2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did any early Feb interviewees also hear during interview day that we will hear back by the end of Feb? Based on previous years, probs unlikely that we’ll hear back until mid/late March right?

This school works in waves. Late Jan, late Feb, and late March. The Feb wave was this past Friday. If you didn’t hear anything, then you probably won’t hear anything until the March wave
 
Did any early Feb interviewees also hear during interview day that we will hear back by the end of Feb? Based on previous years, probs unlikely that we’ll hear back until mid/late March right?
interviewed early feb and was also told at the end of the interview day we would hear by the end of the month. Not sure what that means now given the A wave on friday
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quick question-- does sinai allow for folks to write notes or letters for us (like supervisors, mentors etc) post CR, or is it strictly update letters/LOI's from us? If so, does anyone know if it can be sent as an email to them, or must it be uploaded to our portal?
 
A group for accepted students has been created by on of the accepted students.
Here is the link

You're invited to my new group 'Icahn Accepted Students Group' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
 
Does anyone have any thoughts on Icahn vs Weill? I got CR here and WL at Cornell, so I'm trying to figure out where to send my letter of intent. Any advice would be appreciated <3
 
Anyone know how heavily LOI are weighted here? Currently CR and didn't get interview until Jan, so not sure if there's a point in sending my LOI here, even though it's probably my top choice
 
Anyone know how heavily LOI are weighted here? Currently CR and didn't get interview until Jan, so not sure if there's a point in sending my LOI here, even though it's probably my top choice
Definitely send one if it's your first choice. They mentioned that they like communication from applicants.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current students here? What is your experience? I am trying to choose between Sinai and Einstein.

Disclaimer: I’m on continued review for Sinai

If I had the option between these two schools I’d easily pick the free tuition. They’re both big name elite schools in the city and I do believe Sinai has the slight edge over Einstein but I don’t think that edge would open any more doors that would amount to free tuition. Plus Einstein will probably be way more elite by the time you graduate since the free tuition will be attracting stellar applicants and it’ll become a stronger school. By the time you pay all those loans off that interest will have doubled your loan balance. Needless to say I was really upset when I didn’t get into Einstein lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I had an ounce of self respect I would have withdrawn from this school so they couldn’t play me with their Icahn Insights email.

But unfortunately I don’t so I’ll see you all next week
you get them after acceptance too but now they don’t go to spam haha
 
What time do we think decisions will come out tomorrow (if we even think it’s tomorrow)?

I have a good feeling it’s tomorrow. It’s been 4 weeks since the last communication (which was 4 weeks after the Jan communication) and it’s the week after Match Day which is historically when they send them.

As for time, last year seemed to be after 5:30 PM EST for the March Wave. This past Jan was at 10 PM EST. This past Feb was at like 1:30 PM I think.

In conclusion, the crippling anxiety could either last until tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon, tomorrow evening, or indefinitely.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad