2023-2024 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How heavily does Vanderbilt screen? Aka how many of applicants total get secondaries?
See the first post #1 and you can also go read their policies at the link

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOS secondary received (verified 7/13)

Based on previous years, does Vanderbilt send out MD secondaries in waves or all at once?

Just received secondary! And I don't have a high (not close to their average).

Last edited:
+1 OOS Secondary, verified 6/20

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOS sent my primary to them like a week ago

Tell me why their email subject says “Your Journey Continues” like it’s some reality TV elimination game show💀

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 10 users
Tell me why their email subject says “Your Journey Continues” like it’s some reality TV elimination game show💀
“A hot new applicant enters the secondary”

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Are there any Texas residents getting secondaries from Vandy?

Reactions: 1 user
Just received mine about 10min ago! I was worried I wasn't going to get one and went through a little mini existential crisis for a couple hours. Silly, but it happened.

I think they are just going out in waves - makes sense too; ever try to sent 4000 emails at once?

Last edited:
OOS secondary received

Maaan this secondary is a chunky one

Maaan this secondary is a chunky one
fr. I don't think ive seen a secondary prompt with 800 words as the limit before. Makes me feel like im writing a second personal statement...

Secondary received 7/28. Primary verified 7/27. International. LM 75.

fr. I don't think ive seen a secondary prompt with 800 words as the limit before. Makes me feel like im writing a second personal statement...
I submitted mine with like 450 words lol

Do we think they send secondary invites in waves? I mean I don’t expect them to drop 4,000 emails at once but I have #anxiety

Do we think they send secondary invites in waves? I mean I don’t expect them to drop 4,000 emails at once but I have #anxiety
Based on this thread it seems to be more of a steady trickle than waves. Until you stop seeing people continuously post on here about receiving secondaries I think it’s a safe bet to assume that trickle is continuing.

Based on this thread it seems to be more of a steady trickle than waves. Until you stop seeing people continuously post on here about receiving secondaries I think it’s a safe bet to assume that trickle is continuing.

Okay wonderful that’s what I thought too! Thank u!!

Website is showing 3,831 secondaries sent out of 4,594 applicants. Is it safe to say that I was screened out since I was verified day 1 and didn't get one?

Website is showing 3,831 secondaries sent out of 4,594 applicants. Is it safe to say that I was screened out since I was verified day 1 and didn't get one?
Probably. I was verified yesterday and got one today. They might keep yours on file tho and keep in under review.

It certainly seems that they've gotten through most of the applicants. If you have stats that are signifcantly below their MSAR 10th percentile or other major deficiencies like 0 clinical hours, or a serious IA or criminal offense, I'd lean towards saying that it's very possible that you've been screened out.

But if you have an otherwise reasonably strong app, it doesn't seem they're too stringent on their screening, and would still be patient.