2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In last threads they said the masters students don’t get interviewed until April
I hate that part like why wait till the class is full to interview the people who donated 60k ugh.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They said masters so i assumed they meant that one lol
MHS students would already know the timeline of when their interviews are going to be. Their applications are expedited near the end of the masters program.

Reactions: 1 user
Ms. Dixon is back so hopefully some movement will happen today

Reactions: 3 users

Yeah but that’s because i emailed her last week so she was just responding.

I’m a masters student. It’s not..
I graduated MHS. It definitely is unless they recently changed it just last year. The program is a linkage one, spots are saved for students in their respective program (Dent/Med) and if you don’t get interviewed because you didn’t do well in the program/make your scores or act unprofessionally etc then that spot is no longer saved, you get waitlisted, and it’s up for grabs for regular applicants.

I graduated MHS. It definitely is unless they recently changed it just last year. The program is a linkage one, spots are saved for students in their respective program (Dent/Med) and if you don’t get interviewed because you didn’t do well in the program/make your scores or act unprofessionally etc then that spot is no longer saved, you get waitlisted, and it’s up for grabs for regular applicants.
Yeah a lot got changed last year man they were talking about even discontinuing the masters itself .

Yeah a lot got changed last year man they were talking about even discontinuing the masters itself .
Yea if it’s not linkage anymore it makes it a useless program. No one wants to pay 60k and grind for a year with no good opportunity for ROI by gettin into med/dent school. It’s was a bad move to not move it back to an in person program after Covid.

Yea if it’s not linkage anymore it makes it a useless program. No one wants to pay 60k and grind for a year with no good opportunity for ROI by gettin into med/dent school. It’s was a bad move to not move it back to an in person program after Covid.
I thought it was going to be. Stayed virtual. A lot of us who made the deans list didn’t get a spot. They told us at the end of the year that the class was full and we would interview for waitlist spots. I only know 3 people who actually got in Wish I did a direct linkage. I think matriculation rate for your year went down from the 90% rate to like 40% and mines prob even lower

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it was going to be. Stayed virtual. A lot of us who made the deans list didn’t get a spot. They told us at the end of the year that the class was full and we would interview for waitlist spots. I only know 3 people who actually got in Wish I did a direct linkage. I think matriculation rate for your year went down from the 90% rate to like 40% and mines prob even lower
My year was 2020, but I know some of the MHS students that made it from last year. They need to get rid of the program if it’s not linkage anymore. That’s awful

My year was 2020, but I know some of the MHS students that made it from last year. They need to get rid of the program if it’s not linkage anymore. That’s awful
Do possibly have an estimate of the percentage of MHS students that matriculate into the Med School? I wonder why they are thinking of eliminating the linkage :confused:

Do possibly have an estimate of the percentage of MHS students that matriculate into the Med School? I wonder why they are thinking of eliminating the linkage :confused:
It’s usually upwards of 90%. It moved to online a couple of years ago due to Covid whereas before it was an in person program. It being online may have something to do with it. The point of the program is it basically being a year long interview for students. If they’re online that becomes impossible essentially. There’s really no point in keeping the program if it’s online. I’m not sure why they didn’t move it back to in person.

I have been under review since December. Would really LOVE some movement here… Anyone know when the next movement will happen?

Sorry if this has already been asked but when does Meharry usually stop sending out II? I saw on last year's thread they were sending some II out on April 24...

Does Meharry admissions accept phone calls?! Also, for those that interviewed did y’all send a letter of intent afterwards?

Does Meharry send an official under review email? I was told it was still under review via email b/c I asked what my status was, but I haven’t gotten an official receipt of “Under Review” if that makes sense…

i honestly give up with Meharry. what a shame.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
R just now, didn't submit secondary

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Just got an R even though I never submitted a secondary 😂 like Meharry what?

• Haha
  • Wow
Just got an R even though I never submitted a secondary like Meharry what?

If you submit a primary, they’ll reject you still. This happened to me with certain schools i never submitted a secondary for.

Are these post interview rejections or pre interview rejections they’re sending out ?

Reactions: 6 users
Are these post interview rejections or pre interview rejections they’re sending out ?
That's what I want to know! I've been complete with Meharry since late August and haven't heard a word since!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone gotten any "under review" emails recently?

I am sorry. did you ever get a secondary ?
sorry i could have been more clear -- i got a secondary but didn't submit it, so it was an expected R
prob doesn't correlate with anyone who was complete

So it sounds like they met this week? Idk it sounds like they have rejection waves often but I feel like there’s rarely II waves

Reactions: 2 users
I need something here. literally any correspondence would be great

Has anyone tried to reach out to Ms. Dixon or the admissions office since she has been back?

would also like to know if anyone has talked to admissions lately and know anything of value for us

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully, there will be some kind of II wave happening this week.

Reactions: 5 users
Black History Month closing out and this is what we get 😔 nothing

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users