You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Belmont (Frist)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone else still not received a secondary?
I think many haven’t. I think they manually screen.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1177773
Preview is required this yearI received a secondary degree from this school; however, I did not take a Preview and really wasn't planning on it because this is the only school on my list that requires it. Does anyone know if you have to have preview completed to receive an interview?
I emailed admissions about this same question she said they review your application but can't give out an interview invite until a score is in ;(They won't review your application until it's complete, and it won't be marked complete until they get your Preview score.
Thank you for this. Does anyone know if they're strict on screening because my MCAT isn't great, but my GPA and everything else is really good? I am interested in attending this school but don't want to take the preview if my odds are too low.I emailed admissions about this same question she said they review your application but can't give out an interview invite until a score is in ;(
D
deleted1177773
I think they are pretty strict on screening in regards to minimums. They have a 497 MCAT minimum, but the rest of their screening process is holistic.Thank you for this. Does anyone know if they're strict on screening because my MCAT isn't great, but my GPA and everything else is really good? I am interested in attending this school but don't want to take the preview if my odds are too low.
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
They haven't posted them yet, but hopefully they will post within the next month as the first class officially starts!Is there anywhere online where I can find any statistics on last year's class?
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
The inaugural class stats have been posted!Is there anywhere online where I can find any statistics on last year's class?
D
deleted1177773
Where?!The inaugural class stats have been posted!
mangocrashout6
Full Member
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
I got an email from them!Where?!
mangocrashout6
Full Member
mcat range of 497-521 really speaks volumes, very holistic
Last year was their first-ever application cycle and the primary app was not available until mid-October.mcat range of 497-521 really speaks volumes, very holistic
I think this led to some applicants who had received no interviews from anyplace else throwing their application in, because "why not?"
That 497 MCAT person I'm sure had a lot else going for them in their experiences.
This year will be a full application cycle in sync with all the other schools, so I expect it to be different.
Some applicants may hesitate to apply to a new school that has not graduated a class yet, but I expect the MCAT range will be more in line with MD schools this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mangocrashout6
Full Member
yep, i would definitely agree with you on all of those points. i have connections to belmont with UG so since it is a private school i doubt theyll consider TN bias as well (which is reflected through the undergraduate institutions list).Last year was their first-ever application cycle and the primary app was not available until mid-October.
I think this led to some applicants who had received no interviews from anyplace else throwing their application in, because "why not?"
That 497 MCAT person I'm sure had a lot else going for them in their experiences.
This year will be a full application cycle in sync with all the other schools, so I expect it to be different.
Some applicants may hesitate to apply to a new school that has not graduated a class yet, but I expect the MCAT range will be more in line with MD schools this year.
honestly, having been in TN for a while, i am very shocked belmont opened a med school as opposed to literally any other tennessee school.... idk if any other former/current TN residents agree, but id be way less surprised if TN tech or even UTK/UTC opened a med school before belmont. more of a performing arts vibe school for UG. i guess we will see as time progresses 🙂
The UT system already has a medical school in Memphis. Also, the students that go there are very artsy, but as an institution, the school is very faith-based with the goal of transforming Nashville so it kinda tracks well IMOyep, i would definitely agree with you on all of those points. i have connections to belmont with UG so since it is a private school i doubt theyll consider TN bias as well (which is reflected through the undergraduate institutions list).
honestly, having been in TN for a while, i am very shocked belmont opened a med school as opposed to literally any other tennessee school.... idk if any other former/current TN residents agree, but id be way less surprised if TN tech or even UTK/UTC opened a med school before belmont. more of a performing arts vibe school for UG. i guess we will see as time progresses 🙂
mangocrashout6
Full Member
thats fair.The UT system already has a medical school in Memphis. Also, the students that go there are very artsy, but as an institution, the school is very faith-based with the goal of transforming Nashville so it kinda tracks well IMO
yeah i knew UT has their med school in memphis but idk why they wouldnt open another regional campus at chatt or knox in the future too.
U Tennessee DOES have students in all these cities for clerkships...thats fair.
yeah i knew UT has their med school in memphis but idk why they wouldnt open another regional campus at chatt or knox in the future too.
There is also a DO school in Knoxville, LMU-DCOM
mangocrashout6
Full Member
nice to know, i guess i just suck at navigating the internet haha. i stand corrected!U Tennessee DOES have students in all these cities for clerkships...
View attachment 390086
D
deleted1196843
Pre-secondary rejection here
Norepinephrine571
Full Member
I also got a pre-secondary rejection. At least I saved time and money by not taking preview.
