2023-2024 Utah

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

just as a heads up, there’s still the office of financial aid scholarships! only 29 people got an admissions scholarship. but the admissions ones were the biggest so i get it!
True! But my demonstrated need is quite low and I doubt any fin aid I get from the U will compare to scholarships I've already gotten elsewhere. Hence withdrawing
 
Got office of admission scholarship email and wasn't selected, will be withdrawing soon. Good luck to everyone on the WL!
Did they just send this to the email associated with your AMCAS application? I haven't received any information yet, which is why I ask.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! Dang, I wonder why I haven't heard anything one way or the other. I only plan on attending the U if I'm able to get a sizeable scholarship. I too am very low SES and have gotten scholarships from other schools.
If you're low SES you might get good financial aid!
 
Thanks! Dang, I wonder why I haven't heard anything one way or the other. I only plan on attending the U if I'm able to get a sizeable scholarship. I too am very low SES and have gotten scholarships from other schools.
I already got my scholarship- did you apply by the 3/12 first review deadline? And you did both the Admisisons and Financial Aid scholarship apps?
 
I already got my scholarship- did you apply by the 3/12 first review deadline? And you did both the Admisisons and Financial Aid scholarship apps?
I think so! I completed the general application back in February, and the second one in the first week of March. I'm attaching screenshots just to be sure we're talking about the same things!
 

Attachments

  • 24.25.jpg
    24.25.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 310
  • general.jpg
    general.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 227
I think so! I completed the general application back in February, and the second one in the first week of March. I'm attaching screenshots just to be sure we're talking about the same things!
After you filled out the general application did you submit the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine Office of Admission Scholarships specific application?
 
After you filled out the general application did you submit the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine Office of Admission Scholarships specific application?
Do you have a screenshot of what that one looks like? I'm not entirely sure
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard of any WL movement? Went to a feedback session a week or so ago and they said there hadn’t been any yet, likely due to FAFSA delays. Hoping this changes soon!!
 
Has anyone heard of any WL movement? Went to a feedback session a week or so ago and they said there hadn’t been any yet, likely due to FAFSA delays. Hoping this changes soon!!
We just had second look too so that + not having financial aid packages is likely pushing it! I know a good amount of people at second look were choosing between multiple so wishing you luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t realize we had to accept WL positions on the portal. Just accepted. This is so stupid of me to miss. Anyone know if this affects anything?
 
Wish I applied to the U of U. Is there a state residency requirement or does it require ties to Utah?
 
Wish I applied to the U of U. Is there a state residency requirement or does it require ties to Utah?
Yes, not OOS friendly. They have mostly UT resident seats (90), then 10 spots for non residents who graduated a UT high school, 10 for ID residents, and 15 nonresident spots, though the nonresident spots I believe they heavily favor Montana/Wyoming residents.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad