2024-2025 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To calm my neurosis, when in the day did people receive their decisions? Signed, an interviewee hoping to hear back tomorrow or next Friday :')
 
Oh woah thats awesome. And then how long after until you received your campus assignment?
Hopefully this upcoming Monday, which will make it from 1/17 to 2/17. Someone said that later in the cycle they are faster in campus assignments, but this year campus assignments have come out the Monday before admission decisions
 
Hopefully this upcoming Monday, which will make it from 1/17 to 2/17. Someone said that later in the cycle they are faster in campus assignments, but this year campus assignments have come out the Monday before admission decisions
Cool! Thank you for all the insight!
 
Collecting what I have seen in this forum
Its a synchronous MMI, 7 stations, 2 minutes prep, note taking allowed. How long is the answering time? and are there follow ups questions included in that?
and then there is one traditional interview with a faculty member. How long is that typically?

If anyone could provide those details that would be awesome!
Thanks 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Collecting what I have seen in this forum
Its a synchronous MMI, 7 stations, 2 minutes prep, note taking allowed. How long is the answering time? and are there follow ups questions included in that?
and then there is one traditional interview with a faculty member. How long is that typically?

If anyone could provide those details that would be awesome!
Thanks 🙂

I think it was 5 min response time, follow ups are included but it depends on the question. The trad interview was 30-40 min.
 
Do y'all know when the admissions committee meets each month? I am writing up an update letter and want to send it in before they meet this month. I think I remember hearing its the 3rd week but does anyone know which day?
 
Do y'all know when the admissions committee meets each month? I am writing up an update letter and want to send it in before they meet this month. I think I remember hearing its the 3rd week but does anyone know which day?
My understanding is Thursday they meet, and Friday they notify (or Monday). Not sure how accurate. FX
 
Hey! Could anyone kindly comment on their experience with the interview day here? I have mine coming up , nervous af haha
I thought it was very chill! The MMI scenarios were pretty straightforward and had a nice mixture of questions with more than enough time to answer. The faculty interview was awesome, I could have talked for hours with my faculty interviewer, she was simply the best! Don't freak out, just trust in your application and trust that you are a good fit for the school already because you got an interview invite. Best of luck, you got this in the bag!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y'all know when the admissions committee meets each month? I am writing up an update letter and want to send it in before they meet this month. I think I remember hearing it’s the 3rd week but does anyone know which day?
They’re meeting this Thursday.
Are you sending an update or letter of intent?
Since it’s only been 3 weeks since my interview, I’m not sure if appropriate to send an update letter.
 
yeah what did it say?
I received the SCP email as well even though my II was yesterday and my interview is next week. It is an overview information session covering the Scholarly Concentration Programs (AIMED, CEMED, EDMED). The zoom for it is today at 5pm CT and they included a flyer with the link 🙂 It says it is for all campuses. Not sure if maybe they had others of these at earlier times in the cycle and thats why not everyone received it?
 
I received the SCP email as well even though my II was yesterday and my interview is next week. It is an overview information session covering the Scholarly Concentration Programs (AIMED, CEMED, EDMED). The zoom for it is today at 5pm CT and they included a flyer with the link 🙂 It says it is for all campuses. Not sure if maybe they had others of these at earlier times in the cycle and thats why not everyone received it?
Ahh! Thank you. I didn’t get one but I wasn’t interested in those programs; I only indicated I was interested in the global health one in the secondary. Maybe it was sent to those who were interested in those? no clue..?
 
Ahh! Thank you. I didn’t get one but I wasn’t interested in those programs; I only indicated I was interested in the global health one in the secondary. Maybe it was sent to those who were interested in those? no clue..?
No problem! I have no clue what their method was for choosing who to send them to (maybe check your junk if you haven’t just in case?). I didn’t mention an interest in any of those 3 programs either (I mentioned urban medicine and patient centered medicine), so really not sure… I wouldn’t read too much into it since if I got an email w/o having my interview yet, I highly doubt it means anything regarding decisions.
 
I sent an update letter via the document portal a few days ago. Should I have also emailed them saying that I did? Feeling paranoid lol
 
I sent an update letter via the document portal a few days ago. Should I have also emailed them saying that I did? Feeling paranoid lol
Considering that I got an II within a few hours of an update upload (didn't email), I am willing to bet they get notified when you do so (or else that was a crazy coincidence that they sent one within hours of an update).
 
I haven’t received an II yet, but sent an update letter in December. I don’t have any new or significant activities, so I don’t wanna bother them with nothing. Should I send them an interest or intent letter that’s basically just talking about different programs I would wanna be a part of?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thats weird, i thought only accepted students got the email
I feel like they must have made a mistake in sending me it... the vibe of this zoom rn is that its for accepted students lol but someone above said they got the email and were still waiting on their decision... so who knows.. now im paranoid that my interview invite was a mistake too (its scheduled officially in the portal but ahhhh)

Update: She just said "congratulations to you all on your acceptance" so this definitely was supposed to be for accepted students...so odd...
 
Last edited:
I feel like they must have made a mistake in sending me it... the vibe of this zoom rn is that its for accepted students lol but someone above said they got the email and were still waiting on their decision... so who knows.. now im paranoid that my interview invite was a mistake too (its scheduled officially in the portal but ahhhh)

Update: She just said "congratulations to you all on your acceptance" so this definitely was supposed to be for accepted students...so odd...
lol I was confuses too
I did my interview two weeks ago
I wonder if we still haven’t been notified yet
Apparently we might hear something this week?
Lowkey thought I got the email by mistake but now maybe not
 
lol I was confuses too
I did my interview two weeks ago
I wonder if we still haven’t been notified yet
Apparently we might hear something this week?
Lowkey thought I got the email by mistake but now maybe not
My interview is next Wednesday which makes this extra confusing 🤣 Lets manifest that its at least good news for y'all who interviewed already...