-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Icahn (Mt. Sinai)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PerfectStructure1396
Full Member
CR… hm
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UncleIroh218
Full Member
CR = continuing review, meaning they will decide in the next round of As (A or R), or continue to CR you for future roundswhat does CR mean?
waterdog22
Full Member
+1 IS A AHHHHHH
🤣🤣how you gonna be IS celtics fan??? reject this mf, knickstape 2025
dayoneofmedicine
Full Member
CR! Not at all surprised
TheBolter07
Full Member
CR. For those with an A, when did you interview?
SuperDoof123
Full Member
How am I sitting here with a WL earlier this week if waitlists only come in March? Confused...
How am I sitting here with a WL earlier this week if waitlists only come in March? Confused...
Are you MSTP?
SuperDoof123
Full Member
Yes
That’s prob why MSTP might just do non rolling or have different timelines than MD
SuperDoof123
Full Member
That’s prob why MSTP might just do non rolling or have different timelines than
Do you or anyone else know what the WL movement for the mstp has historically been?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IcahnPlzAcceptMe
Full Member
I’m so cooked bruh… Icahn just tell me yes or no😫
IcahnPlzAcceptMe
Full Member
Had to put $100 on a 10 leg parlay just to feel something🤧
Does anyone know how much a letter of intent would help if you're on CR currently?
RapidSystemRelief
Full Member
I don't see why it would hurt you. I would.Does anyone have any insight on the likelihood of getting an A post CR?
Also, I know Sinai said they like hearing from us post-II, if I sent an update/interest letter a few weeks ago, is there any value in sending another letter (with no updates just more interest)
VINILOVER123
Full Member
I do too but, scroll back around people have talked about it. Also what I have gathered its traditional/ standardized question, so hybrid.
I do too but, scroll back around people have talked about it. Also what I have gathered its traditional/ standardized question, so hybrid.
Wdym hybrid? it’s just traditional questions about app and medicine right?
cashyolan
Full Member
yep! both of mine were very casual and friendly conversations with two different faculty members - I actually enjoyed it a lot. don't be nervous/worried for it, just know your application/main talking points about different common questions but tbh the convo just flowed, it didn't feel super Q&A/interview style. good luck!!!Wdym hybrid? it’s just traditional questions about app and medicine right?
IcahnPlzAcceptMe
Full Member
Based on cycle track (which is off ofc because it’s a low sample size with errors from not reporting or false reporting) it’s very low. Last year 65 interviews recorded with 13 getting accepted in January (20%). With 52 people left on the list, 2 people got accepted in February and 1 in May. So roughly 5.8% based on cycle track, but that’s the only resource I can think to look from.anyone know the chances of being accepted post-CR? or is it just that they are being explicit about not accepting us in the wave that just went out (vs. other schools who don't notify you of that)
cashyolan
Full Member
but it feels kind of crazy that they would do most of their acceptances in just 1 wave in mid janBased on cycle track (which is off ofc because it’s a low sample size with errors from not reporting or false reporting) it’s very low. Last year 65 interviews recorded with 13 getting accepted in January (20%). With 52 people left on the list, 2 people got accepted in February and 1 in May. So roughly 5.8% based on cycle track, but that’s the only resource I can think to look from.
but it feels kind of crazy that they would do most of their acceptances in just wave in mid jan
I agree. I hope they still accept a lot of people in mid Feb. I saw that they admit like 285 students, so unless they accepted nearly that many people i’m pretty sure we still have a chance
PerfectStructure1396
Full Member
I doubt this. There are a lot of other factors - early reporting bias from cycletrack applicants, people who didn’t follow through, etc. Just doing a rough estimate of previous years through the threads, it looks pretty consistent with their post II acceptance rate, ~30-40%. But what happens happens!Based on cycle track (which is off ofc because it’s a low sample size with errors from not reporting or false reporting) it’s very low. Last year 65 interviews recorded with 13 getting accepted in January (20%). With 52 people left on the list, 2 people got accepted in February and 1 in May. So roughly 5.8% based on cycle track, but that’s the only resource I can think to look from.
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
I think their main wave in February
kangler024
Full Member
oh my god. +1 OOS II this morning, complete early august... Literally throwing up I want to go here so bad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! what dates are available?oh my god. +1 OOS II this morning, complete early august... Literally throwing up I want to go here so bad.
kangler024
Full Member
They were scheduling for Wednesday and Friday of this coming week!
any news on an accepted students/second look day?
mamaMother
Full Member
do we get to know our interviewers' names beforehand?
brainrottt
Full Member
Yeah, I was sent an email with the names of my interviewers around 10 days before my interview day
mamaMother
Full Member
ahhh i was able to schedule my interview for like 6 days after I got my II and I haven't received any info yet abt my interviewers
brainrottt
Full Member
Might be different for you since the turn around time is quicker but you should receive the info soon. I wouldn’t stress about it
mamaMother
Full Member
ik most ppl have had positive interview experiences but I was wondering if anyone has had any negative experiences interviewing here?
congrats! when are they scheduling to?wait i got an invite this morning at like 3a pst lol
lm [emoji2396]1
Chunky-Monkey
Full Member
+1 OOS Interview Invite! Very excited 🥳
Chunky-Monkey
Full Member
Mine had the 5th and 12th of this month availablecongrats! when are they scheduling to?
cinnamoroll686
Full Member
just now? and congratulations!!+1 OOS Interview Invite! Very excited 🥳
Chunky-Monkey
Full Member
Nah, bright and early. I think 6:30am EST?just now? and congratulations!!
wantedmd10
Full Member
For people who interviewed around end of January I know we were told we would hear back around end of February, I was wondering since this is a fast turn around when should I send an LOI?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jeeeez that is awesome they are still offering II. Does anyone know when they typically stop sending invites?
trufflewuffle
Full Member
Would they send out only some Pre-II rejections and then reject the remaining applicants all in bulk? I still haven't heard anything since submitting secondary, but also have been spared in the Pre-II rejection waves thus far...
zeyaatin
Full Member
congrats! when are they scheduling to?
valentine’s day is open now too
valentine’s day is open now too
wdym
Last edited: