2023-2024 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Depends on what group they put you in! Half of the interviewees start with the MMIs, and the other half start with the 1 on 1. I was put in GOLD group and started with the MMI. To start, they have an opening presentation where all interviewees are in one big session. If I remember correctly, they also close with one big student panel. So whatever is in between (MMI and 1-on-1) will depend on what group you are placed in. Hope this helps!
Amazing! Thanks so much. How long do you think the opening presentation was? My roommate leaves at 8:30, so I am hoping they are gone before I start haha

Members don't see this ad.

Amazing! Thanks so much. How long do you think the opening presentation was? My roommate leaves at 8:30, so I am hoping they are gone before I start haha

You’re welcome! Here was my schedule for Gold:

IMG_2796.jpg

They were very prompt so I would trust the times presented in the schedule! Looks like your roommate will be leaving at the end of the welcome. You should be fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am really hoping to hear some good news today. The anticipation is killing me :rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
Still haven't heard anything regarding a decision. I am curious about what the actual chances of me getting accepted at this point are 💀

I still haven’t heard anything since my interview, but I just got an email saying “As you prepare to enter your clinical campus preferences (by March 1)…”

Does everyone submit preferred campuses even if you haven’t gotten an offer yet, or is it only people with offers?

I still haven’t heard anything since my interview, but I just got an email saying “As you prepare to enter your clinical campus preferences (by March 1)…”

Does everyone submit preferred campuses even if you haven’t gotten an offer yet, or is it only people with offers?
i think they mentioned on the interview day that we all submit it

Question, so I am pretty sure I never got an acceptance email. But I am being asked to indicate campus preference, do they just send this to everyone? Has this happened to anyone else?

Question, so I am pretty sure I never got an acceptance email. But I am being asked to indicate campus preference, do they just send this to everyone? Has this happened to anyone else?
As someone mentioned above, they send this to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not yet heard back since my interview, but today I received the vital signs newsletter which seems like it is meant for admitted students. I'm curious if other people who have not heard a decision yet also received this newsletter today?

I have not yet heard back since my interview, but today I received the vital signs newsletter which seems like it is meant for admitted students. I'm curious if other people who have not heard a decision yet also received this newsletter today?
I was also confused lol but maybe it’s for anyone who’s interviewed?

I was also confused lol but maybe it’s for anyone who’s interviewed?
Yeah that happened to me as well. I interviewed in February so maybe that’s why this February Newsletter was my first vital signs email.

OOS interviewed December 7th and did not hear anything back yet. Given the twitter activity, how concerning is this?

I think UAB was on spring break last week, which may alter their usual every-other-week schedule.
I believe when I went to the campus visit in February they said the last two ADCOM meetings would be March 8 and March 21. Not positive though, this whole cycle feels like a fever dream.

I believe when I went to the campus visit in February they said the last two ADCOM meetings would be March 8 and March 21. Not positive though, this whole cycle feels like a fever dream.
Yep that’s what I remember too

IMG_2915.jpeg

Fingers crossed, but seems like if we don’t hear back by today, it’d be WL/R

well now I'm sad. Interviewed but no news. so I guess either WL or R.

I'm not sure, but I think it's possible. Last year they sent out waitlist notifications the Wednesday after their final offers.

Also called office today and they said it might not even get done this week so...

I got 2nd tier WL. Also, just in case others haven't heard, they stated during my interview day that UAB has never accepted a student off the 2nd tier WL. Congrats to everyone who was accepted here or somewhere else! And good luck to everyone else still waiting this year or planning to apply again next year!

• Care
Has anyone not received anything and if so what does it mean?

Has anyone not received anything and if so what does it mean?
Last year when I applied to UAB, all my friends had heard good news by lunchtime and I hadn't yet, then at the end of the workday I got a rejection. Stating this as a data point, though, so I wouldn't lose hope yet. Since it's still early in the morning they probably have a lot of emails to send you might just get one later! Best of luck

• Care