2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else accept the EAP offer?
I was offered the EAP on April 23rd and have since accepted the offer :). I interviewed end of November. I am a lower stat applicant (LM 63.20) and am in my second gap year. I was offered acceptances to DO programs and was on waitlist at Mercer (withdrew). I believe this was the best route as the master’s will give me the ability to acclimate back into school. Also, I struggled academically with foundational concepts that are important for medical school so doing the master’s will make me more confident going into medial school. Also, on completion, it’s nice to just have an extra degree plus have the instate tuition. I truly thought MCG would reject me given my stats, but truly grateful for the extra opportunity to still be part of their program. Initially, I was upset because I was truly set on wanting to start this summer and graduate 2028, but one extra year is not going to hurt if you’re benefiting with extra education and in the end, getting an education and MD from MCG. Wanted to share this if anyone is on a similar boat and wanted to see some perspective.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how likely do yall think it is at this point to get off the waitlist?
I emailed the admission office for an update yesterday and they said we have a chance as long as our application is "active". In a way, they don't really know :(

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed the admission office for an update yesterday and they said we have a chance as long as our application is "active". In a way, they don't really know :(
Why can’t these schools be more transparent? They could give us waitlist rankings, how many spots are filled, how many spots are left etc.

Why can’t these schools be more transparent? They could give us waitlist rankings, how many spots are filled, how many spots are left etc.
I emailed them not too long ago. I don't think the admissions committee is the one responding to the emails. It must be someone else.

Does anyone have the estimated cost of attendance? I was able to find it earlier but can't seem to find it anywhere right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the estimated cost of attendance? I was able to find it earlier but can't seem to find it anywhere right now.
This is the most updated estimate for the Augusta campus. I don't have anything for the other campuses

Screenshot_20240530_122237_Drive.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the scholarships from MCG have been sent out? Just wondering if there’s a chance at this point or not

I wish they were transparent about waitlist rankings so we can know if we should hold out hope or not :(. I have asked them about rankings multiple times and they said that only the admissions committee itself knows about them and not the office so we prob can't email them to find out

Reactions: 1 users
is anyone who's still on the waitlist considering doing the early decision program for this next cycle?

I would do it if my MCAT didn't expire after this cycle. Seems like a straight shot
my MCAT expires after this next cycle. so if i blow my chances trying to go early decision i'm gonna have to retake it for the next app cycle, which i reaaaally dont wanna do. but yeah it really does seem like a good idea its just so risky so i don't know :/

my MCAT expires after this next cycle. so if i blow my chances trying to go early decision i'm gonna have to retake it for the next app cycle, which i reaaaally dont wanna do. but yeah it really does seem like a good idea its just so risky so i don't know :/
If your stats are at least the average for MCG then your chances should be pretty good

Reactions: 1 users
EDP acceptance received this afternoon! ORM, LM 70, WARS 71, 1st quartile CASPER score. I'm a nontrad who took 4 gap years since undergrad and was also a reapplicant!🎊🎉🍾🥳🤩
hey do you know how many EDPs got accepted? I’ll be a reapplicant too and trying to decide if I should do edp

hey do you know how many EDPs got accepted? I’ll be a reapplicant too and trying to decide if I should do edp
Isn’t the reported on MSAR like 4? I don’t know if I would even with good stats…

I was hopeful but now that its june idek anymore
same… I asked someone I know she said that all of her friends at MCG for off the WL at the end of June but I don’t want to hold on to that hope and not actively apply this cycle. Just kinda sucks because applying again feels like accepting defeat (plus the costs of reapp and retaking the MCAT). I feel like I’m behind already (have to ask my profs to resubmit LOR, submit my primary, take a late MCAT in a couple of months )… it just really sucks

• Care
Does anyone know if we can still request a campus transfer? How would we go about doing that?

I withdrew my application from MCG this morning. I hope it helps and I'll be rooting for everyone here to get an A this cycle.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Withdrawing my app today as well and committing to another school. It’s been a ride. I have a >515 and 3.8 but it seems MCG cares a great deal about life experiences than high stats. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
A today at 1:41. Can someone send me the GroupMe please?

Reactions: 2 users
FYI for those curious what will happen to the Athens campus at MCG when the UGA med school opens, from medicine.uga.edu:

"Once UGA officially welcomes the first class of School of Medicine students, the university will become an independent medical school. However, students in years 2-4 of medical school who are enrolled in the Medical Partnership at the time will remain students in the Medical College of Georgia at the Athens campus. The official Medical Partnership will end after the last class of Medical Partnership students graduates."

FYI for those curious what will happen to the Athens campus at MCG when the UGA med school opens, from medicine.uga.edu:

"Once UGA officially welcomes the first class of School of Medicine students, the university will become an independent medical school. However, students in years 2-4 of medical school who are enrolled in the Medical Partnership at the time will remain students in the Medical College of Georgia at the Athens campus. The official Medical Partnership will end after the last class of Medical Partnership students graduates."
Oh wow thanks for that information. I wonder if once the UGA SOM opens and there are still partnership students, will they be using the new UGA SOM facilities? Anyone know?

For those accepted, how do we start the background check for Certiphi? Is it automatic or do I need to initiate it? Also, how do I get my Augusta email.

For those accepted, how do we start the background check for Certiphi? Is it automatic or do I need to initiate it? Also, how do I get my Augusta email.
You initiate it after it’s sent to your external email, a few days after you sign the acceptance form and the tech standards form. Your Augusta email account and related administrative information comes in an email shortly after automatically as well. For reference, it took me about a week from when I signed the acceptance form to get my email address and the email to start submitting background check info.

Is anyone else still waiting on a campus assignment? It's been over a week so just wondering if there was a standard timeline or not? Like do they just email it to you once they decide?