2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those that scheduled tours, any sort of confirmation that was sent out before the selected date?

To those that scheduled tours, any sort of confirmation that was sent out before the selected date?
Yeah you get a confirmation email shortly before the date. Anne Snyder will email and ask you how many guests youā€™re bringing + details on how to get to the location/park.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here either. I was told to expect an answer by March 15th. Interviewed on January 24th.

Ok, that sounds like what they told me. I interviewed the 26th so right around the same time. So anxious

I interviewed on the 23rd and still nothing, but people from the 29th have found out already so Iā€™m very confused

I think this week is MSUCOMā€™s spring break so we probably wonā€™t hear anything this week

Reactions: 2 users
For any current student at MSUCOM, what's the dating culture like amongst students? Is everyone too busy with studying, or do hook-ups and things like that happen?

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently got an A !! OOS. Can anyone send me a link to the group chat?:D Thank you in advance!

Recently got an A !! OOS. Can anyone send me a link to the group chat?:D Thank you in advance!
check your dms!
If anyone hasn't heard from me, has been accepted, and would like the gm and facebook links, please reach out to me. Also COM is on break this week so keep your eyes out after break for more decisions. Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
check your dms. If anyone hasn't heard from me, has been accepted, and would like the gm and facebook links, please reach out to me. Also COM is on break this week so keep your eyes out after break for more decisions. Good luck everyone!!
Definitely no decisions this week?

Definitely no decisions this week?
Don't quote me because i have nothing to do w admissions but usually when we go on break admin does too? I could be wrong so keep your eyes out for communications

for those who are waitlisted, does anyone know the best time to submit an update letter/letter of interest? i'm not sure when they re-review waitlisted apps ;/

For any current student at MSUCOM, what's the dating culture like amongst students? Is everyone too busy with studying, or do hook-ups and things like that happen?

Bruh . You trynna have a baby in med school? That could have been a good question to ask during your interview or email Lyman. What you think?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed in November, got waitlisted in December, and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sending my letter of interest today, but has anyone had a similar experience?

check your dms!
If anyone hasn't heard from me, has been accepted, and would like the gm and facebook links, please reach out to me. Also COM is on break this week so keep your eyes out after break for more decisions. Good luck everyone!!
Hey! how is it going? IS A, can i get the link as well.

Being in a college town (assuming you go to the EL campus), the dating scene in my personal experience has been great. Maybe a little tough on weeks when you have an exam, but other than that you are free to do whatever you want to do. Tho i would not recommend dating your classmates because that is just awkward. Go Green!!

Last edited:
Hello! I filled out the Google form to attend the EL pre-clerkship tour for this Friday 3/8, but I havenā€™t received any confirmation email or email with information or anything like that. Does anyone have more information on this like where to meet, what to wear, etc?

If theyā€™re still making IIs this week, then that definitely opens up the possibility of more acceptances being sent out right?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an OOS II rn and declined! Was complete first week of July 2023

Reactions: 1 users
IS A šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ interviewed 01/23, I feel over the moon rn itā€™s my first IS A

Reactions: 15 users
Which days of the week do they usually send out IIā€™s? Anyone know when theyā€™ll be sending their last wave of IIs?

Interviewed 1/23 and havenā€™t heard anything šŸ« šŸ«  fml

Interviewed 1/23 and havenā€™t heard anything šŸ« šŸ«  fml
Donā€™t lost hope yet, they made my call pretty later on. They could still make a call tomorrow maybe they just werenā€™t finished yet

• Care
IS A yesterday, but will be dropping my spot. Best of luck to everyone and hope the WL gets moving soon!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Tbh iā€™m just gonna take it as a WL or rejection for me lol they woulda reached out by now :ā€™)
Aw we donā€™t know that yet! Itā€™s not over until itā€™s over lol. Admissions told me adcoms were super swamped and thatā€™s why thereā€™s a delay. Time will tellā€¦

Has anybody gotten off the waitlist or do you think they're waiting for the April 30th deadline?

IS R just now! Had my interview 1/30. I was on the first tier WL last year so this is super disappointing. But good luck to you guys!

Is MSU COM graded pass/fail or A-F?
I believe it's p/f with an internal quart/quintile ranking system. They told us at the campus visit that everyone can place in the top quintile (no quotas for each tier) so it's a more cooperative environment