2024-2025 Creighton

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we interviewed 10/7 is it too late to send updates? I waited until I got my new job offer to submit updates but since decisions are made this Thurs for us I'm worried it's too late:/ also did everyone submit a letter of intent?
It's likely too late, but up to you if you want to submit just in case! May benefit you to hold off so that a potential update letter is more robust in the future, but hard to know. I did not submit a letter of interest or intent and was accepted!
 
No, our thank you messages will probably disappear on Thursday/Friday and we should hear back next Monday
I interviewed 10/7 and no longer have the interview message and now have an accepted students day invite. Any chance this means we will be hearing today?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shoot nothing changed in my profile. I think the lack of updates may have screwed me over
i sent an update pretty soon after but haven't gotten any change yet either, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the committee fell a week behind so it could just be that
 
What interview cohort is this? Also huge CONGRATS!!!
I interviewed the week of 9/23. I called the admissions office a while back, and they say they review about 30 out of the 40 people who interview in each Thursday meeting. So you could technically be a part of my cohort but still not have a decision
 
I interviewed the week of 9/23. I called the admissions office a while back, and they say they review about 30 out of the 40 people who interview in each Thursday meeting. So you could technically be a part of my cohort but still not have a decision
Thanks for the insights! Did you send an update/LOI right after your interview? I have my interview next week 🥶
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got the A today! Was wondering when your interviews were? Mine was 10/7 and I'm wondering if I should be concerned that I didn't hear anything today!
 
Congrats to everyone who got the A today! Was wondering when your interviews were? Mine was 10/7 and I'm wondering if I should be concerned that I didn't hear anything today!
It is my understanding that we will go to committee this Thursday, and hear back next week. Although it seems someone earlier in the thread interviewed 10/7 and got an A. They arent on a perfect week by week review so it could be the case that they started some but did not get through all interviewees for that week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those on the alt list did you ever get the chance to talk to admissions to figure out why they put you on the list? Also hoping yall get in 🫶🏻🙏🏻
 
For those on the alt list did you ever get the chance to talk to admissions to figure out why they put you on the list? Also hoping yall get in 🫶🏻🙏🏻
In the interview you will receive more information on questions like this but there is a opportunity for students on the alternatives list to speak with admissions about how to strengthen their application, its like a office hours type thing from what I remember
 
Hey everyone!

Congrats to all of you who have received interviews or acceptances so far at Creighton during this cycle!! I'm a current M2 at Creighton Omaha and honestly could not be happier to have picked this school. The environment here is definitely one of community and collaboration, and I was surprised by how much I genuinely enjoyed my first year of medical school thanks to the awesome people at Creighton.

I know it's early to be thinking about housing during medical school, but I wanted to give a quick plug for Creighton Phi Chi Medical Fraternity, a co-ed living community that includes students from all four years of medical school. Your housemates quickly become some of your best friends and serve as excellent mentors during your first few years of school, providing insight into study resources, extracurriculars, research, and pretty much everything else that will help you succeed in medical school. Living at Phi Chi was hands down the best decision I made at Creighton, and I can't imagine how much more difficult my first year would have been had I not been surrounded by my wonderful housemates. Plus, at Phi Chi you'd get to live in a gorgeous mansion located a mere block away from Omaha's Blackstone district, and we have extremely cheap rent at $625/month (which includes all food and utilities!).

If you want to make the most out of your transition into medical school, please consider living at Phi Chi. If interested or if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]! The house application as well as other information can be found under the APPLY tab of our website www.creightonphichi.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the Spring and Summer. We look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!

Also, if you're attending the upcoming accepted student's day in November, feel free to stop by our house and learn more about why we love living here! We will likely be hosting an open house, and will be giving more info day-of at the presentations and social hour if you want to hear more.
 
If anyone could give advice I'd apprec. I interviewed on 10/7 and since this school has become a strong #1 for me, I want to submit a letter of intent but with decisions coming so soon for my cohort of interviews idk if I should hold off or literally send one today?
Also anyone else not heard back from 10/7 interview week?
 
If anyone could give advice I'd apprec. I interviewed on 10/7 and since this school has become a strong #1 for me, I want to submit a letter of intent but with decisions coming so soon for my cohort of interviews idk if I should hold off or literally send one today?
Also anyone else not heard back from 10/7 interview week?
I intend to hold off on a letter of intent. 10/7 interview as well and have not heard.
 
I would hold off. The timing is a bit too close since we’re not sure if they’re currently reviewing apps/ have made decisions btwn thurs-next mon. My plan is to brace for waitlist, go to office hours to see how i can improve my app, and implement quick changes and mention that in my letter of intent in dec/jan. I feel like this is the best way to show continued interest. And, if you hear back before then with an A, no letter needed🙂
 
Thank you <3 I think I will hold off for now. Do you think we hear back Monday? My portal still says thank you for interviewing.
My portal also still says thank you for interviewing. I was told by admissions that we would go to committee either last Thursday or today, so on that timeline we should hear back on Monday, yet I am not certain they are still on that schedule.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would hold off. The timing is a bit too close since we’re not sure if they’re currently reviewing apps/ have made decisions btwn thurs-next mon. My plan is to brace for waitlist, go to office hours to see how i can improve my app, and implement quick changes and mention that in my letter of intent in dec/jan. I feel like this is the best way to show continued interest. And, if you hear back before then with an A, no letter needed🙂
Thank you guys, this makes me feel better #solidarity