-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I feel like I got the information very last minute. Maybe day before?uhhh, when are they supposed to send the interview information... my interview is in two days and they haven't sent a zoom link or anything
UICOM doesn't use a waitlist until like May, so you will be on deferred decision, people on DD get As every month there is no real way to know when unfortunately, some people are put on DD in October and get an A in April, some people get DD in March and get an A May, just depends. However, almost everyone they interview gets an A so the DD is mostly to make sure those interviewed later have the same chance.Anyone know when WL movement starts
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bigfoot36487
Full Member
Does this school accept pre-ll update letters?
Yeah put it on the portalDoes this school accept pre-ll update letters?
medicalchic17
Full Member
for those that have interviewed, did you send thank you notes? and if so did you only send it to the faculty interviewer?
Anyone apply rmed? Have you heard anything?
I did not (+ was accepted in this first wave). The dean that was present during my interview day was explicit in that thank-you notes have no bearing on your odds of admission—of course send one if it feels genuine though!for those that have interviewed, did you send thank you notes? and if so did you only send it to the faculty interviewer?
Last interviews were second week of March. relaxWhen should we start getting nervous/losing hope for an interview...
nakedgangcc
Full Member
first OOS II yesterday!!! complete 8/15
Anyone think more decisions will come out tomorrow, 11/15?
Admissions committee meets the third thursday of every month and decisions come the days after that so I would expect more like next weekendAnyone think more decisions will come out tomorrow, 11/15?
chemicalrush21
Full Member
If I was complete 9/15, is it safe to assume they probably haven't got to my app yet? I know apps are reviewed in random order sometimes, but just wondering if the silence could potentially mean that they are uninterested in my app. Thanks in advance for helping calm my neuroticism! LOL
marlborolucky
Full Member
anyone on DD know when we should hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone on DD know when we should hear anything?
They meet every third Thursday of the month and decisions come out the day later or the following Monday. Each month is an opportunity to get another DD, an A, or a WL
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
Do they notify you every meeting again if you're DD still?They meet every third Thursday of the month and decisions come out the day later or the following Monday. Each month is an opportunity to get another DD, an A, or a WL
They have probably seen it, just haven't made a decision on interviewers yet, its a very dynamic process, I wouldn't worry too muchIf I was complete 9/15, is it safe to assume they probably haven't got to my app yet? I know apps are reviewed in random order sometimes, but just wondering if the silence could potentially mean that they are uninterested in my app. Thanks in advance for helping calm my neuroticism! LOL
I havn’t wondering when we will hearTo those who’ve been accepted: have any of you received a campus assignment yet?
nakedgangcc
Full Member
For those who interviewed, when do they send interview details?
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
I got my schedule the day before in the morningFor those who interviewed, when do they send interview details?
backpackgf
Full Member
Accepted in Oct, Just got campus assignment email! Anyone know when we’ll start to hear about scholarships?
12345678912345689
New Member
For those accepted to Chicago: UICOM Chicago Class of 2029
D
deleted1056066
I’m in the same boat, but from what I’ve seen only one person has gotten an interview that submitted in September, and nobody has yet from mid-September. I’ve resolved to just wait until the second big wave of interviews in February LOLIf I was complete 9/15, is it safe to assume they probably haven't got to my app yet? I know apps are reviewed in random order sometimes, but just wondering if the silence could potentially mean that they are uninterested in my app. Thanks in advance for helping calm my neuroticism! LOL
commanding_outlook
New Member
Do you think decisions will be made Friday for last month's interviewees? how long is turnaround
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Oh what really, only one II from September? That's hella reassuring!! Hoping we hear back sometime soon 🙂I’m in the same boat, but from what I’ve seen only one person has gotten an interview that submitted in September, and nobody has yet from mid-September. I’ve resolved to just wait until the second big wave of interviews in February LOL
WinterSnowball
Full Member
To add my timeline to this thread for anyone interested.
Secondary received: 8/29
Secondary submitted: 9/12
OOS Interview invite received: 11/18
There were a total of 5 interviewees on my interview day.
Hope my timeline is helpful to someone.
Secondary received: 8/29
Secondary submitted: 9/12
OOS Interview invite received: 11/18
There were a total of 5 interviewees on my interview day.
Hope my timeline is helpful to someone.
Hoping we all get good news tomorrow 🤞
D
deleted1203533
5 centralWhat time did they start sending out acceptances last month?
Good luck to everyone waiting for that A today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone else?
ranger_rango
Full Member
OOS A! Came off DD. Interviewed 9/25.
Nontrad_App_098
Full Member
Does anyone know if they're still going to send more II's?
commanding_outlook
New Member
does it all roll out at one time? Anyone with an A who interviewed 10/22?
or 10/15 loldoes it all roll out at one time? Anyone with an A who interviewed 10/22?
brainfart123
Full Member
OOS A!! LETS GOOOOOOO
D
deleted1203533
Anybody who interviewed last week?
brainfart123
Full Member
Does anyone know if this question "Since your interview with UI COM, is there any new information you’ve learned about our campuses or programs that you would like to share with us?" will affect our campus assignment..?
D
deleted1203533
DD email just now, interview 11/15. I love this!!
equivalent_wear123
Full Member
DD just nowAnybody who interviewed last week?
turtle3113
Full Member
DD interviewed 10/15
medicalchic17
Full Member
do we think they will send another round of decisions next month? since the third thursday is so close to the holidays
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t send any updates.for those who got off DD, did you send an update letter?
d00dledoc
New Member
it's making me nervous because I'm like...no?Does anyone know if this question "Since your interview with UI COM, is there any new information you’ve learned about our campuses or programs that you would like to share with us?" will affect our campus assignment..?
D
deleted1203533
Dang, feel pretty bummed. Didn’t go into today feeling super optimistic about getting the A today since I interviewed a week ago and they seemed pretty ambivalent about getting results next week but feel defeated by the whole thing nonetheless. Congrats to you all tho!