You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Icahn (Mt. Sinai)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
brainrottt
Full Member
Does anyone know what day we will hear back? I interviewed in September
I believe around mid January
congrats!!!! when did you submit your secondary if you don’t mind me asking?OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who provided pre-II updates, did you just upload to the portal (under Document Upload), or did you reach out to let admissions know, too? Just curious because VUSM asks explicitly to email them to inform them we've uploaded.
D
deleted1125342
I uploadedTo those who provided pre-II updates, did you just upload to the portal (under Document Upload), or did you reach out to let admissions know, too? Just curious because VUSM asks explicitly to email them to inform them we've uploaded.
From the Icahn website:
What is the policy on providing application updates?
Applicants may submit updates to their application throughout the admissions cycle, through the secondary application portal under the “Document upload” tab.
Last edited by a moderator:
did anyone submit a post-II letter of continued interest? this is my top choice by far, not sure if i should send a more neutral update letter or really emphasize my interest and fit, especially since decisions aren't yet out
scientistabc
Full Member
yes, pretty sure in the interview day they said they really want to hear about your interestdid anyone submit a post-II letter of continued interest? this is my top choice by far, not sure if i should send a more neutral update letter or really emphasize my interest and fit, especially since decisions aren't yet out
sesame_seed
New Member
OOS pre-II R just now, complete 7/24 LM 74
Oneeyedwonder17
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, complete 9/3
restingduck
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, complete 7/16
Outlandish123
Full Member
How do we send thank you notes after an interview, do I just email admissions?
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
Do you guys think it's a good idea to send a POST II letter of interest before decisions come out next week?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
yes! they emphasized wanting to hear from us before decisions release!!Do you guys think it's a good idea to send a POST II letter of interest before decisions come out next week?
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
I don't really have any updates though. Do I just send a general letter of interest?yes! they emphasized wanting to hear from us before decisions release!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't really have any updates though. Do I just send a general letter of interest?
I would! I mentioned a few very insignificant “updates” (gap year activities that I told them I would do in my secondary), but most was interest. I think they said they would definitely appreciate hearing from us if we are interested!
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Same here — didn’t have anything substantial to update on, mostly just tried to convey my interestI would! I mentioned a few very insignificant “updates” (gap year activities that I told them I would do in my secondary), but most was interest. I think they said they would definitely appreciate hearing from us if we are interested!
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
Thanks a lot y'all. One last thing, did you guys email or update it in the portal?Same here — didn’t have anything substantial to update on, mostly just tried to convey my interest
portal!Thanks a lot y'all. One last thing, did you guys email or update it in the portal?
justsomeguy2
Full Member
Thinking decisions might come out next Friday?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Think so too I’m terrifiedThinking decisions might come out next Friday?
flowerplant2000
Full Member
I interviewed late December and I think they told us mid or late feb? unless im recalling wrong
D
deleted1180326
that is for the second round of decisionsI interviewed late December and I think they told us mid or late feb? unless im recalling wrong
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
I didn’tI have a feeling first round results are coming out next Friday. Says so on MSAR at least. By the way, did you guys receive a confirmation after uploading the LOI?
TheBolter07
Full Member
Big week! [emoji1696]
Mcatbro123
Full Member
Big week! [emoji1696]
Is this THE week?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
i'm nervous
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
This week going by so slowly
newkungfukenny
Full Member
I scoured past years for Sinai on sdn and people get IIs as late as early Feb lol… so definitely possible they’ll hit you w one soonno II but escaped all the R waves….what does this mean😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
really hoping so🤞I scoured past years for Sinai on sdn and people get IIs as late as early Feb lol… so definitely possible they’ll hit you w one soon
tamparesident
Full Member
I didnt apply but i just met the Dean of the medical school and an international research conference. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable. Great to have someone so research oriented and forward thinking like that leading your school guys.
IcahnPlzAcceptMe
Full Member
I need to know Icahn! 😫
no II but escaped all the R waves….what does this mean[emoji24][emoji24]
same but i’m so down bad
VINILOVER123
Full Member
IS II complete sept lm63
when are they scheduling out to?IS II complete sept lm63
icecreamairpods
Full Member
This has been the slowest week of my life....
TheBolter07
Full Member
This has been the slowest week of my life....
I truly have never experienced anything like it.
KnightTalking
Full Member
im not ready for tmrw
KnightTalking
Full Member
according to msar, tomorrow is the first day they would announce acceptances
TheGOOD_MD_slimreaper
Full Member
I'm calling 4 pm tomorrow.
hopefully it's not like 8pm tmrwI'm calling 4 pm tomorrow.
newkungfukenny
Full Member
it was like 6:30 pm PST last year 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Adpotential2025
Full Member
Congrats first of all! and I haven't interviewed here so can't really answer you question. But would you be able to share when your secondary was submitted an did you uploaded an update pre-II? I am debating whether I should upload an update or not considering I have dodged all R waves so far but also no II yet.OOS II! What was the interview experience like for yall?
IcahnPlzAcceptMe
Full Member
Really awesome. I interviewed at 4 schools before my interview at Icahn, and it was by far my favorite overall. They did a really good job explaining why the school is amazing, along with their curriculum and opportunities for students. The interviewers were friendly and it was very conversational compared to the other interviews I attended.OOS II! What was the interview experience like for yall?
brainrottt
Full Member
Love the username lol
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Second this lol, their interview day was genuinely amazingReally awesome. I interviewed at 4 schools before my interview at Icahn, and it was by far my favorite overall. They did a really good job explaining why the school is amazing, along with their curriculum and opportunities for students. The interviewers were friendly and it was very conversational compared to the other interviews I attended.
IS II submitted 7/2