You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wellwatcanwedonow
Full Member
Withdrew. It was a tough decision but hopefully for the best
I withdrew as well and it was my toughest decision ever lol. Hope my scholarship goes to someone!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any WL movement today?
Let’s pray today is the day homies
TheDono63rd
Full Member
What does this mean?Just so everyone can maybe get their mind of this until next week, one person on cycle track yesterday.
I think they only do one day each week for waitlist acceptances per last years thread. Someone reported an acceptance on cycle track yesterday. So I don’t think we will hear back until next week. Sorry, was unclear. 😓What does this mean?
TheDono63rd
Full Member
Cool, thanks for the information.I think they only do one day each week for waitlist acceptances per last years thread. Someone reported an acceptance on cycle track yesterday. So I don’t think we will hear back until next week. Sorry, was unclear. 😓
Congrats! Did you get a phone call or email?
Or not[emoji174][emoji17]
They didn’t forget about you!!!
Im shaking tbh😂😂They didn’t forget about you!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
email!Congrats! Did you get a phone call or email?
Alright Sinai I’m waiting for my turn
Do the wl offers that come out on a given day all come out the same time?
TheDono63rd
Full Member
No clue, probably not
TheDono63rd
Full Member
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked/how active the list is usually?
Any movement?
PrYing hoping wishing pls
Losing hope 💔🥲
I think FAFSA stuff is definitely causing delays, and from past threads, people heard back in the weeks following this until around the first week of June. I wouldn't lose hope!!Losing hope 💔🥲
TheDono63rd
Full Member
We gotta believe!! 🙂
Day 183 of still believing this school will accept meWe gotta believe!! 🙂
TheDono63rd
Full Member
My doctor went to Sinai she said she got accepted day before orientation lol...try day 365 🤣Day 183 of still believing this school will accept me
The way it’s been like 300+ days since I applied LOL
TheDono63rd
Full Member
For real man... lowkey about to be 365+ lolThe way it’s been like 300+ days since I applied LOL
My doctor went to Sinai she said she got accepted day before orientation lol...try day 365 🤣
My current A has a pretty early CTE in Mid June so I need them to start moving the ball already lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheDono63rd
Full Member
Mine too June 15th lol, but I think on the Sinai WL tab on the portal it says you can tell them as it gets close. If I am not mistaken.My current A has a pretty early CTE in Mid June so I need them to start moving the ball already lol
Has no one heard anything? The only reported A off the WL on SDN was last Monday
I have seen that the facebook group had a couple people added over the past few weeks--at some point it went down like 10 people and then back up, but I don't really bank on that movement because there could totally be people there who joined earlier and committed elsewhere and haven't left, people who only just decided to join, M1's etc. Otherwise, haven't seen anything. They also had commencement last week, so I am thinking (/hoping) that there will be news this week or maybe after. Crossing my fingers for us all!!!Has no one heard anything? The only reported A off the WL on SDN was last Monday
Another day of throwing my self respect in the trash and waiting for Sinai to pick me
soccercity15
Full Member
felt 💀Another day of throwing my self respect in the trash and waiting for Sinai to pick me
the urge to call admissions...
Honestly not a bad idea. It seems like a lot of people at other schools are doing it
At this point I don’t even know if they’re going to take us off the WL before the end of 2024
Did anyone have luck negotiating their cost of attendance down with admissions?
I did not. The rules/calculations seem to be very rigidDid anyone have luck negotiating their cost of attendance down with admissions?
Did anyone have luck negotiating their cost of attendance down with admissions?
Were you accepted before or accepted off the waitlist?
Accepted wayyy before but never waitlisted. I ended up dropping it because I got in somewhere else. I was talking to a friend recently who mentioned they negotiated their northwestern tuition down to 90% covered from 50% because our state school offered them 100%. Wondering if I messed up not negotiating lol. I mean no going back now lol but just wondering if this would've been something that worked at Mount Sinai.Were you accepted before or accepted off the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A off the WL… unreal
Congrats! Do you know if you plan on accepting it yet?
Thank you! Yes I plan to!Congrats! Do you know if you plan on accepting it yet?
Thinking of applying her next cycle if my new MCAT is much higher. At what MCAT should I even begin considering here for an ORM/white dude with decent EC's?