You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Vanderbilt
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tricky23
Full Member
ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS OVERWelp..I guess it’s over for today 🙁
ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS OVER
YOU RIGHT! We shall wait
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
notanorthobro
Full Member
ACCEPTED FULL TUITION
when did you get the call?ACCEPTED FULL TUITION
Tricky23
Full Member
HOLY **** CONGRATSACCEPTED FULL TUITION
Yes please clarify💀🥹Are these calls after 5pm?
But also congrats y’all!
Tricky23
Full Member
It appears they’re too busy celebrating… can’t blame emYes please clarify💀🥹
But also congrats y’all!
longsocks16
Full Member
What are the odds of getting accepted in later waves if we don’t in this one 🥺
Namster
New Member
Mine was ten after yesYes please clarify💀🥹
But also congrats y’all!
notanorthobro
Full Member
Yea! Mine was at 6:30pmAre these calls after 5pm?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1167581
I’ve seen them release as late as 9:30pm est and even into Saturday… no idea if that will happen but the most we can do now is stay hopeful
Tricky23
Full Member
Interesting…I don’t want to give false hope and I’m not exactly sure what I heard, but I’m pretty sure the person who called me said they’re gonna “send out emails in a few days once all calls are made”.. so idk if today is the last day or not
ballerboy69
New Member
i get the whole calling thing but tbh i'd rather it be like college admissions where they just say we're going to email all y'all at this date this time, and then you open the portal. im so anxious walking around just waiting.
secure-delay-1314
Full Member
First A of the cycle!
Anyone make a groupme?
whyamihere99
New Member
forgot to check SDN all weekend just to see that I missed an A in this first wave :') does anyone know what the odds are like for later waves? ALSO CONGRATS EVERYONE
Apple_aday
New Member
For anyone who has attended any of the previous official campus visits, I know the email said "casual dress is completely acceptable," but what were people actually wearing? I don't want to be the only one showing up not wearing dress shoes lol.
People were typically business casual 🙂.For anyone who has attended any of the previous official campus visits, I know the email said "casual dress is completely acceptable," but what were people actually wearing? I don't want to be the only one showing up not wearing dress shoes lol.
If you are at all worried about them identifying you, they don’t even ask for your names. Truly has no bearing on admissions
D
deleted1167581
In the same situation… I saw in past years there have been a few people in the February and March waves that interviewed early and were accepted but it doesn’t seem that common. Still holding out some hope tho 🙂forgot to check SDN all weekend just to see that I missed an A in this first wave :') does anyone know what the odds are like for later waves? ALSO CONGRATS EVERYONE
Last edited by a moderator:
Your own pocketDoes anyone know if second look is something the school pays for (housing, transport, etc) or is it out of our pocket?
awesomeYour own pocket
soundofsilence
Full Member
Does anyone know if the merit scholarships are given out at time of acceptance? A scholarship would be so clutch but they didn't mention anything when they called so I'm hoping they are still deciding lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine was over the phoneDoes anyone know if the merit scholarships are given out at time of acceptance? A scholarship would be so clutch but they didn't mention anything when they called so I'm hoping they are still deciding lol.
notanorthobro
Full Member
Mine was also given over the phoneDoes anyone know if the merit scholarships are given out at time of acceptance? A scholarship would be so clutch but they didn't mention anything when they called so I'm hoping they are still deciding lol.
Accepted OOS!! I hope this isn’t a mistake though, since I didn’t get a phone call. Did anyone else get accepted without a call?
whats the first couple sentences of your email? Because the verbiage in the email I got today references the phone call ina way, so if you got a different one + plus have a tab in your portal I think you are just fineAccepted OOS!! I hope this isn’t a mistake though, since I didn’t get a phone call. Did anyone else get accepted without a call?
Last edited:
“Congratulations! We loved contacting you to tell you the good news of your acceptance into Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Class of 2028. Your status in our Admissions Portal has changed to reflect your acceptance.”whats the first couple sentences of your email?
Hmm mine is the same but if you have a portal change I think you're legit in!“Congratulations! We loved contacting you to tell you the good news of your acceptance into Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Class of 2028. Your status in our Admissions Portal has changed to reflect your acceptance.”
that wording had me EXTREMELY confused for like 30 seconds when I saw it lol“Congratulations! We loved contacting you to tell you the good news of your acceptance into Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Class of 2028. Your status in our Admissions Portal has changed to reflect your acceptance.”
Accepted IS. LM 73.5. No phone call. Seconding gekyumewrld in hoping this isn’t a mistake. This is wild.
Same thing happened to me!! I was literally so confused and am still kind of scared it was a mistake, but my portal is updated.Accepted OOS!! I hope this isn’t a mistake though, since I didn’t get a phone call. Did anyone else get accepted without a call?
Peanutbutterandhoney
Full Member
Hi everyone, I was one of those who got the call late 🙂. For those who received the merit scholarship offer--- was this only over the phone or in the offer letter too?
Hi everyone, I was one of those who got the call late 🙂. For those who received the merit scholarship offer--- was this only over the phone or in the offer letter too?
It was in both! Didn’t post yet but for those keeping track at home, OOS A + scholarship.
Are they done with II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pomegranatejuicebox
Full Member
Same..I also interviewed early November😭 But I remember admissions staff saying that ppl interviewing in Nov are kinda tight for first wave decision and it really depends on how fast our interviewers/reviewers submit their reports given the holidays. So she said even for the same day interviewees, the decision turnaround can be different!So… anyone get an A who interviewed in November? I’m holding out hope that they didn’t get to them yet or something 😭
Is it Joever for October interviewers?
notanorthobro
Full Member
I interviewed mid NovSo… anyone get an A who interviewed in November? I’m holding out hope that they didn’t get to them yet or something 😭