2024-2025 Belmont (Frist)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OOS II LM74 Complete 7/17/24, Got an email saying Belmont invites you to take the next step, then I saw this in the portal "Congratulations! On behalf of the FCoM Admissions Committee, it's an honor to extend an invitation to learn about the Thomas F. Frist, Jr. College of Medicine and share more about your preparation and goals for a career in medicine through a virtual interview day."
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II LM74 Complete 7/17/24, Got an email saying Belmont invites you to take the next step, then I saw this in the portal "Congratulations! On behalf of the FCoM Admissions Committee, it's an honor to extend an invitation to learn about the Thomas F. Frist, Jr. College of Medicine and share more about your preparation and goals for a career in medicine through a virtual interview day."

Was your PREVIEW exam also in on 7/17?
 
Hi for those of you who got IIs, how are you preparing for it? There’s so little info on the school im a little worried.
 
current ms1, pm for any questions. i'll try to answer them as timely as I can. good luck with the interview process.

edit: i'd like to contextualize that the faculty/administration are constantly re-evaluating policies through student input so some things are subject to change and can be different for the incoming class
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they are actually sticking to the 3 week review time they mentioned in the complete/under review email? Or are they taking longer than 3 weeks to review?
I got my complete email 7/19 and then review for interview on 8/20… next Tuesday is my 3 week mark for the second email… so I guess it depends on which email they consider the 3 weeks to start.
 
I got my complete email 7/19 and then review for interview on 8/20… next Tuesday is my 3 week mark for the second email… so I guess it depends on which email they consider the 3 weeks to start.
I think it's the second email.... fingers are crossed for us! similar timeframe on my end. We are probably at "peak" right now, too..so it may end up being a bit longer.
 
Submitted my app a little over a month ago, - does this school send soft II Emails?? I got the auto generated secondary confirmation and another email about being under consideration for a II recently
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Submitted my app a little over a month ago, - does this school send soft II Emails?? I got the auto generated secondary confirmation and another email about being under consideration for a II recently
Everyone gets the under review for II email. It just depends then if you get an interview. I am also under review for nearly a month. They probably slowed down a bit though because so many people submitted around that same time. Last year when I applied, after under review you either got a pre-II R or interviewed and this school does review holistically🙂 best of luck to you<3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did you think of the campus
I was very impressed! We only toured the medical building. It was all very new looking as well (they were not even one month into their first class). It was small, seemed very close-knit and quiet despite being in the city which was nice to see. Would have liked to see some current students, but none were there during the tour as far I could tell.