2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Canadian Applicant (LM score: 75)

Received A call on Mar 7th, got the email on March 8th (I was surprised because I thought admissions was closed was on March break)

Interview invite: Jan 19th

Interviewed: Jan 29th

Can someone please send a link for the accepted students group chat? Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
hello. I am an OOS candidate and I interviewed on March 4th. I have heard that post II acceptance rate for MSU is pretty high for OOS candidates. Is this true? Just want to reassure myself because I feel like I knocked the interview out of the park and MSUCOM is my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
what are the interviews like
Laid back and closed file meaning they know nothing about you. This may have been one of the most laid back interviews I had, I really had no basic interview questions from the interviewer it was more specifics about things I have done (research, sports, mission trips I brought up t/o).

I received an interview here coming up in a week; since submitting my application I’ve grown increasingly interested in their DO/PhD program and believe that I’d have the requisite experiences/aptitude to succeed in it. Is it possible to request additional consideration for the DO/PhD program? Would I request this before or after my interview for regular DO?

I received an interview here coming up in a week; since submitting my application I’ve grown increasingly interested in their DO/PhD program and believe that I’d have the requisite experiences/aptitude to succeed in it. Is it possible to request additional consideration for the DO/PhD program? Would I request this before or after my interview for regular DO?
maybe call or email admissions and ask them for advice

Declining my acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard back since my waitlist in December. Should I call/email them? 😭

oos, turned down my interview hopefully it goes to one of you. good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone else on the WL been getting the emails about info sessions from the admissions email? gives me a heart attack every time :rofl:

• Haha
Has anyone waited longer than 6 weeks post interview for a result? This is my 6th week and still no response

any II at this point? Nothing but silence since i submitted in Oct :/

Has anyone waited longer than 6 weeks post interview for a result? This is my 6th week and still no response
when i interviewed here she literally told us: "you'll hear back when you hear back" - i think it is what it is and the class is probably filled until april 1st

when i interviewed here she literally told us: "you'll hear back when you hear back" - i think it is what it is and the class is probably filled until april 1st
Oh that's weird, at my interview they said you'll hear back in 4 weeks. And when I called, they said it's usually 4-6 weeks

I know MSU calls first usually for A's. What number do they use? Is it the one on our AACOMAS profile?

its a 517 number, which is the area code for east Lansing. that's all I know
Sorry, should've been clearer. I meant the applicant's number. So do they get my number from my AACOMAS profile. Just a little worried because I got a new number and I added it as an alternate number on my AACOMAS, but not sure if they'll try both.

Sorry, should've been clearer. I meant the applicant's number. So do they get my number from my AACOMAS profile. Just a little worried because I got a new number and I added it as an alternate number on my AACOMAS, but not sure if they'll try both.
Hahaha all good, yes it should be the number you used on the application as primary contact, which is the one from AACOMAS.

Pre II REJECTION CANADIAN. on my birthday?? Really MSUCOM? Couldn’t have done it yesterday?😫

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, does anyone know what to do in terms of living? I went apartment touring and it seems that every apartment complex I toured starts leasing in August and msucom starts in July. I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page, but msucom has mandatory in person lectures and attendance right? I’d be looking to commute from about an hour and 10 mins away so I wanna make sure ik how many days or so I’d have to drive to EL.