D
deleted1177773
What is your LM?I also got a pre-secondary rejection. At least I saved time and money by not taking preview.
Norepinephrine571
Full Member
67.2. High MCAT, low GPA.What is your LM?
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
Mine took 2 days!How long after the confirmation email did you all receive the "under review" email?
Thank you! Looks like ~week to review applications before secondary decision?Mine took 2 days!
pinkdolphin361
Full Member
I did not receive an invite to complete a secondary, and I am just a bit confused as to why. On their website, it says they screen for stats, and mine are well above the minimum GPA and MCAT. I have extracurriculars and values that align with their mission, so I am feeling super discouraged. I received secondaries from all other schools that screen. I'm not trying to sound pretentious in any way; I am just super confused. Is this a bad sign for this cycle?
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
It doesn't seem like they screen too heavily outside of stats, so you could reach out to them if it's been a while since you submitted your primary! You could also check your spam if you haven't yet because sometimes they end up there.I did not receive an invite to complete a secondary, and I am just a bit confused as to why. On their website, it says they screen for stats, and mine are well above the minimum GPA and MCAT. I have extracurriculars and values that align with their mission, so I am feeling super discouraged. I received secondaries from all other schools that screen. I'm not trying to sound pretentious in any way; I am just super confused. Is this a bad sign for this cycle?
berliner
Full Member
Just email dude. It’s a new school I think only their second cycle. Things r probably slipping throughI did not receive an invite to complete a secondary, and I am just a bit confused as to why. On their website, it says they screen for stats, and mine are well above the minimum GPA and MCAT. I have extracurriculars and values that align with their mission, so I am feeling super discouraged. I received secondaries from all other schools that screen. I'm not trying to sound pretentious in any way; I am just super confused. Is this a bad sign for this cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pinkdolphin361
Full Member
I should have clarified; I received an email stating that I would not be receiving a secondary. I emailed them after but I'm not sure if I will get a responseIt doesn't seem like they screen too heavily outside of stats, so you could reach out to them if it's been a while since you submitted your primary! You could also check your spam if you haven't yet because sometimes they end up there.
They have for some reason decided not to move you forward in the admissions process. They may reply to your email eventually but I don’t think they will discuss a reason with you and it will likely be a polite form letter.I should have clarified; I received an email stating that I would not be receiving a secondary. I emailed them after but I'm not sure if I will get a response
Their first year (last year) I think they processed everyone along, but seem to have decided to do earlier screening this time.
It doesn’t mean you are going to have trouble at other schools.
Received a post secondary email, complete and now under review. It says about 3 weeks turnaround time.
It does say after review I’m assuming if an app passes the review stage. It is then reviewed again for an interview.
So based on the email an application is reviewed 3 times. For a secondary, completed review, then reviewed for interview invitation.
It does say after review I’m assuming if an app passes the review stage. It is then reviewed again for an interview.
So based on the email an application is reviewed 3 times. For a secondary, completed review, then reviewed for interview invitation.
Sorry to hear about the rejection. I read your WAMC and you have a well rounded profile. I think you'll get several interviews!I should have clarified; I received an email stating that I would not be receiving a secondary. I emailed them after but I'm not sure if I will get a response
pinkdolphin361
Full Member
Thank you so much! I appreciate the support!!Sorry to hear about the rejection. I read your WAMC and you have a well rounded profile. I think you'll get several interviews!
I just got an under review for an interview invitation email
They sent an email with this awhile back.Anyone have any idea what the matriculating class's stats were? This is my only secondary left, hesitant to submit without knowing that info given its such a new school, but MSAR still hasn't updated.
ah this is super helpful, thank you sm!!!! **** it we ball ill just submit and see what happensThey sent an email with this awhile back.
View attachment 390648
Last edited:
When were you complete?I just got an under review for an interview invitation email
7/19When were you complete?
mangocrashout6
Full Member
I just got an under review for an interview invitation email
What does the email say if you don’t mind me asking
I just got an under review for an interview invitation email
+1. Complete 7/18.
berliner
Full Member
Good stuff. What’s ur stats lookin likeI just got an under review for an interview invitation email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1177773
This stresses me out!! I haven’t gotten anything complete 7/17+1. Complete 7/18.
It will come soon. Mine came at 09:00 Central Time so they probably completed it the week before and just scheduled this email.This stresses me out!! I haven’t gotten anything complete 7/17
jasonbourne125
Full Member
Received email stating under review for an interview invite.
mangocrashout6
Full Member
can anyone w/ that email share what it says? im curious
D
deleted1177773
When were you complete?Received email stating under review for an interview invite.