2023-2024 Meharry

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not received an under review email..should I be concerned? I submitted by secondary in september and sent an update email last month (they confirmed receipt of my update letter)
My exact situation. I tried to call and email about if I should’ve received an under review email but naturally, they didn’t answer
 
I have not received an under review email..should I be concerned? I submitted by secondary in september and sent an update email last month (they confirmed receipt of my update letter)
I am in the same boat as you...never received an under-review email..also submitted my secondary in September and I sent the update letter last week which they confirmed they received!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything about II this month? The last notification I got was reminding me that I’m still under review.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone tried to call Admissions to get an update on their file? I know some people think it is taboo to call a med school admissions office but I have no idea what Meharry is up to
 
Has anyone tried to call Admissions to get an update on their file? I know some people think it is taboo to call a med school admissions office but I have no idea what Meharry is up to
I did this for another school (it was warranted bc my portal said I was supposed to get an answer months ago) and they said the same excuse of ‘it’s busy and we’re understaffed’. I assume meharry will have the same story
 
I’ve been calling for weeeeks and I have never been able to get through
Have you tried to contact them through email? I wonder if email works better for them (I know some schools prefer to be contacted by email) but I am not totally sure where Meharry is at with the interviews
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does that mean no communication until she’s back? The way meharry is running it really feels like they have one person looking through all the apps by themselves lol

If you haven’t received an interview then i believe she handles communication. Even in previous threads, everyone mentioned speaking to Ms. Dixon.

Also, staff meets every Wednesday so that’s probably when new info comes out. Either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.
 
I just emailed asking if I was missing anything bc I haven’t gotten a complete or under review email. They said “as of 02/12, you are still under review and no further action is required of you” 😭😭it’s been so many months
 
Work so hard through college and some folks do alot of post-graduate work--service--MCAT retakes etc and then still have to hold on for your dear life to get a II ---that may come and may never come--worst thing ever--wish I didnt want to be a doctor so bad --it can be torturing at times and seems like you never get proper notice or appreciation .
 
Work so hard through college and some folks do alot of post-graduate work--service--MCAT retakes etc and then still have to hold on for your dear life to get a II ---that may come and may never come--worst thing ever--wish I didnt want to be a doctor so bad --it can be torturing at times and seems like you never get proper notice or appreciation .
Its very discouraging but keep pushing!!!! One day you will be able to be able to call yourself doctor. And you will be darn proud of yourself and your tenacity. And your future patients will notice and appreciate all the hard work you did to be able to treat them!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad