2023-2024 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! Pre-writing here -- is the secondary just uploading a 1 page response of any format? e.g. should it be 12 pt, double spaced, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

II received today! OOS, LM67.

Edit: Does anyone know why no single spot is available from Aug 2023 to March 2024 when I open the calendar link they sent to me?

Edit: never mind, I found a spot in Dec.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Pre-writing here -- is the secondary just uploading a 1 page response of any format? e.g. should it be 12 pt, double spaced, etc.?
I used 12 Times New Roman and 1.15 space, one page. I got an II.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
pre-II rejection today after being on committee review since 8/11. OOS, zero ties, 510 and 3.6. definitely had no business applying here but still stung a little (first rejection)

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II, yesterday. Soonest date is in January FYI. Does anyone know their post II acceptance rate?

How quickly does the admission committee respond via email? My portal says II but have not received an email yet. I’m just wondering how long to expect a response?

How quickly does the admission committee respond via email? My portal says II but have not received an email yet. I’m just wondering how long to expect a response?
I had the same thing happen to me, and I called them (ik probably shouldn't have wasted their time) and they told me that it takes a couple days sometimes. I was kinda freaking out when I saw it in the portal and it said I had 5 days to schedule, but it ended up coming the very next day.

OMS 1 here, I'm happy to answer any questions about the school!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II just now! My first interview invite ever and I am SOBBING. I'm so excited!
Complete 8/14, LM 62, 14000+ patient care hours and strong interest in public health/rural medicine.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My portal says "scheduled admission interview." Is that an II? I did not receive an email about this.

My portal says "scheduled admission interview." Is that an II? I did not receive an email about this.
My portal says they decided to interview me on 8/31, but I just got the email today. I would email them and ask in hopes that you can schedule a few days earlier, the first available for me was 2/9

Thank you guys. They said I should be able to schedule next week! They are booking out to February right now.

pre-II rejection today after being on committee review since 8/11. OOS, zero ties, 510 and 3.6. definitely had no business applying here but still stung a little (first rejection)
Ah, same. I got the R yesterday, my first rejection too. My stats are lower, but yeah, def had no business applying there either, OOS and zero ties. Sigh, but we move on. Good luck with the rest of your cycle tho! It's only a matter of time!

Just withdrew my II here if someone is trying to get an earlier day. It was an October date. Hope it goes to one of you awesome folks!

Just got the acceptance call!!! Interviewed 8/29. LM 62

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
was there anything you did to prepare for it?
I ran through common questions with some friends and I did a mock interview through my undergrad school so I had an idea of what to say for different types of questions. But mostly I just tried to relax and be myself during the interview itself.

Last edited:
How was the MMI portion?
MMI wasn't too bad, and I actually enjoyed the MMI portion of the interview more than my individual interview. They only asked me two questions - one was opinion-based, and one was an ethical scenario, and each question had a follow-up question. I might make sure to have a question or two prepared for your interviewer because I had a couple of minutes to spare at the end.

Those that interviewed on 9/1 are still waiting for the decision. May be they are sending admissions once a month. Based on reading through last years forum, I thought it was about 2 to 3 weeks for a decision.

Maybe the wildfires in Eastern WA has something to do with it...

Just got an acceptance call! I’m in shock! I interviewed on 09/15

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I thought the interview process was really enjoyable! All of the interviewers were really kind and even the MMI felt more conversational than a traditional one. Congrats to those who have gotten acceptances!

I fumbled the first MMI question but rocked the second one and luckily got an acceptance. This just proves why MMI, although hated, is typically in the interviewee's favor!

Those that interviewed on 9/1 are still waiting for the decision. May be they are sending admissions once a month. Based on reading through last years forum, I thought it was about 2 to 3 weeks for a decision.

Maybe the wildfires in Eastern WA has something to do with it...
I just finished my interview with PNWU and they said it takes 2 weeks to get the interviewer decisions to the dean and then can be anytime within the next week for them to give you a phone call if you are accepted, but everyone will get an email

Interviewed 9/28, just got the acceptance call!!!!

Literally sobbed on the phone lmao cringing at myself but I’m so happy!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A call! Also interviewed on September 28th, and they had said the decision will take about 2-3 weeks.

FYI: The area code was (509) and showed as scam likely.

• Wow
First DO II received.
OOS, LM70.3, complete 9/25
Earliest interview date I found is in April.

Congrats to everyone with IIs and As!
As you approach deadlines for deposits and final decisions, a friendly reminder that you can reach out to admissions to request additional information or contact/facetime with current students (ambassadors) to help inform your choice. Once you have the A, the ball is in your court, and it is up to you to decide whether the school, any school, is the best fit for you.

Good luck, this process can be hard but you're almost through it!

• Love
They told me the earliest dates now are in April for interviews. Are they interviewing a lot more people this year? Cause that seems really far out lol

II but no dates available :(What do we do if this happens?

Contact the admissions office. If you got an invite there must be a date somewhere

II but no dates available :(What do we do if this happens?
Check carefully, there should be a date available. When I scheduled mine, I also thought there was no available dates, but there was actually 1 spot in Dec.