2023-2024 Meharry

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a masters student. It’s not..
I graduated MHS. It definitely is unless they recently changed it just last year. The program is a linkage one, spots are saved for students in their respective program (Dent/Med) and if you don’t get interviewed because you didn’t do well in the program/make your scores or act unprofessionally etc then that spot is no longer saved, you get waitlisted, and it’s up for grabs for regular applicants.
 
I graduated MHS. It definitely is unless they recently changed it just last year. The program is a linkage one, spots are saved for students in their respective program (Dent/Med) and if you don’t get interviewed because you didn’t do well in the program/make your scores or act unprofessionally etc then that spot is no longer saved, you get waitlisted, and it’s up for grabs for regular applicants.
Yeah a lot got changed last year man they were talking about even discontinuing the masters itself .
 
Yeah a lot got changed last year man they were talking about even discontinuing the masters itself .
Yea if it’s not linkage anymore it makes it a useless program. No one wants to pay 60k and grind for a year with no good opportunity for ROI by gettin into med/dent school. It’s was a bad move to not move it back to an in person program after Covid.
 
Yea if it’s not linkage anymore it makes it a useless program. No one wants to pay 60k and grind for a year with no good opportunity for ROI by gettin into med/dent school. It’s was a bad move to not move it back to an in person program after Covid.
I thought it was going to be. Stayed virtual. A lot of us who made the deans list didn’t get a spot. They told us at the end of the year that the class was full and we would interview for waitlist spots. I only know 3 people who actually got in Wish I did a direct linkage. I think matriculation rate for your year went down from the 90% rate to like 40% and mines prob even lower
 
I thought it was going to be. Stayed virtual. A lot of us who made the deans list didn’t get a spot. They told us at the end of the year that the class was full and we would interview for waitlist spots. I only know 3 people who actually got in Wish I did a direct linkage. I think matriculation rate for your year went down from the 90% rate to like 40% and mines prob even lower
My year was 2020, but I know some of the MHS students that made it from last year. They need to get rid of the program if it’s not linkage anymore. That’s awful
 
My year was 2020, but I know some of the MHS students that made it from last year. They need to get rid of the program if it’s not linkage anymore. That’s awful
Do possibly have an estimate of the percentage of MHS students that matriculate into the Med School? I wonder why they are thinking of eliminating the linkage 😕
 
Do possibly have an estimate of the percentage of MHS students that matriculate into the Med School? I wonder why they are thinking of eliminating the linkage 😕
It’s usually upwards of 90%. It moved to online a couple of years ago due to Covid whereas before it was an in person program. It being online may have something to do with it. The point of the program is it basically being a year long interview for students. If they’re online that becomes impossible essentially. There’s really no point in keeping the program if it’s online. I’m not sure why they didn’t move it back to in person.
 
Sorry if this has already been asked but when does Meharry usually stop sending out II? I saw on last year's thread they were sending some II out on April 24...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Meharry admissions accept phone calls?! Also, for those that interviewed did y’all send a letter of intent afterwards?
 
Does Meharry send an official under review email? I was told it was still under review via email b/c I asked what my status was, but I haven’t gotten an official receipt of “Under Review” if that makes sense…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad