You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Creighton
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
findingdory
Full Member
Thank you!!For the Phoenix campus: they are 12/13, 03/7, and 04/25
For the Omaha campus: they are 11/15, 03/7, and 04/12
official_ artyom
Full Member
Just dress same as the interview and maybe have a couple questions in mind. You wont be asked anythingCongrats to all who've got an A this morning, so excited for you all! Quick question about the Friday Q&A - should I expect it to have similar vibes to that of the interviews? Don't want to over/underdress or not be prepared if they ask any questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS A! Super excited/ grateful, probably going to rescind for some opportunities elsewhere.
For what it's worth, I do want to put out there that during the interview, the Dean said some really weird and questionable things about religion. I understand it's a Jesuit institution, but I interviewed at another that was far more neutral/openminded/appealing. They said and I am very nearly verbatim that "If you're on the fence, we hope you hop off and join us, if you're an athiest, this school probably isn't for you, and if you're of another faith we'll accept you but we hope that maybe we can convert you."
Obviously this may speak to some people differently, and I'm sure doesn't 100% represent what happens there, but bad bad vibes in my opinion. Wanted people to know who hadn't heard it already.
For what it's worth, I do want to put out there that during the interview, the Dean said some really weird and questionable things about religion. I understand it's a Jesuit institution, but I interviewed at another that was far more neutral/openminded/appealing. They said and I am very nearly verbatim that "If you're on the fence, we hope you hop off and join us, if you're an athiest, this school probably isn't for you, and if you're of another faith we'll accept you but we hope that maybe we can convert you."
Obviously this may speak to some people differently, and I'm sure doesn't 100% represent what happens there, but bad bad vibes in my opinion. Wanted people to know who hadn't heard it already.
_overunder_
Full Member
Wrote nearly the same exact thing down. While it was certainly discomfiting to me and I wish that weren't their perspective/intent, I am very glad that he said that so that I can make decisions with it in mind. I didn't get the chance to ask any of the students about the religious influence from their perspective during my interview, but I do just want to note that my faculty interviewer was part of the hospital system for years before it was purchased (?) by Creighton, and they let me know that it didn't seem to strongly influence their day-to-day and that the culture overall was very welcoming. It's something I'll definitely be assessing further if I'm fortunate enough to have options at the end of the cycle.OOS A! Super excited/ grateful, probably going to rescind for some opportunities elsewhere.
For what it's worth, I do want to put out there that during the interview, the Dean said some really weird and questionable things about religion. I understand it's a Jesuit institution, but I interviewed at another that was far more neutral/openminded/appealing. They said and I am very nearly verbatim that "If you're on the fence, we hope you hop off and join us, if you're an athiest, this school probably isn't for you, and if you're of another faith we'll accept you but we hope that maybe we can convert you."
Obviously this may speak to some people differently, and I'm sure doesn't 100% represent what happens there, but bad bad vibes in my opinion. Wanted people to know who hadn't heard it already.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
not that I’ve interviewed here, but this makes me not want to go here. Med schools usually try and express how open they are to everyone.OOS A! Super excited/ grateful, probably going to rescind for some opportunities elsewhere.
For what it's worth, I do want to put out there that during the interview, the Dean said some really weird and questionable things about religion. I understand it's a Jesuit institution, but I interviewed at another that was far more neutral/openminded/appealing. They said and I am very nearly verbatim that "If you're on the fence, we hope you hop off and join us, if you're an athiest, this school probably isn't for you, and if you're of another faith we'll accept you but we hope that maybe we can convert you."
Obviously this may speak to some people differently, and I'm sure doesn't 100% represent what happens there, but bad bad vibes in my opinion. Wanted people to know who hadn't heard it already.
Interesting. I interviewed last week and don't remember anything about conversion.OOS A! Super excited/ grateful, probably going to rescind for some opportunities elsewhere.
For what it's worth, I do want to put out there that during the interview, the Dean said some really weird and questionable things about religion. I understand it's a Jesuit institution, but I interviewed at another that was far more neutral/openminded/appealing. They said and I am very nearly verbatim that "If you're on the fence, we hope you hop off and join us, if you're an athiest, this school probably isn't for you, and if you're of another faith we'll accept you but we hope that maybe we can convert you."
Obviously this may speak to some people differently, and I'm sure doesn't 100% represent what happens there, but bad bad vibes in my opinion. Wanted people to know who hadn't heard it already.
BlueRose12
Full Member
I interviewed the week of 9/16 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else? Should I email them?
