You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Iowa
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
slimypeanut
Full Member
This is true. My boyfriend is an M3 and they use NBME shelf examsMy understanding is that pre-clinical uses in-house exams but that in the clinical curriculum, NBME shelf exams are used for core rotations. This was a few years ago though I’m not sure if that has changed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mudbugbranchblock
Full Member
Im guessing it's gonna be next Wednesday at this point, see y'all in a week lol
virallabyrinthitis
New Member
I guess 9 days before match is their preference, should any of us need to reapply.
Dang, was really hoping to offload some of this stress with a decision 😭😭
bananaboat10
Full Member
Does anyone know if we’ll receive an email with our decision, or will we log into the portal to find out?
littlebug<3
New Member
you should get an email that says something about an update being posted in the portal and to check there, kinda like what they did for the final pool announcementDoes anyone know if we’ll receive an email with our decision, or will we log into the portal to find out?
bananaboat10
Full Member
My final pool email was very detailed, I didn’t have to log into the portal — did you have a different experience?you should get an email that says something about an update being posted in the portal and to check there, kinda like what they did for the final pool announcement
chicagopackerfan
Full Member
Does anyone think it could be today?
iambarrabas
Full Member
Could be but last 5 years has been a WednesdayDoes anyone think it could be today?
AnEndlessSourceofLove
Full Member
Sending everyone good vibes for Final Pool Decision Day! 💛 Proud of us all for making it this far, and wishing everyone the best! 🫶
shinymagikarp
Full Member
As an OOS applicant, genuinely a nervous wreck for the decision release knowing full well the odds are against me. Bring it on!
Malignwine
Full Member
I'm assuming that means all decisions will be posted by March 15, not exactly on March 15I'm sleuthing on the website and it says "all final admissions decisions posted" on March 15th... I REALLY hope they release results tomorrow, I REALLY don't want to have to continue to wait till Friday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1208873
I'm sleuthing on the website and it says "all final admissions decisions posted" on March 15th... I REALLY hope they release results tomorrow, I REALLY don't want to have to continue to wait till Friday
Yes, March 15th is just the deadline. So decisions will be posted by that day at the very latest, but could come sooner (probably tomorrow)I'm assuming that means all decisions will be posted by March 15, not exactly on March 15
littlebug<3
New Member
if todays the day, good luck everyone!
Malignwine
Full Member
Do we have ANY idea what time to expect?
Pharmageddon347
New Member
Pulled this from a thread 2 years ago, credit to hawksfan4, I did not fact check it myself.....Do we have ANY idea what time to expect?
"Some more info for those as neurotic as me: In the last 5ish cycles, if they release the results on a Wednesday, they send the email in the morning, any time from 9 to 12 am. If they release the results on a Tuesday, they've sent the email later in the afternoon, from 2-4PM.”
pmfromiowa
Full Member
DECISIONS LOADING
D
deleted1208873
DECISIONS LOADING
Attachments
pmfromiowa
Full Member
ACCEPTED IN STATE LFG
bananaboat10
Full Member
ACCEPTED IN STATE!!
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
OOS A, interviewed december(?)
probably gonna withdraw but it is such a lovely school! Partner who goes here has nothing but praise 🙂
Congratulations fellow matriculants!
probably gonna withdraw but it is such a lovely school! Partner who goes here has nothing but praise 🙂
Congratulations fellow matriculants!
stressing so bad, should not have looked at sdnDid anyone else hear back? Or are only accepted people hearing from them right now?
shinymagikarp
Full Member
Genuinely think the fact the decisions take this long mean we are in the WL or R pilestressing so bad, should not have looked at sdn
KingCrashout
Full Member
OOS WL
youmatter:)
Full Member
OOS AL
Last edited:
Bubble_hehe_XD
New Member
IS A!!!!!!! I am shaking rn
Interview 9/23
Secondaries 8/16
Interview 9/23
Secondaries 8/16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS WL…going to be withdrawing as I was accepted to my in-state school with scholarship but I want to say that this was my absolute favorite school throughout this process. Had I not had to consider a lot of family circumstances CCOM would absolutely be my first choice. If any future applicants are reading this please do yourself a favor and visit the school and the amazing faculty
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
OOS WL
OOS WL #81 damn this was my top choice
Malignwine
Full Member
OOS WL. Not sure whether to give up hope considering I’m in the mid 40s
mudbugbranchblock
Full Member
OOS R, damn. Felt really good about my interview in October
shinymagikarp
Full Member
OOS R.
premedbunny
Full Member
OOS R, I thought my interview went really well so I’m surprised! I would have had to decline an A anyway, so that’s okay 🙂
OOS AL >80. Considering this an R since past years say the OOS only moves up 30-40😞
Last edited:
IncredibleRatatouille
Full Member
IS WL
medapp1972
New Member
OOO R. Rejections sting a little more after completing the interview
at No.127.... don't give up hope apparently the OOS moves more than the IS "Two separate alternate lists for residents/nonresidents. Applicants are notified of position and updated on secondary. 19 residents & 46 nonresidents were accepted from alternate list in 2019 cycle."OOS WL. Not sure whether to give up hope considering I’m in the mid 40s
girlbossqueen
New Member
OOS R w/strong ties to state 🙁
premedddddd
New Member
IS R, was kind of expecting it but still kinda hurts🥲
BullShooter
Full Member
IS WL Position 17. Howdy Fellow IS WL neighbors! 👋🤠
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1208873
IS R 🙁 really stings, but glad the uncertainty is finally over. Congrats to everybody accepted!
IS A. Interviewed 9/13!
cerebralforks
Full Member
+1 OOS R
Malignwine
Full Member
The fact that they have a real-time tracker is so kind of them. Instead of my email, I now will have a new thing to keep on refreshing🥹.