They do screen for eligibility for who gets a secondary, but I am not sure what the criteria is.
Hi! No the primary application. I added the school recently but it's been a few weeks. I know they screen for secondaries, so I am waiting, but I didn't receive a "we received your primary, screening for your secondary" type of email from them yet.
 
Hi! No the primary application. I added the school recently but it's been a few weeks. I know they screen for secondaries, so I am waiting, but I didn't receive a "we received your primary, screening for your secondary" type of email from them yet.

What’s ur mcat and gpa
 
Hi! No the primary application. I added the school recently but it's been a few weeks. I know they screen for secondaries, so I am waiting, but I didn't receive a "we received your primary, screening for your secondary" type of email from them yet.
I looked back at my emails and I didn't get any confirmation or anything like that for the primary, only "Thank you for applying to the University of Illinois College of Medicine! We are excited that you have considered us and would like to invite you to complete our secondary application." and all the info that goes along with creating your portal login. Good luck!!!!
 
Hypothetically, today is the 3rd Thursday of the month. "After you’ve completed your interview, your completed evaluation will be presented to the Committee on Admissions (COA) on the third Thursday of each month beginning in October. If your interview falls on this same week, your application may not be reviewed until next month’s meeting."

The site says, "Communications on acceptances and delayed decisions will be sent by the Friday following the COA meeting by 5pm." - meaning we'll here back shortly?
 
Hypothetically, today is the 3rd Thursday of the month. "After you’ve completed your interview, your completed evaluation will be presented to the Committee on Admissions (COA) on the third Thursday of each month beginning in October. If your interview falls on this same week, your application may not be reviewed until next month’s meeting."

The site says, "Communications on acceptances and delayed decisions will be sent by the Friday following the COA meeting by 5pm." - meaning we'll here back shortly?
Seems like As will come out around 5pm tomorrow based on last month/last years threads. Would love something earlier though
 
Sitting here spamming refresh on my email. Doesn't seem like we'll get it today; it would probably be delayed decision anyways lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!! Email just arrived at 3:42!!!
1700516934474.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering about writing a letter of continued interest (pre II). I submitted the first week of September and I know they say on their page if after 6 weeks of nothing, you can send one, but I was wondering if it is worth it if I do not have any major updates. It would just be to say I really want to go to your school and here's why I fit. I am OOS but my dad graduated medical school here and I was born in Peoria. Any thoughts?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering about writing a letter of continued interest (pre II). I submitted the first week of September and I know they say on their page if after 6 weeks of nothing, you can send one, but I was wondering if it is worth it if I do not have any major updates. It would just be to say I really want to go to your school and here's why I fit. I am OOS but my dad graduated medical school here and I was born in Peoria. Any thoughts?
Is it more desirable to you than your other acceptances? Legacy doesn’t have much sway in med school admissions
 
I am wondering about writing a letter of continued interest (pre II). I submitted the first week of September and I know they say on their page if after 6 weeks of nothing, you can send one, but I was wondering if it is worth it if I do not have any major updates. It would just be to say I really want to go to your school and here's why I fit. I am OOS but my dad graduated medical school here and I was born in Peoria. Any thoughts?
It might not necessarily sway their decision, but I really feel that it can't hurt your application. If it is your top choice and it has been months without hearing anything, I'd submit one. You can always speak to smaller more personal updates, i.e. new hobbies, mindset growth, etc., and how it makes you a better fit.