-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
turtle3113
Full Member
Anyone who is interviewing this week, did you guys get an email about what time the interview day starts and how long it's gonna last?
I interview here last week and the interview day started at 8am CST and ended around 1/1:30pm CST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same-ish boat! IS applicant w an LM of 67 and submitted my secondary 8/3 🙁 Praying we get a chance at interviewing! Not loosing hope til I hear a literal rejection LOLI completed my secondary 8/10 IS applicant with an LM of 67.5 and still have not received anything. Are my chances completely gone in receiving an II?
brainfart123
Full Member
When did you get your email with the zoom link for the interview..?I interview here last week and the interview day started at 8am CST and ended around 1/1:30pm CST
turtle3113
Full Member
When did you get your email with the zoom link for the interview..?
I interviewed on a Tuesday and I got the zoom link the friday right before!
semi-sweetdoc
Full Member
Same but a lower LM score!I'm in the same-ish boat! IS applicant w an LM of 67 and submitted my secondary 8/3 🙁 Praying we get a chance at interviewing! Not loosing hope til I hear a literal rejection LOL
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
not yet, been waiting for it lolAnyone hear DD notification yet? Or are they not sending them out this year?
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
I don't think they'll send it today as it's past 5pm. Maybe tomorrow?Also still waiting for a DD email
Premed1_5
New Member
Strange, I checked last year's SDN and students got the DD email the Monday right after first wave. A lot of people also didn't get the DD email but were on it technically speaking, so I thought I was in that bunch. I guess we wait and find out. Hopefully within the next day or two, assuming they haven't changed their logistics up from the past few years.
UIC most schools don’t have DDIs this specifically for UIC or all schools in general?
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
UIC just sent DD email
DD, interview in September.
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
DD, interviewed 9/26
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, only school I know of that do DD are UIC and VermontUIC most schools don’t have DD
DD, interviewed 10/2
I’m sorry what does DD mean
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
delayed/deferred decisionI’m sorry what does DD mean
Adding to this list in case others are curious: Louisville, Ohio State, and Case Western also are doing DD/"hold for continued review" post interview this year.Yes, only school I know of that do DD are UIC and Vermont
flowerplant2000
Full Member
what are the chances of getting off DD into A?
High. ~80% of people who interview get accepted.what are the chances of getting off DD into A?
Getting DD today followed an email of the group photo from the interview and a feedback survey is very silly tbh
turtle3113
Full Member
Getting DD today followed an email of the group photo from the interview and a feedback survey is very silly tbh
When did you interview?
Same I ✨slayed✨but tbh I felt like I looked SO cute and glowing in the group photo so that is what I will be thinking about until the next CoA meeting
Are you talking about the post bacc program? I would assume that the interview process is separate from the MD program.Has anyone been accepted to PAP?
brainfart123
Full Member
Not to scare anyone who has an upcoming interview here, but my interview was NOT chill.. I mean the people were chill but the questions were definitely not chill. Especially the MMIs... The questions were hard in my opinion. And a couple of questions I'd see in an MMI were asked during my traditional interview and not so many questions about myself. 🙂
brainfart123
Full Member
You're probably not the only one who struggled through a few questions so don't worry too much! I've seen people who think they bombed their interviews get accepted. I realized that I tend to remember the ones I stuttered on more vividly than the ones I did well on. So your opinion on your performance in the interview may not be accurate! I'm sure you did well but it just really depends on how the interviewers felt about you as a person.does anyone who feel like they did a little shaky in some questions get accepted? do they put a lot of empahasis on the interview to determine your acceptance? i felt during my faculty interview i stuttered and rambled a little, so not sure how to feel!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brainfart123
Full Member
Also, my faculty interview was so structured.. The interviewer began by saying "I'll be asking you 6 questions..." No follow up questions on my answers whatsoever... He did add a few comments like "I like your philosophy" or "You're definitely right!" but idk... They seemed a bit dry to me LOL
That is so interesting because mine was super conversationalAlso, my faculty interview was so structured.. The interviewer began by saying "I'll be asking you 6 questions..." No follow up questions on my answers whatsoever... He did add a few comments like "I like your philosophy" or "You're definitely right!" but idk... They seemed a bit dry to me LOL
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
Mine too, I went through the required questions quickly with my interviewer then we just started talkingThat is so interesting because mine was super conversational
brainfart123
Full Member
Really... I was hoping mine would be conversational too. I prepared a spiel for "Tell me about yourself" and he didn't even ask me that LOL Maybe he's not as experienced as the others in interviewing.... Idk... Hope I left a good impression tho..That is so interesting because mine was super conversational
brainfart123
Full Member
There was only like 10 minutes left after my required questions and then I asked some questions too which took up about 5 minutes. We did have a little conversation for a minute or two but nothing special... IM WORRIED. hahaMine too, I went through the required questions quickly with my interviewer then we just started talking
I am sure interviewers all have to hit certain questions/aspects of our candidacies, but they all approach it in different ways. It sounds like your person was more direct. I am sure you did great 🙂There was only like 10 minutes left after my required questions and then I asked some questions too which took up about 5 minutes. We did have a little conversation for a minute or two but nothing special... IM WORRIED. haha
12345678912345689
New Member
I made a group chat for those accepted to the Chicago campus. Let me know if you want the link!
brainfart123
Full Member
So for those who interviewed this week, I'm guessing that we have to wait until 11/20ish for our decisions right?
turtle3113
Full Member
So for those who interviewed this week, I'm guessing that we have to wait until 11/20ish for our decisions right?
i interviewed 10/15 and I’m expecting to hear back around 11/20 as well.. seems like the committee meets the 3rd thurs of every month and then gives out A’s the next day
brainfart123
Full Member
I would assume all the way towards the end of the cycle?Anyone know when WL movement starts
It usually takes 2-3 weeks after you submit your rank list, they also don't email you about it right away so you will have to keep checking your portalDoes anyone know when find out our campus selection?
D
deleted1056066
Congrats!!! What was your complete date for your secondary?+1 IS Interview LFGGGGG
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May. No one gets waitlisted until April thoughAnyone know when WL movement starts
Thanks! I submitted on 8/10Congrats!!! What was your complete date for your secondary?
brainfart123
Full Member
I had a feeling that it was closed just because they didn't ask any questions specific to my application. But not completely sure.Does anyone have any tips for interview prep? Is it open file or closed?
For me, I didn't really do mock interviews but I watched a couple of mock interview videos on the medical school hq channel which helped a lot!