You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Iowa
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS Alternate list #138. This is my only hope so don’t know how to feel
OOS A :_)) interviewed on (i think) their last interview day, 1/17. I will likely be withdrawing but I love this school so much, their Writing and Humanities program is unparalleled. Good luck to everyone!
For applicants reading this in the future: I truly believe sending an update helped me secure my interview! I submitted secondaries in early Aug, radio silence until I submitted an update on 12/5 and received the interview on 12/30. Maybe it's a coincidence, but also maybe not!
For applicants reading this in the future: I truly believe sending an update helped me secure my interview! I submitted secondaries in early Aug, radio silence until I submitted an update on 12/5 and received the interview on 12/30. Maybe it's a coincidence, but also maybe not!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wheattrout
Full Member
OOS Post II R. No state ties, interview in Nov
virallabyrinthitis
New Member
IS R. See all you Rs next year.
Pharmageddon347
New Member
IS WL #8. Is this a good position to be in?
I feel like that's a great position to be. Not a ton of IS folks ahead of you and they may still choose to go elsewhere.IS WL #8. Is this a good position to be in?
CerebralWanderer07
Full Member
+1 OOS Post-II R
bananaboat10
Full Member
Anybody know if there’s an admitted students group chat?
scarletblight
New Member
Does anyone have the numbers for how much the OOS waitlist has moved in the past few years? I was just placed in the mid-30’s.
poopydoops
Full Member
IS R, as expected. Best of luck to everyone.
AnEndlessSourceofLove
Full Member
OOS A 🥹 Dreams really do come true!!!! Hugs to everyone on the WL <3
slimypeanut
Full Member
OOS WL
greymolerat
Full Member
OOS WL, #107 >> #[emoji2397]8. Just withdrew. Best of luck to everyone!
I am #30 WL In state. Does anyone know what my chances could look like. Any insights would be appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
youmatter:)
Full Member
is #5 looking good for OOS 🥺 Carver is my top choice
I’m almost certain you’ll get the offer! Send a letter of intent 🙂is #5 looking good for OOS 🥺 Carver is my top choice
Are we allowed to send letters of intent? I though they said they don’t accept them.I’m almost certain you’ll get the offer! Send a letter of intent 🙂
My bad! You're correct. My brain just auto-defaults to LOI when WL+Top choice.Are we allowed to send letters of intent? I though they said they don’t accept them.
Hold up. That’s my spot. Are you OOS by chance? 😂I am IS WL #30. Should I even keep any hope of getting accepted?
That's great that IS lets you know where you are on the WL. I wish all schools did this!
Good luck to you all on said WL!!
Good luck to you all on said WL!!
smithy3
New Member
Oh! OopsHold up. That’s my spot. Are you OOS by chance? 😂
Any WL movement for anybody?
Malignwine
Full Member
Since Wednesday, it’s dropped 8 for me OOS but none today.
What was your original position @Malignwine
Malignwine
Full Member
Mid 40sWhat was your original position @Malignwine
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Withdrew my OOS A earlier today, I hope it goes to one of you very deserving applicants!
Malignwine
Full Member
Every time the WL moves up by one, the theoretical room of duck-sized horses between me and getting to start school in the Summer shrinks, and I get (maybe foolishly) excited.Withdrew my OOS A earlier today, I hope it goes to one of you very deserving applicants!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RegularJoe
New Member
Does anyone know when financial aid offers will be released? I can't find anything about it on Carver's website... Sorry if this question has already been asked!
youmatter:)
Full Member
any WL movement?
Pharmageddon347
New Member
IS waitlist has not movedany WL movement?
Malignwine
Full Member
OOS WL also hasn’t moved, at least for me
bananaboat10
Full Member
I think they work through them periodically! Mine showed up in the MyUI portal a few days after I filled out the parent financial information forms.Does anyone know when financial aid offers will be released? I can't find anything about it on Carver's website... Sorry if this question has already been asked!
Malignwine
Full Member
WL dropped one OOS for me today!
youmatter:)
Full Member
I’ve dropped one since WL started! Prob gonna have to wait until May for more movement :/
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
I've dropped 13 spots since WL start!
Malignwine
Full Member
it went down to 33 :,-)Withdrew my OOS WL position. OOS tuition and location just couldn’t compete with my other acceptances, but I was impressed by the curriculum and medical humanities track. Hope one of you lovelies gets your much deserved A
youmatter:)
Full Member
Wow I feel this is a lot more movement compared to the previous years from lurking on the threads!it went down to 33 :,-)
onedirection5
New Member
Is there an accepted students groupme?
pmfromiowa
Full Member
Only a FB group as far as i knowIs there an accepted students groupme?
RegularJoe
New Member
I have been wondering if there was a Facebook group, but I haven't heard anything about it until now... Would you mind sharing the group name?Only a FB group as far as i know
Last edited:
PreDeltaMed
Full Member
Has anyone here received their financial aid information yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CRISPR-Cas-yourmom
Full Member
if soemone could share the facebook group, I would really appreciate it too! also, does anyone know what the attire is for Saturday? all I saw in the emails was that the optional dinner that night "casual dress encouraged" but it didn't talk about attire for the official events in the morningI have been wondering if there was a Facebook group, but I haven't heard anything about it until now... Would you mind sharing the group name?
RegularJoe
New Member
Carver sent out an email in February about the Second Look event that said "casual dress is encouraged all day", but I haven't seen that posted anywhere else. I am sure that plenty of people will end up wearing business casual attire (especially if they didn't receive the February email), but doing so doesn't seem to be required or expected...if soemone could share the facebook group, I would really appreciate it too! also, does anyone know what the attire is for Saturday? all I saw in the emails was that the optional dinner that night "casual dress encouraged" but it didn't talk about attire for the official events in the morning
gohawks2029
New Member
the group name is "Class of 2029 - Carver College of Medicine". I also saw the "casual dress encouraged all day" but will probably err on the side of comfortable biz casualif soemone could share the facebook group, I would really appreciate it too! also, does anyone know what the attire is for Saturday? all I saw in the emails was that the optional dinner that night "casual dress encouraged" but it didn't talk about attire for the official events in the morning
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
Has anybody been accepted from the OOS waitlist or has movement just been due to people withdrawing?
youmatter:)
Full Member
99% sure it’s just people withdrawing 😭Has anybody been accepted from the OOS waitlist or has movement just been due to people withdrawing?