-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
brainfart123
Full Member
Is there an accepted students group chat for UICOM? If not is anyone down to make one?
D
deleted1205103
Hello Everybody! I’m new to SDN and I had a fabulous interview with UIC on 11/14, however I received a DD today 🙁. I was wondering if anybody else from 11/14 (or 11/15) had gotten an acceptance yet! Thank you so much!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greaseball01
New Member
Interviewed 9/18, still DD....
12345678912345689
New Member
Yes, reach out to CaliEl, they posted in this forum thread on 10/24. They will add you to one.Is there an accepted students group chat for UICOM? If not is anyone down to make one?
flowerplant2000
Full Member
following up on this? any thoughts or advice from current students?Does anyone know if this question "Since your interview with UI COM, is there any new information you’ve learned about our campuses or programs that you would like to share with us?" will affect our campus assignment..?
I was on DD last month and got the A yesterday. I personally would like to be on the Chicago campus, so maybe I could use the space to reiterate that? but there isnt any new info that I learned (as of yet lol)
This may be the wrong approach, but I honestly just restated things I’d previously mentioned about a specific campus (and was assigned to that campus)following up on this? any thoughts or advice from current students?
I was on DD last month and got the A yesterday. I personally would like to be on the Chicago campus, so maybe I could use the space to reiterate that? but there isnt any new info that I learned (as of yet lol)
Tons of people from Chicago still get Peoria and Rockford it’s randomIS/Chicago A!!!! Interviewed 9/17. Does anyone know of any people who are from Chicago that were placed in Peoria/Rockford? Really hoping they don't do me dirty like that lol
brainfart123
Full Member
Is there anyone who got accepted that didn't get assigned to Chicago? I saw somewhere that campus assignments to Chicago are usually first come first serve and that seats for the Chicago campus gets filled pretty quickly.
exileinandersonville
Full Member
IS II!! Complete 7/20
That’s not true I know lots of people that interviewed in the first few slots who didn’t get chicagoIs there anyone who got accepted that didn't get assigned to Chicago? I saw somewhere that campus assignments to Chicago are usually first come first serve and that seats for the Chicago campus gets filled pretty quickly.
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
When do we get campus placements
WinterSnowball
Full Member
For those interviewed, do they send an email or do a phone call for acceptance/delayed decision?
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
I got a DD email, im assuming acceptances are also emailsFor those interviewed, do they send an email or do a phone call for acceptance/delayed decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
super chill dont worry too much! their staff make it as stress free as possible and the mmi wasn't bad at all. good luck!Anyone who interviewed for MSTP have any words of wisdom to share? Interviewing tmrw and super nervyy
super chill dont worry too much! their staff make it as stress free as possible and the mmi wasn't bad at all. good luck!
That’s so good to hear, thank you 🫡
brainfart123
Full Member
For those who submitted their campus rankings, how do you know if it's submitted or not..? I keep pressing submit but it still lets me edit it and it looks like it's not actually submitted idk
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
Same here lol. Do we know when they will give us our placement?For those who submitted their campus rankings, how do you know if it's submitted or not..? I keep pressing submit but it still lets me edit it and it looks like it's not actually submitted idk
brainfart123
Full Member
Ok glad im not the only one. I think 2-4 weeks..?Same here lol. Do we know when they will give us our placement?
Shadowreaper2355
Full Member
So I'm an OOS and submitted my application back on 8/12, but I haven't heard anything. Did they miss me or something? 😅
WinterSnowball
Full Member
For the individuals that interviewed, how long did it take after your interview to hear back?
Anyone hear back from the rural med program yet?
Same boat except I'm instate :/So I'm an OOS and submitted my application back on 8/12, but I haven't heard anything. Did they miss me or something? 😅
I interviewed in Sept and got put on delayed decision on ~10/21For the individuals that interviewed, how long did it take after your interview to hear back?
More people are put on DD earlier in the cycle so that those who interview later have the same chance of acceptanceDo the majority of interviewed students get put on delayed decision? It seems most people accepted in November were DD for a month before receiving an acceptance
brainfart123
Full Member
Anyone who got an A on 11/22 get their campus assignment yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
d00dledoc
New Member
No unfortunately not, I've been on the edge of my seat since!Anyone who got an A on 11/22 get their campus assignment yet?
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
Same here omgNo unfortunately not, I've been on the edge of my seat since!
freezyqueen1432
Full Member
Is it common to be on DD for multiple months? Interviewed in late Sept. and was placed on DD in Oct., then didn’t hear anything in Nov. either and trying not to overthink it 🥲🥲
D
deleted1056066
Yes! They talk about it in the FAQ, they say it can take a really long time. There’s reports from past years of people waiting from October until March…Is it common to be on DD for multiple months? Interviewed in late Sept. and was placed on DD in Oct., then didn’t hear anything in Nov. either and trying not to overthink it 🥲🥲
Last edited by a moderator:
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
did anyone who got the A on 11/22 get their campus assignment? when can we expect it? been two weeks and ive been refreshing like crazy lol
brainfart123
Full Member
Nope.. It looks like some people had to wait up to a month for their campus assignment. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting :/did anyone who got the A on 11/22 get their campus assignment? when can we expect it? been two weeks and ive been refreshing like crazy lol
user164935
New Member
Same 🙁 Complete 8/10 IS applicant.Is anyone else still waiting for an II? I received the secondary on 7/15 and completed it on 7/18. Beginning to slowly lose confidence
I think like a lot of ppl said before based on previous years, there might be a large amount of interviews sent in feb?? So I'm trying to hold onto that for some hope 😢Same 🙁 Complete 8/10 IS applicant.
Unsure, but the very small and biased sample size on cycletrack has 33% ish ( Illinois ). I don't really trust the data bc of the small number that get reported on there, but also the post-II MD acceptance rate on there is about 80% which seems pretty consistent (but again a lot more data points for MD). Best of luck!!Anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for MSTP? I think I saw earlier for MD only it was 80%
Congratz! when was your app complete?OOS II yesterday morning, only interview thus far so I hope to god it goes well 😳
During my interview, they said they admit about 80% of interviewees, so it is consistent at least for the 80%.Unsure, but the very small and biased sample size on cycletrack has 33% ish ( Illinois ). I don't really trust the data bc of the small number that get reported on there, but also the post-II MD acceptance rate on there is about 80% which seems pretty consistent (but again a lot more data points for MD). Best of luck!!
Giants28
New Member
Thanks! July 21Congratz! when was your app complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
been on the edge of my seat since lol, still no updatesNope.. It looks like some people had to wait up to a month for their campus assignment. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting :/
looks like we'll be approaching the 1 month mark in 11 days so hopefully the wait will be over soon!
brainfart123
Full Member
I have a feeling we might get it next Monday. I think the people who got accepted in October got their campus assignment the 4th Monday after their acceptance.been on the edge of my seat since lol, still no updates
looks like we'll be approaching the 1 month mark in 11 days so hopefully the wait will be over soon!
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
Thank you!I have a feeling we might get it next Monday. I think the people who got accepted in October got their campus assignment the 4th Monday after their acceptance.
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
So todays the day?Thank you!
brainfart123
Full Member
Honestly I have no idea LOL I just had a feeling it was today. Does it still let you change your rankings? Cuz mine still does..So todays the day?