2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS R. Thanks Sinai for waiting so long to reject me and giving me all that hopium lol.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
+1 Pre-II R, the last vestiges of the manhattan dream have been stomped out lol

Members don't see this ad :)
IS A!! Heard there's no accepted students' groupme? Does the school create 1?

Reactions: 1 user
IS A!! Heard there's no accepted students' groupme? Does the school create 1?
Sorry to nag but did you get it just now or earlier w the other A? Wondering if I should stress for the rest of the evening or shut off my brain

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R

My friend is under further consideration, so I am still sending good wishes and energy to this institution.

Sorry to nag but did you get it just now or earlier w the other A? Wondering if I should stress for the rest of the evening or shut off my brain
got the email at 1pm. Hope you hear some good news soon! *fingers crossed* for ya

Did any early Feb interviewees also hear during interview day that we will hear back by the end of Feb? Based on previous years, probs unlikely that we’ll hear back until mid/late March right?

Did any early Feb interviewees also hear during interview day that we will hear back by the end of Feb? Based on previous years, probs unlikely that we’ll hear back until mid/late March right?

This school works in waves. Late Jan, late Feb, and late March. The Feb wave was this past Friday. If you didn’t hear anything, then you probably won’t hear anything until the March wave

interviewed early feb and was also told at the end of the interview day we would hear by the end of the month. Not sure what that means now given the A wave on friday

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have to make a deposit to hold our seat? I don't see it being mentioned anywhere..

Do we think Einstein’s news will impact Sinai’s acceptances?

quick question-- does sinai allow for folks to write notes or letters for us (like supervisors, mentors etc) post CR, or is it strictly update letters/LOI's from us? If so, does anyone know if it can be sent as an email to them, or must it be uploaded to our portal?

A group for accepted students has been created by on of the accepted students.
Here is the link

You're invited to my new group 'Icahn Accepted Students Group' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

• Love
Does anyone have any thoughts on Icahn vs Weill? I got CR here and WL at Cornell, so I'm trying to figure out where to send my letter of intent. Any advice would be appreciated <3

Does anyone have any thoughts on Icahn vs Weill? I got CR here and WL at Cornell, so I'm trying to figure out where to send my letter of intent. Any advice would be appreciated <3
Weill has a debt free program if you qualify. So that is definitely a huge factor.

Anyone know how heavily LOI are weighted here? Currently CR and didn't get interview until Jan, so not sure if there's a point in sending my LOI here, even though it's probably my top choice

Anyone know how heavily LOI are weighted here? Currently CR and didn't get interview until Jan, so not sure if there's a point in sending my LOI here, even though it's probably my top choice
On my interview day, they said they want to hear from you so I think they care

Definitely send one if it's your first choice. They mentioned that they like communication from applicants.

CR last Friday - does anyone know what the CR to A conversion rate looks like here?

Does anyone know when the decisions will come out for the last batch of interviews which took place in February? Any info on past years?

Does anyone know when the decisions will come out for the last batch of interviews which took place in February? Any info on past years?
Someone posted these notification dates a few pages back:

3/24/23 Friday
3/18/22 Friday
3/19/21 Friday
3/28/20 Saturday
3/22/19 Friday

For those going to the Icahn Preview weekend and that aren't from the area, where are you planning to spend the night

For those going to the Icahn Preview weekend and that aren't from the area, where are you planning to spend the night
If u guys need help deciding on neighborhoods, hmu! I'm from around the area so I can help!

Any current students here? What is your experience? I am trying to choose between Sinai and Einstein.

Any current students here? What is your experience? I am trying to choose between Sinai and Einstein.

Disclaimer: I’m on continued review for Sinai

If I had the option between these two schools I’d easily pick the free tuition. They’re both big name elite schools in the city and I do believe Sinai has the slight edge over Einstein but I don’t think that edge would open any more doors that would amount to free tuition. Plus Einstein will probably be way more elite by the time you graduate since the free tuition will be attracting stellar applicants and it’ll become a stronger school. By the time you pay all those loans off that interest will have doubled your loan balance. Needless to say I was really upset when I didn’t get into Einstein lol

Have most As been given out already or are there still a lot left for the March wave? I see that there’s ~60 ppl in the FB group

anyone else still havent heard back from sinai? interviewed back in early oct

what are we thinking... tomorrow?

Omg just got the research day email and I literally felt my heart try to climb up my esophagus

• Haha
If I had an ounce of self respect I would have withdrawn from this school so they couldn’t play me with their Icahn Insights email.

But unfortunately I don’t so I’ll see you all next week

If I had an ounce of self respect I would have withdrawn from this school so they couldn’t play me with their Icahn Insights email.

But unfortunately I don’t so I’ll see you all next week
you get them after acceptance too but now they don’t go to spam haha

Does anyone know about the deferral policy at sinai? Whether it is allowed and how to request it?

lord have mercy on our souls judgement day approaches.

For once I beg you bury me in so much work that I only think about decisions when the email hits my inbox

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
out of curiosity how many of us got a Continued Review email and are waiting for a post interview decision? Like this message if you are!

Reactions: 18 users