OOS A for Phoenix campus, interviewed 8/28!!!
i called admissions and they said we would go to committee on thursday
I interviewed the week of 9/16 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else? Should I email them?
i called admissions and they said we will go to committee on thursday and hear back on monday. they had to cancel a meeting because people were out sick so they are a week behindI interviewed the week of 9/16 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else? Should I email them?
findingdory
Full Member
Same here, I can't log into the NEST with my NET ID nor the creighton.edu emailAnyone else who got accepted having trouble paying the $100 deposit? I have no clue how to login and the instructions suck
_overunder_
Full Member
I managed to set up my ID but it took a few hours for me to be able to use it as part of the Creighton email with the Office 365 log-in, not sure if that might be happening for you both? Happy to try and troubleshoot via DM if needed.Same here, I can't log into the NEST with my NET ID nor the creighton.edu email
dietdrpepperluvr
Full Member
OOS A yesterday! interviewed 8/26
yolomaster500
New Member
Has anyone gotten an email about admitted students day yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
findingdory
Full Member
For future reference, you need to use your net [email protected] instead of your [email protected] to log into NEST and pay your deposit!
findingdory
Full Member
I haven't received one yetHas anyone gotten an email about admitted students day yet?
NovaHealer85
Full Member
Congrats to all the As! Is there some type of accepted students thread for this school?
Has anyone received II's recently? Do we know if historically they were still sending them out at this point?
mweather36
Full Member
Are people who interviewed week of 9/23 expecting to get decisions today?
I interviewed that week and was told 10/15 or 21, but it doesn't look like people have heard yet today (admit.org and cycle track). Maybe they are running behind...Are people who interviewed week of 9/23 expecting to get decisions today?
D
deleted1116227
No, it's going to be next MondayAre people who interviewed week of 9/23 expecting to get decisions today?
premed.applying
New Member
Has anyone been to the alternate office hours?
wildcat216
Full Member
Hey all! Sorry if this is a silly question, but after paying the deposit to reserve our seat, we're good right? The "formal reservation" option on the portal is for when we want to fully commit to the school?
_overunder_
Full Member
Not silly at all - did you respond to their offer of acceptance under Step 5 on the portal? I think that bit is required in order to hold your seat within the 14 day window, and you confirm during that process that you paid the fee. This portion is not binding to my understanding, it just confirms that you want a seat held for you. So I wouldn't assume paying the fee alone is sufficient!Hey all! Sorry if this is a silly question, but after paying the deposit to reserve our seat, we're good right? The "formal reservation" option on the portal is for when we want to fully commit to the school?
wildcat216
Full Member
Thank you! I eventually responded yes to the offer under Step 5. After going through it, it seems that it was all just to reserve your seat in addition to the deposit, so I agree! Thanks!Not silly at all - did you respond to their offer of acceptance under Step 5 on the portal? I think that bit is required in order to hold your seat within the 14 day window, and you confirm during that process that you paid the fee. This portion is not binding to my understanding, it just confirms that you want a seat held for you. So I wouldn't assume paying the fee alone is sufficient!
neuropremed123456789
Full Member
woah i didnt see that! thanks so much for asking that
Been awhile since a wave of II, we're due for one.
mweather36
Full Member
Got an email inviting me to admitted students day. Had not received a decision yet. Does this mean I am accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Show up to it regardless.Got an email inviting me to admitted students day. Had not received a decision yet. Does this mean I am accepted?
probably LOL did the thank you message disappear from your portal?Got an email inviting me to admitted students day. Had not received a decision yet. Does this mean I am accepted?
findingdory
Full Member
I've read on previous year's threads that folks who received that invite eventually got the A. You should try reaching out to them!Got an email inviting me to admitted students day. Had not received a decision yet. Does this mean I am accepted?
findingdory
Full Member
Also, I was accepted but have not yet received anything regarding the admitted students day. Anyone else?
Me too, maybe it's different for each campus.Also, I was accepted but have not yet received anything regarding the admitted students day. Anyone else?
mweather36
Full Member
yes it didprobably LOL did the thank you message disappear from your portal?
mweather36
Full Member
OOS A!!
potentialMDcandidate
Full Member
How long after the interview message disappearing did y'all receive news of a decision?
D
deleted1116227
Congrats!! When was your interview date?OOS A to phoenix!
thanks! it was 9/16, i believe?Congrats!! When was your interview date?
potentialMDcandidate
Full Member
Either next week or the following.For those who interviewed the week of 10/7, are we expecting decisions this upcoming weekend?
Expertofbooks
Full Member
I myself interviewed the week of 10/14 and I was told they give out acceptances on a Mondaydo the results typically come on a monday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VINILOVER123
Full Member
Interview tomorrow here, any advice on the experience of the interview?
Expertofbooks
Full Member
My interviews were super conversational. Nice people who just want to know you. Each of the interviewers do have a few questions they are required to ask you like Why Creighton? but otherwise no question was hard to answer, and in my student interview I spent half my time talking about my hobbies. I think one thing I wish I had done was come prepared with more questions to ask them because they did try to allocate about 10 minutes for me to ask them questions in the end of the interview. Overall keep the responses easy going and keep the interview a natural back and forth.Interview tomorrow here, any advice on the experience of the interview?
VINILOVER123
Full Member
Thank you for the response 🙂, really appreciate it
OOS II, no ties