2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No fr... I don't get how schools get away with that though because regardless of their stats or their fit for the program or whatever, they spend hundreds of hours on that application, the primary AND secondary, and PAID your fee!!! The very least they could do is send a mass rejection / hold / II type of email. Like that's asking for the bare minimum.. I may call Monday... If I do I'll jump back on here and lyk how it went.
Please let me know what they say!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if this school accepts LOI/update letters prior to II? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when we can hear back about placing into the Meta Christie house?

No fr... I don't get how schools get away with that though because regardless of their stats or their fit for the program or whatever, they spend hundreds of hours on that application, the primary AND secondary, and PAID your fee!!! The very least they could do is send a mass rejection / hold / II type of email. Like that's asking for the bare minimum.. I may call Monday... If I do I'll jump back on here and lyk how it went.
If you end up calling, PLEASE let me know what they say! I agree; it's so hard being on the other end of this long, exhausting wait game. Even if it's a rejection, I would rather have that than not knowing at all!

Reactions: 4 users
II received this morning! Submitted my primary late October, but not complete til late November/early Dec due to LOR issue.

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS ii!! Submitted my primary late july EEKK

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
been under review for 5 months and silence since... is it worth even trying to email them lol

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed last week, hit 7 bars today... I have a deposit due at another school tonight. No idea what to do.... Ahhhh

I emailed them ill post what they respond with (if they do respond) :rolleyes:

Interviewed last week, hit 7 bars today... I have a deposit due at another school tonight. No idea what to do.... Ahhhh
Typically, a result should be posted in your portal by the afternoon. But campus will be closing early due to the current snowfall. Hopefully that won't impact the timing in which your decision is released

Typically, a result should be posted in your portal by the afternoon. But campus will be closing early due to the current snowfall. Hopefully that won't impact the timing in which your decision is released
Omg if it isn't posted today I'm going to freak! I would think that 7 bars means it's already there in the internet universe somewhere and the portal has a set time to drop the result/send the email. But maybe not, idk!

Try to get a human response from PCOM admins challenge (impossible). All I got back was a scripted thank you for interest and ways to upload updates to my application on the portal which I didn't even state in my email lol.

Confirming that we were supposed to send interview TYs to the general admissions email for them to disseminate to our interviewers? I did this because they said so during the welcome session but it felt weird bc I could find my interviewers’ emails online

Well for anyone who was waiting in suspense, I did NOT hear today! :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Well for anyone who was waiting in suspense, I did NOT hear today! :(
Dang I'm sorry that you were not sent a decision today. I hope that they release your decision quickly after the weekend. Until then, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Confirming that we were supposed to send interview TYs to the general admissions email for them to disseminate to our interviewers? I did this because they said so during the welcome session but it felt weird bc I could find my interviewers’ emails online
They should be able to relay your TY letters to your interviewers, so you should be good to go :thumbup:

Dang I'm sorry that you were not sent a decision today. I hope that they release your decision quickly after the weekend. Until then, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Yeah it's definitely a bummer but hopefully the result will be worth the wait!

Anyone know when waitlist movement starts happening? Waitlisted in early December and PCOM is one of my top choices.

For those who have gotten a response from PCOM did you get an email saying that your status changed to seven bars or did you just keep checking your portal?

How long is it taking these days for decision post interview? They said 5-6 weeks but I’ve heard of some people say only 2 weeks !?

For those who have gotten a response from PCOM did you get an email saying that your status changed to seven bars or did you just keep checking your portal?
I kept checking like a nervous Nelly haha

Yeah that's what I've been doing haha how long did it take you to hear back?
7 weeks back in October to December but my friend who had an interview on Jan 5th heard back yesterday

IS II this morning, strong Philly ties!! Been at 4 bars since August :)

Does anyone know how long/until when interviews are conducted? It looks like many people have received silence despite having submitted early on in the cycle. My application is still in review and I submitted in November. I even got an email on Thanksgiving encouraging me to apply to PCOM. Kind of stressed out :/

Does anyone know how long/until when interviews are conducted? It looks like many people have received silence despite having submitted early on in the cycle. My application is still in review and I submitted in November. I even got an email on Thanksgiving encouraging me to apply to PCOM. Kind of stressed out :/
I'm convinced that PCOM interviews in order of stats. It seemed like everyone getting early interviews here had an LM of 70+ and people who applied later and got quick IIs had similar stats. I expect that if your stats are on the lower side you'll hear back later. At least that's what I tell myself to make myself feel better lol

I'm convinced that PCOM interviews in order of stats. It seemed like everyone getting early interviews here had an LM of 70+ and people who applied later and got quick IIs had similar stats. I expect that if your stats are on the lower side you'll hear back later. At least that's what I tell myself to make myself feel better lol
:(

I can attest to this. I applied to PCOM-GA in October with a LM of 68, got an II in December, and was accepted last week. Meanwhile my friends who applied in June/July with <505 MCATs and <3.3GPAs still haven't heard anything. On the application portal I also remember it saying that your interview date is based on your "competitiveness within the applicant pool."

Reactions: 1 users
Had an amazing Accepted Students Day today!!! Was so great to see fellow homies excited about the school