2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if any pre-interview rejections went out

I’m wondering if literally anyone has heard anything at all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give tips/ insight on the MMI interview ? Esp for those that did it this cycle

Im feeling good things coming y'all it’s Black History Month!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
I have not received an under review email..should I be concerned? I submitted by secondary in september and sent an update email last month (they confirmed receipt of my update letter)

I have not received an under review email..should I be concerned? I submitted by secondary in september and sent an update email last month (they confirmed receipt of my update letter)
My exact situation. I tried to call and email about if I should’ve received an under review email but naturally, they didn’t answer

I am in the same boat as you...never received an under-review email..also submitted my secondary in September and I sent the update letter last week which they confirmed they received!

I am in the same boat as you...never received an under-review email..also submitted my secondary in September and I sent the update letter last week which they confirmed they received!
Same boat as you. I also submitted in september.

What are y’all’s stats? ^ they interview in batches (37 students were in my batch) so im sure that’s why it takes a little longer

Has anyone heard anything about II this month? The last notification I got was reminding me that I’m still under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about II this month? The last notification I got was reminding me that I’m still under review.
When did you get the "under review" email?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how many students are in the “accepted” groupme?

OOS A today! Completed my trad interview yesterday, turn around time was quick. So grateful

Reactions: 11 users
Meharry needs to do better

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone tried to call Admissions to get an update on their file? I know some people think it is taboo to call a med school admissions office but I have no idea what Meharry is up to

Has anyone tried to call Admissions to get an update on their file? I know some people think it is taboo to call a med school admissions office but I have no idea what Meharry is up to
radio silence since submitting secondary in august

• Sad
yea atp i’m gonna call soon. i received the under review email on 12/7 and have not heard from them since.

• Sad
I did this for another school (it was warranted bc my portal said I was supposed to get an answer months ago) and they said the same excuse of ‘it’s busy and we’re understaffed’. I assume meharry will have the same story

• Sad
It’s not just Meharry. I know many schools who have been radio silence throughout the whole cycle.

I’m getting the same exact treatment from Howard too . I wish there was more communication

yea atp i’m gonna call soon. i received the under review email on 12/7 and have not heard from them since.
let us know what they say! I've been under review since December 7th as well

I’ve been calling for weeeeks and I have never been able to get through
Have you tried to contact them through email? I wonder if email works better for them (I know some schools prefer to be contacted by email) but I am not totally sure where Meharry is at with the interviews

Ms Dixon is out of office until 2/15
Does that mean no communication until she’s back? The way meharry is running it really feels like they have one person looking through all the apps by themselves lol

Does that mean no communication until she’s back? The way meharry is running it really feels like they have one person looking through all the apps by themselves lol

If you haven’t received an interview then i believe she handles communication. Even in previous threads, everyone mentioned speaking to Ms. Dixon.

Also, staff meets every Wednesday so that’s probably when new info comes out. Either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

When is interview season wrapped up for Meharry? I’m trying not to get my hopes up on em inviting me 🥲

They go pretty far into the cycle. Into June
okay that’s good! I hope there’s still a strong chance for a II. it’s funny how every school wants to choose this cycle to be behind on applications

I just emailed asking if I was missing anything bc I haven’t gotten a complete or under review email. They said “as of 02/12, you are still under review and no further action is required of you” 😭😭it’s been so many months

I just emailed asking if I was missing anything bc I haven’t gotten a complete or under review email. They said “as of 02/12, you are still under review and no further action is required of you” 😭😭it’s been so many months
I received the same response today as well! So does this count as our “under review” email? 🤪

I received the same response today as well! So does this count as our “under review” email? 🤪
Sure we had to beg for it, but I guess this works 🌚

• Haha
Work so hard through college and some folks do alot of post-graduate work--service--MCAT retakes etc and then still have to hold on for your dear life to get a II ---that may come and may never come--worst thing ever--wish I didnt want to be a doctor so bad --it can be torturing at times and seems like you never get proper notice or appreciation .

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Work so hard through college and some folks do alot of post-graduate work--service--MCAT retakes etc and then still have to hold on for your dear life to get a II ---that may come and may never come--worst thing ever--wish I didnt want to be a doctor so bad --it can be torturing at times and seems like you never get proper notice or appreciation .
Its very discouraging but keep pushing!!!! One day you will be able to be able to call yourself doctor. And you will be darn proud of yourself and your tenacity. And your future patients will notice and appreciate all the hard work you did to be able to treat them!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know what usually sets people apart from being waitlisted vs accepted with Meharry

Completed since 10/11 and did my masters here really hoping . Think it’s too late for an II here?