You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Morehouse
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FoxyC
Full Member
open file, 30 min each+1 II OOS!! Does anyone know if it is open file or closed for the one-on-one interviews?
1 with a student
1 with adcom
do you mind sharing how many characters your "Why Morehouse" essay is?
FoxyC
Full Member
do you mind sharing how many characters your "Why Morehouse" essay is?+1 OOS ORM II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FoxyC
Full Member
open file+1 II OOS!! Does anyone know if it is open file or closed for the one-on-one interviews?
spirited wildflower
Full Member
It was 4,191 with spaces!do you mind sharing how many characters your "Why Morehouse" essay is?
Is anyone else here a non trad? I looked at the incoming class and they all look like babies 😭
I am, 26 years old! Don't let it bother you lol, regardless of how old, you will still be a doctor as opposed to not being one in the futureIs anyone else here a non trad? I looked at the incoming class and they all look like babies 😭
Very true. Thanks!I am, 26 years old! Don't let it bother you lol, regardless of how old, you will still be a doctor as opposed to not being one in the future
I'm an old lady over here! 31 yo, married with kids lolIs anyone else here a non trad? I looked at the incoming class and they all look like babies 😭
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
About 4700 w/spaces! hope this helpsdo you mind sharing how many characters your "Why Morehouse" essay is?
FoxyC
Full Member
they do focus on primary care, but i know someone who said he was interested in neurosurgery and he is a current student at MSM. Just tie it back to helping the communityHello! Question: For the second prompt, should we avoid mentioning the other specialty we're interested in, or does it not matter?
it isAnyone know if a 500 mcat is decent enough to atleast get an interview here?
kjohnson02
New Member
hey guys! I got submitted by primary app on 7/28 and still haven't heard back. I accidentally put "No" for the question about taking the PREVIEW exam but I actually take it next week. I sent an email to the admissions office letting them know when I plan to take it, but I haven't heard anything back. Should I call?
I'm just feeling anxious bc people are already getting secondaries and my friend submitted a week before me and got a secondary from Morehouse 3 days later.
I'm just feeling anxious bc people are already getting secondaries and my friend submitted a week before me and got a secondary from Morehouse 3 days later.
Yeah but I doubt it's because of the preview. They usually screen apps for secondaries but could've messed up. Another school I applied to messed up and used my old mcat score instead of my new one. I had to call them to verify if everything was good;they actually DID mess up and apologized for the serious mishap. They are people just like you and me, not perfect. I'll highly suggest you call and find out like I did.hey guys! I got submitted by primary app on 7/28 and still haven't heard back. I accidentally put "No" for the question about taking the PREVIEW exam but I actually take it next week. I sent an email to the admissions office letting them know when I plan to take it, but I haven't heard anything back. Should I call?
I'm just feeling anxious bc people are already getting secondaries and my friend submitted a week before me and got a secondary from Morehouse 3 days later.
Aqua Life
Full Member
Can I ask when you submitted your secondary? Jw, just submitted mine!Nope, regular decision
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aqua Life
Full Member
Can I ask when you submitted your secondary? Also are you ED or RD?+1 II OOS!! Does anyone know if it is open file or closed for the one-on-one interviews?
spirited wildflower
Full Member
I submitted my secondary on July 26th when I received it, and I am regular decision!Can I ask when you submitted your secondary? Also are you ED or RD?
Aqua Life
Full Member
Okay cool! Congrats!! Just submitted my secondary last week after a few days from receiving it. Hoping for an II soon 🙏I submitted my secondary on July 26th when I received it, and I am regular decision!
wizardsofwavelyplace
Full Member
"Did you use the assistance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) while completing your application?"
If I used grammarly for grammar and punctuation do I say yes?
If I used grammarly for grammar and punctuation do I say yes?
anyone complete around 7/26 who hasn't yet gotten an interview?
I submitted my secondary on 7/27 and did not receive anything. Lo-key a bit worried, but I still have some hope 🙁anyone complete around 7/26 who hasn't yet gotten an interview?
Woop99
Full Member
anyone complete around 7/26 who hasn't yet gotten an interview?
Sent in 7/28. Last Tuesday decided to not send in one of my letters of rec as it wasn’t required. The professor submitted it last Thursday. Nothing yet.
Complete 7/27 and haven't heard anything yet.anyone complete around 7/26 who hasn't yet gotten an interview?
harry_potter138
Full Member
complete 7/27 +1 OOS II
futuredochow
Full Member
Complete 7/26, OOS ll 🙂
futuredochow
Full Member
Anyone know the post-ll acceptance rate?
I submitted my secondary app and paid the fee however I didn’t receive a confirmation email saying that my app was submitted.
I also tried logging back in to my dashboard but the page is blank for some reason? Has anyone experienced this? I did email the admissions team and am waiting to hear back from them.
I also tried logging back in to my dashboard but the page is blank for some reason? Has anyone experienced this? I did email the admissions team and am waiting to hear back from them.
Aqua Life
Full Member
It seems no one gets an email saying complete so I think that's just how they so itI submitted my secondary app and paid the fee however I didn’t receive a confirmation email saying that my app was submitted.
I also tried logging back in to my dashboard but the page is blank for some reason? Has anyone experienced this? I did email the admissions team and am waiting to hear back from them.
Congrats to all that got an II. For my sanity, I won't check on here until I get an update. Wishing all the best for everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does Morehouse send an complete email ?
Aqua Life
Full Member
No they don'tdoes Morehouse send an complete email ?
Still waiting for an interview …
How many days after verification did you all receive a secondary?
Aqua Life
Full Member
Mine was verified on a Thursday then secondary came in the following monday
How many days after verification did you all receive a secondary?
doctorofmedicine28
Full Member
About a week for meHow many days after verification did you all receive a secondary?
would yall still say its early in the process, I have yet to submit secondary and I got it over a month ago because my science professors are lagging it, am i still good?
I would say still early. However, submitting an month later kinda says it’s not a priority school. Definitely submit and email your professors and let them know you are in the secondary stage and schools need your letters to continue.
Moyla
New Member
I used AI for grammar/spelling errors, synonyms, and brainstorming. So I just clarified in the box that asks for phone number"Did you use the assistance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) while completing your application?"
If I used grammarly for grammar and punctuation do I say yes?
OOS II just a few min ago! Complete 7/27. Genuinely surprised!!!
Last edited:
Same, just got an interview from Morehouse a few mins ago 😁🙏🏿🙏🏿 beyond grateful
IS II, Asian
Complete 7/30
Complete 7/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Holy crap, what a span of II's. Congrats guys!😍
Dr. Ruby 2023
Full Member
OOS II this morning 🙂 Submitted secondary on 8/9.
Got a II! OOS, submitted 7/26. Got the notification at 1pm