2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone get a email asking to confirm science letters

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone get a email asking to confirm science letters
I did and replied to them with a breakdown of all my letters. I received an informal email about my file being complete the next day, then a official email stating my file was complete the day after.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still not complete? I submitted 7/2..

Did anyone that got the erroneous 'additional evaluation request' e-mail get marked complete? Starting to think maybe it wasn't an error..?

Did anyone that got the erroneous 'additional evaluation request' e-mail get marked complete? Starting to think maybe it wasn't an error..?
Just curious but how did you know it was an error to begin with?

Members don't see this ad :)
update- I emailed them and they confirmed my application was complete 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂

They're sending interviews now? They're grinding 😂

OOS II received! Complete 7/7

Reactions: 4 users
me, complete 7/1, coping by telling myself they're sending out high-stat IIs first 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
oos ii received! complete 7/11

Last edited:
+1 OOS II received! Complete 7/1!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received today! LM 76, submitted 7/2 and got complete email 7/11, no ties :)

• Love
For people who received the complete email, does your portal say anything different? Mine doesn't. It still says "Your application will take 4-6 weeks to process"

Hi everyone, I received a bit of a confusing e-mail from NYMC. They asked me to let them know the names of the two profs for science courses who wrote me a letter, which is fine.

But then it asked the name for the professor who wrote the letter for my undergraduate major and the course they taught me in? I'm not sure what they mean by writing a letter for my undergraduate major? I'm in grad studies now and have letters from my grad supervisor/professors, but does anyone know what they mean by the professor who wrote a letter for my undergraduate major?

Hi everyone, I received a bit of a confusing e-mail from NYMC. They asked me to let them know the names of the two profs for science courses who wrote me a letter, which is fine.

But then it asked the name for the professor who wrote the letter for my undergraduate major and the course they taught me in? I'm not sure what they mean by writing a letter for my undergraduate major? I'm in grad studies now and have letters from my grad supervisor/professors, but does anyone know what they mean by the professor who wrote a letter for my undergraduate major?
If your undergrad major was Biology, for example, they want a professor who taught you in that department to have written you a LOR, such as in Cell Biology or Intro Bio. I'm not sure how/if this is different for students in graduate programs. May be worth checking their pre-requisites info on their website regarding specific LOR requirements

You need to have a LOR from a professor in your undergrad major department, even if you are currently in grad school.

I just also received that email asking about which recommendation letters came from science professors. So, I guess they are reviewing my application then! I had trouble even figuring out how many letters I could send here since they seemed to be okay with other optional ones.

OOS II, complete 7/8/2023; 515 and 3.91; also re-applicant for my fellow homies out there

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II, complete 7/8/2023; 515 and 3.91; also re-applicant for my fellow homies out there
Was the first interview date you guys saw on 10/30? Or have that many students already gotten interviews?

Was the first interview date you guys saw on 10/30? Or have that many students already gotten interviews?
that was my first option as well, not sure if that means all the earlier dates are completely filled / how early the first interviews offered were

II just now!! (around 9:45am EST) OOS no ties and submitted 7/5 complete on 7/18. Absolutely ecstatic for this!!

Last edited: