You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
fan_of_minoxidil
Full Member
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get assigned to your preferred campus! Unfortunately, the portal states "Once assigned, site placements are final." There is no possibility to appeal, based on my understanding. 🙁I just got a site assignment to Peoria. Was wondering if anyone knows how I might be able to appeal and switch to Chicago at this point. Is it possible?
When were you accepted and how long did it take to hear regarding campus assignment?
I am an instate applicant with an OOS A from a higher-ranked school, school. I havent gotten an II yet from Illinois so should I send an update letter with my new job an mention the other A?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Illinois or bust
Full Member
Have any EDP accepted students received their campus assignment yet?
premed42568
Full Member
Morning! For those with interviews how long before your interview did you receive the Zoom link and information? My interview is in three days and I haven't received an email containing the interview information. Thanks!
Illinois or bust
Full Member
I received it like the night beforeMorning! For those with interviews how long before your interview did you receive the Zoom link and information? My interview is in three days and I haven't received an email containing the interview information. Thanks!
premed42568
Full Member
Great, thank you!I received it like the night before
Seemed like November was a slow month and next date would be 12/22?Any news as to when acceptances will be released?
whitegoated
Full Member
any IS still patiently waiting for an II? thinking of sending an update letter
Send it if it's been >6 weeks since you completed the secondary. I've been meaning to but just haven't had the time between interviews and working ~50hrs/week.any IS still patiently waiting for an II? thinking of sending an update letter
Last edited:
Send it if it's been >6 months since you completed the secondary. I've been meaning to but just haven't had the time between interviews and working ~50hrs/week.
I was under the impression that > 6 weeks is good to send a letter of interest to them because that’s what it says on their website
I meant weeks, lol. Yes, 6 weeks.I was under the impression that > 6 weeks is good to send a letter of interest to them because that’s what it says on their website
OOS II received.
Completion date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bwxxy
bxxy
7/20.Completion date?
Congrats! What was your LM?OOS II received.
bwxxy
bxxy
73.Congrats! What was your LM?
Student2000!
Full Member
ahh congrats!OOS II received.
mintchocchip
Full Member
i am in the same boat!Anyone interview on 9/13 and still waiting for an update? I got the DD email in late Oct, but nothing since.
Given that UICOM had a slower pace in updating post-interview decisions in November (at least on SDN), possibly due to the holiday season, what's the likelihood that December might follow a similar trend and be comparably slow in terms of decision updates?
Same here except early August.any high stat IS applicant who submitted in july still not hear anything? Losing hope lol
mcattooeasy
Full Member
It wasn't so slow in December last year.Given that UICOM had a slower pace in updating post-interview decisions in November (at least on SDN), possibly due to the holiday season, what's the likelihood that December might follow a similar trend and be comparably slow in terms of decision updates?
vodka_pasta
Full Member
IS II just now! I submitted 7/25 LM 68! Super excited about this one
freefoodfriend
Full Member
Congrats!!IS II just now! I submitted 7/25 LM 68! Super excited about this one
norinori88
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send an update letter before your II?IS II just now! I submitted 7/25 LM 68! Super excited about this one
Jah090
Full Member
IS or OOSII now complete 8/20 Lm 68
IS or OOS
Is
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vodka_pasta
Full Member
I did notCongrats! Did you send an update letter before your II?
D
deleted1174679
Completed back in early July, NO II here. seems unlikely at this point. Sent update last month.
Completed back in early July, NO II here. seems unlikely at this point. Sent update last month.
What’s ur stats
D
deleted1174679
LizzyM 68 ISWhat’s ur stats
July complete dates still got II through March last yearCompleted back in early July, NO II here. seems unlikely at this point. Sent update last month.
Current M1 here. Just to add, I can't say not to worry/be stressed because having been there it's not realistic, but I can provide a data point from my app last year. I was an OOS applicant and complete on July 9th, but received my II in early February, and was ultimately accepted in mid-March. That said, I know it's N=1 and everything, but just wanted to share to give some insight about possible timelines.
And just to be completely honest, while it's still early and if you haven't gotten any acceptances yet, you might want to think about prepping for your re-application if you want to apply again next cycle, but there's still plenty of time and hopefully it doesn't come to that. I was also a reapplicant so I get that whole frustrating deal as well. It's tough, but just make sure that you're always building towards that application.
And just to be completely honest, while it's still early and if you haven't gotten any acceptances yet, you might want to think about prepping for your re-application if you want to apply again next cycle, but there's still plenty of time and hopefully it doesn't come to that. I was also a reapplicant so I get that whole frustrating deal as well. It's tough, but just make sure that you're always building towards that application.
premed42568
Full Member
How are you liking it? I really enjoyed the recruitment/interview day!Current M1 here. Just to add, I can't say not to worry/be stressed because having been there it's not realistic, but I can provide a data point from my app last year. I was an OOS applicant and complete on July 9th, but received my II in early February, and was ultimately accepted in mid-March. That said, I know it's N=1 and everything, but just wanted to share to give some insight about possible timelines.
And just to be completely honest, while it's still early and if you haven't gotten any acceptances yet, you might want to think about prepping for your re-application if you want to apply again next cycle, but there's still plenty of time and hopefully it doesn't come to that. I was also a reapplicant so I get that whole frustrating deal as well. It's tough, but just make sure that you're always building towards that application.
Overall I'm pretty happy here. I feel like we've had the resources to do well on our exams and the overall vibe has been supportive so far. The preclincal grading being P/F is also really nice, just so I don't have to stress about exactly what percentile or whatever I end up getting. Of course, there are some things I wish were a little different (e.g. we don't get to see the questions we missed post-exam, could do with a little fewer in-person sessions -- although most lectures are optional, but usually there are a few every week that are mandatory), but ultimately I feel like I made a good decision choosing UIC.How are you liking it? I really enjoyed the recruitment/interview day!
Do we think decisions will come out tomorrow? The third Friday of the month is tomorrow, but the third Thursday is next week. Wondering which one they go by
Do we think decisions will come out tomorrow? The third Friday of the month is tomorrow, but the third Thursday is next week. Wondering which one they go by
Next Friday. They meet to make decisions on the 3rd Thursday and then release decisions the next day.
premed42568
Full Member
So friends, do we think we will be hearing back on Friday? That would be the best Christmas gift ever!
fan_of_minoxidil
Full Member
Anyone know when second look is?
I would think that they are releasing decisions on Friday. Third Thursday is the 21st!So friends, do we think we will be hearing back on Friday? That would be the best Christmas gift ever!
Just heard from the Admissions Office. You can assume you are delayed decision if you do not receive any email. They will meet Thursday and send out decisions on Friday by 5pm. They may even send some Monday/Tuesday! If you don't hear back then, they will re-review your application the following month on the third Thursday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed42568
Full Member
Oh wow! So they are meeting this Thursday still?!Just heard from the Admissions Office. You can assume you are delayed decision if you do not receive any email. They will meet Thursday and send out decisions on Friday by 5pm. They may even send some Monday/Tuesday! If you don't hear back then, they will re-review your application the following month on the third Thursday.
PartyPigeon101
Full Member
Wow, Monday? As in an actual Christmas present?🎄🎅Just heard from the Admissions Office. You can assume you are delayed decision if you do not receive any email. They will meet Thursday and send out decisions on Friday by 5pm. They may even send some Monday/Tuesday! If you don't hear back then, they will re-review your application the following month on the third Thursday.
abstractpainter
Full Member
Do yall think we will hear back this Friday if we interviewed first week of december?
Just received the A via e-mail. Wishing everyone good luck! 🙂